Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought I was placing an order, but turns out that I'm merely loitering in queue, waiting for my dealer to get the "order call" from Jaguar for a 2018 R-Sport. As soon as they get the green light, THEN my order will be placed. EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

During my week of test-driving comparable vehicles, it came down to the R-PACE (which I was admittedly obsessed with from the moment I drove one) & the BMW X4 M40. They're pretty equal in performance specs, but the just X4 didn't have that luxury ride, the "hey, what the heck IS that?" exterior styling factor. Coupled with the X4's pretty skimpy cargo space, I have no regrets on going with Jaguar.

R-Sport: Italian Racing Red, Oyster Leather w/lime stitching, Jet headlining, heated windshield/washers, roof rails, tow hitch, HUD, Activity Key, Tech Pkg, Prot. Pkg

I think Tom Petty had it right...."The waaaaaaaiting is the hardest part".

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's F-PACE experience.

Lori
Middleton, WI (please, no Green Bay Packer jokes - it's too soon:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Congrats!

I am noticing that there are many folks in this forum tend to order instead of buying straight off the lot. I wonder if this forum attracts "orderers" or is this nature of ordering jags in general.

PS. Bills fan here. Let me just put it out there - Bills are going to playoffs next year.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome to the female FPACE owners club. Well, almost anyway. :)

(go Pats!)

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well, I thought I was placing an order, but turns out that I'm merely loitering in queue, waiting for my dealer to get the "order call" from Jaguar for a 2018 R-Sport. As soon as they get the green light, THEN my order will be placed. EEEEEEEEEEEEE!
DITTO!

From most opinions, sounds like this means neither of us will see our F-Pace until July or August. Waited forever to pull the trigger and now I want it yesterday. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up ordering because the roof rails are a must from the factory. I do a lot of paddleboarding, so need to have those in order to have cross-bars on which to strap a 13' SUP to the roof. Also, I wanted the trailer hitch system. It's only about a $650 option, but if you have it installed after the fact at the dealership, you can expect to double that.
That, and there just weren't any R-Sports out there that didn't have all black interior. I may be slightly obsessed with the Oyster leather with lime stitching.

If I'm spending $60K+ on a car, I want EXACTLY what I want!

Good luck to the Bills next year. For now, GO FALCONS!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DITTO!

From most opinions, sounds like this means neither of us will see our F-Pace until July or August. Waited forever to pull the trigger and now I want it yesterday. :)
Ugh. That's brutal.

·
Registered
258 Posts

During my week of test-driving comparable vehicles, it came down to the R-PACE (which I was admittedly obsessed with from the moment I drove one) & the BMW X4 M40. They're pretty equal in performance specs, but the just X4 didn't have that luxury ride, the "hey, what the heck IS that?" exterior styling factor. Coupled with the X4's pretty skimpy cargo space, I have no regrets on going with Jaguar.

Lori
Middleton, WI (please, no Green Bay Packer jokes - it's too soon:)
The oyster with lime stitching is very hard to find at a dealer. I think that is the nicest interior the FP has.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I placed an order for an R-Sport at the end of December. I thought that I was ordering MY2017, but then the dealer was told that it would be MY2018 for delivery in July/August. A week or so ago they said it will now be MY2017 and should arrive in April/May. I've never custom ordered in the past so the process is a mystery to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts