Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! New to this forum and so much great information!! Just picked up my F-Pace last Saturday! LOVING IT!!! I think I may have made a fatal mistake though - well, not fatal, but might be serious. I LOVE Sirius XM - meaning I listen to it all the time in my vehicle. None of the colors I liked at the dealership had the Satellite radio option, so I did not get it, ASSUMING that I would just be able to add it later. It looks like I was wrong :( Curious how folks who didn't get that option are getting around it and/or are there aftermarket options that integrate with the vehicle (don't want anything that takes away from the beauty of the interior). thanks in advance!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi everyone! New to this forum and so much great information!! Just picked up my F-Pace last Saturday! LOVING IT!!! I think I may have made a fatal mistake though - well, not fatal, but might be serious. I LOVE Sirius XM - meaning I listen to it all the time in my vehicle. None of the colors I liked at the dealership had the Satellite radio option, so I did not get it, ASSUMING that I would just be able to add it later. It looks like I was wrong :( Curious how folks who didn't get that option are getting around it and/or are there aftermarket options that integrate with the vehicle (don't want anything that takes away from the beauty of the interior). thanks in advance!
You can get Serius/XM on your mobile device and plug it in via USB or Blu Tooth. Should work just fine. I'd consider the Pro Clip mount for your mobile device.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
341 Posts
I work at SiriusXM.

Your least-messy option, as JocDoc says, is to get the All Access package which includes streaming, and stream it. You might lose some sound quality though.

Your more-messy option is to buy an SXM aftermarket radio and deal with the cords that come with it and other issues with installation. Better sound quality, but messy.

PM me if you want more details about streaming. Happy to help!

·
Registered
522 Posts
bpmba, does Sirius/XM offer any kind of discount for adding a subscription for a second car? I am waiting until my 3 month trial gets close to expiring and considering removing the time from my previous car. I still have that car, but will drive it very little now....wondering if it is worth keeping the service on both cars.

Thanks....good to have friends in high places!

·
Registered
341 Posts
bpmba, does Sirius/XM offer any kind of discount for adding a subscription for a second car? I am waiting until my 3 month trial gets close to expiring and considering removing the time from my previous car. I still have that car, but will drive it very little now....wondering if it is worth keeping the service on both cars.

Thanks....good to have friends in high places!
Yes we do! I'll message you.

Reactions: jmk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not sure if this helps you but, I have Sirius on my gato but from time to time, I'll switch to my phone Sirius app streaming through Bluetooth because with the mobile app, I'm able to have my own mix on my favorite channels and I'm also able to skip songs if i want to. Something you cannot do with any sirius-enabled radio, as far as i know.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I work at SiriusXM.

!
Good to know..

So, why is it every year on both cars, I have to call and threaten to cancel to get a lower more reasonable price?..Can't we just set up a plan that is reasonable and can remain the same cost, year after year? I have it now shaved down to the "ONLY MUSIC plan.. Seems they treat newbies with better prices and full programming, than they do loyal long time customers.. But each year I get this stupid overpriced renewal statement and back on the phone I go.. I think next year I will cancel. (Of course, I do expect a little increase for inflation, etc)

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Good to know..

So, why is it every year on both cars, I have to call and threaten to cancel to get a lower more reasonable price?..Can't we just set up a plan that is reasonable and can remain the same cost, year after year? I have it now shaved down to the "ONLY MUSIC plan.. Seems they treat newbies with better prices and full programming, than they do loyal long time customers.. But each year I get this stupid overpriced renewal statement and back on the phone I go.. I think next year I will cancel. (Of course, I do expect a little increase for inflation, etc)
The topic of discussion is how to add Sirius to a vehicle that did not come with one. Please do not change the subject. Thank you.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Good to know..

Your post may have been off topic- but right on. I have been going through the same crap with the Sirius subscription in 2 of my vehicles. They better come up with a better, reasonable annual plan or I will cancel as well. Same bull as the cable companies, they treat newbies better than long time customers.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I believe the topic should include discussion about Sirus/XM in general too..So it is ON topic IMO.

Reactions: mrjoed2

·
Registered
95 Posts
Silly question, but have you asked the dealer what it would take?

In my past experience there is usually a module and a radio antenna to be added.

someone in the past had posted the sound system diagram, that would mostly likely point out the bits and pieces you need for satellite radio to work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts