Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hopefully this is the right section for this question. Does anyone know or have any insight regarding whether or not the newest style key fob can be programmed to the "older" style F-Pace? The fob I'm referring to is seen on the E-Pace and I-Pace, probably others, and I assume it'll be paired with the 2021+ model F-Pace as well. I did try pairing this style fob (albeit LR-branded) to my previous LR4 but no dice, however, that vehicle was on an older generation of electronics.

I'll attach a picture of the fob I'm referring to. Any insight is much appreciated. Just been needing a spare key anyway and thought why not upgrade to the newest if it works.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi everyone, hopefully this is the right section for this question. Does anyone know or have any insight regarding whether or not the newest style key fob can be programmed to the "older" style F-Pace? The fob I'm referring to is seen on the E-Pace and I-Pace, probably others, and I assume it'll be paired with the 2021+ model F-Pace as well. I did try pairing this style fob (albeit LR-branded) to my previous LR4 but no dice, however, that vehicle was on an older generation of electronics.

I'll attach a picture of the fob I'm referring to. Any insight is much appreciated. Just been needing a spare key anyway and thought why not upgrade to the newest if it works.

I asked about this, but they said that it can not be paired to my late model 2018 Fpace. The new 2021 uses this.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
What are those tabs sticking out on that Fob for? Attaching it to a keyring? I'm hoping they can be removed. I use my fob without any keys attached. Simply just goes in my pocket never take it out. I really want the phone unlock, but I get we won't get that with the 2021s. However, those tabs are going to be a pain in my butt, literally! :(

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Eeewwww! I'll stick with mine thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
What are those tabs sticking out on that Fob for? Attaching it to a keyring? I'm hoping they can be removed. I use my fob without any keys attached. Simply just goes in my pocket never take it out. I really want the phone unlock, but I get we won't get that with the 2021s. However, those tabs are going to be a pain in my butt, literally! :(
99% sure there will be a metal piece that clips onto there and covers those prongs. Maybe even has a physical key attached.

·
Registered
83 Posts
99% sure there will be a metal piece that clips onto there and covers those prongs. Maybe even has a physical key attached.
That’s where the physical key is now. There’s a button on the side that releases it. I just had a loaner 2020 E-Pace when mine was in for service and it had this new style key. Too bad they didn’t add a remote start button instead of the headlight button (again). Having to use the app is inconvenient and doesn’t work if you’re in an area with flaky wireless coverage. I don’t think I’ve ever used the headlight button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts