Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have less than 11,000 miles on my F-Pace, but for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting a message on the digital dash that I'm due for service in XXXXX miles. Right now it says I need to have my car serviced after 950 more miles. That's not even close to 15,000. Anyone else getting a Next service required message that will be way short of 15K? Did you take it in? What did your dealer's service manager say about this?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Services are mileage and time based. Has it been almost a year since your car was built/delivered? It could be averaging your mileage and estimating how many miles until its birthday.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Simply put.....It is based on which ever occurs first..The "One Year" or the "15,000 miles..."

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
no but i got an email from jaguar saying service time was coming up even though i'm only at 10k miles and about 6 months, wonder if they are just guessing or estimating from my prior rate of putting in miles.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car was built in March and delivered in May. When I asked my Service Mgr a couple of months ago (before the messages starting appearing) he said to wait till 15,000 miles. Is he correct?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
@One YEAR or 15,000 miles, whichever comes first!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Take it in at one year (preferably a couple weeks before just in case) or you'll lose your first scheduled maintenance. DPK is ? percent correct on this!

·
Registered
188 Posts
My car was built in March and delivered in May. When I asked my Service Mgr a couple of months ago (before the messages starting appearing) he said to wait till 15,000 miles. Is he correct?
This isn't difficult.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hey Trek , I believe most dealers offer you a *30-Day* window , either before or after your *1-Year* timeline ! So , if you haven't reached 15K miles by your *1-year* date , then you should get it serviced within the next *30-days* of that date !
Please check with your dealer to make sure they honor this *30-Day* window !

To answer your question "Is he correct ?" , I would have to say NO !
What if you don't reach 15K until another 6-months ???

Then you are SOL , on that first FREE Oil Change !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same issue here,
car says service requried in 300 miles (now at 8,600 miles) at 11 month old.
I will hit the "magical" 8,900 miles 5 weeks before the 1 year birthday.

My service advisor said that the selling agency should have reset the car at time of sale.
I cant bring the car in more than 1 month before purchase date as they will not get service paid from Jaguar N/A.

We plan on getting the car in service 3 weeks before the birthday day, which is 2 weeks (aprox. 600 miles) after the car wants to go in.

Luckily I got all this in writing ;-)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Got an email from my service department that mine is due for service even though it was in in the middle of August and I've only put 4,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I called Jaguar of Great Neck for 1 year service (brought the car 4-25-18). They tell me that the "birthday of the care was February" and therefore I'm too late as I need to be in by March 2018 and will have to wait until March 2019 or until I get 16,000 miles (only have 5500)

WTF! Asked to speak to a manager and Crystal (person who answered phone) says they are all on vacation!!! I never got any notification about any of this.

This is not a joke.

I called the guy I brought the car from in the dealer and he is looking into it. I might buy another Jaguar but not from Great Neck!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
So I called Jaguar of Great Neck for 1 year service (brought the car 4-25-18). They tell me that the "birthday of the care was February" and therefore I'm too late as I need to be in by March 2018 and will have to wait until March 2019 or until I get 16,000 miles (only have 5500)

WTF! Asked to speak to a manager and Crystal (person who answered phone) says they are all on vacation!!! I never got any notification about any of this.

This is not a joke.

I called the guy I brought the car from in the dealer and he is looking into it. I might buy another Jaguar but not from Great Neck!
It's one year from the day you took delivery, which I assume was 4/25/17? Pretty sure nobody was delivering a 2018 MY F-Pace in February.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I called the dealer who I brought the car from and he called service dept and now I am scheduled for tomorrow. He laughed when I told him that the service dept told me it had to be a year from the cars "birthday"

I have had nothing but problems from Great Neck Jaguar service dept. Lets see what happens.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Carina has 396 miles and I got the Next Service in 1900 miles message. Guess I will get that early oil change everyone else wanted ;)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
Carina has 396 miles and I got the Next Service in 1900 miles message. Guess I will get that early oil change everyone else wanted ;)

Has it been almost a year already... how time flys

DP

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Has it been almost a year already... how time flys

DP
she is year old from build date but delivery was mid December

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
she is year old from build date but delivery was mid December

That happed with my first car it came up for service on the build date (July) not the in service date. (October) Come to find out the PDI was not done correctly that’s why I was gettig the wrong date. The service department reset and fixed it. You Mileage is so low. I thought I had a low mile car. You definitely win that race.

DP

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That happed with my first car it came up for service on the build date (July) not the in service date. (October) Come to find out the PDI was not done correctly that’s why I was gettig the wrong date. The service department reset and fixed it. You Mileage is so low. I thought I had a low mile car. You definitely win that race.

DP
not a race I want to win :crying: she has low mileage because I can't drive it :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts