Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
like a lot of other users I am unhappy with the stock 265/40R22 tires. I was going back and forth between the X5 and the Jag and the only regret I have right now is those 'slim' tires.
The cat is sporting the 22" black double helix rims and although i wouldn't mind keeping them, I'm ready to change over the rims in order to make space for a wider rubber.
I'd like to at least have 285's all around (for easier rotation) and wanted to see if anybody knows how wide I can go on the OEM helix's.
OR: maybe a 21" (or 20") rim with 295/45 R20/21.... any help would be so much appreciated.
Not sure how to figure out what would fit on that car.

Thanks all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Dom

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
As long as you stay at about 30.3 inches for the diameter of the tire you will be OK in 22's. If you change wheel size just rember the offset of the wheel you might have in mind and the bolt pattern.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here are. 2 sites that will help you, this is what I used to see what size I wanted and the impact of the change.

1, https://tiresize.com/comparison/
And https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

This site is good for comparing sizes and their changes impact, diameter, revs per mile etc... Also the offset calculator to see what a change would do there inside and outside.

2. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=3&autoMake=Jaguar&autoYear=2017&autoModel=F-Pace&autoModClar=&width=265/&ratio=40&diameter=22&sortCode=61443&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=H&minLoadRating=XL

Tirerack I use to research tires and their specs ( not nessarly buy from there ) . Tire width, wight, load reating ( wall stiffness ), revs by mile, tread with etc... by size. As they have great charts showing all tire specs by size by every tire they have.

My personal advise do not venture outside of OEM specs, I can feel the tire roll when driving my f pace and adding anything wider will only make our car more "floaty". I have an Subaru sti track car and I played a lot with tires ( using the sites above ) and I have 2 sets of wheels/tires for it depending on track ( twisties or straits). But the main impact I saw was weight ! This is something everyone overlooks and is unreal what a few pounds of rotating mass will do to a car, so keep that in mind as you spec out your next wheel and tire combo.

Hope it helps, good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW! Thanks so much everybody! I guess there is waaaaay more to consider than I thought. @P.J. seeing as you're 'around the corner' from me, is there a store you can recommend that's near greater ATL? The two places I've been to weren't much help....

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Dom,

the issue you'll have is the 9 inch wide DH wheels. Putting 285s on them may be an issue. Most of the 285's I've seen out there are mounted in at least 9.5 inch wide rims. On 9s they will be wider than the 265s but not as wide as if they were mounted on 10 or 10.5 rims. I have the 285/35 22 DWS 06 Conti's on my F-Pace, lots of pics of it here with that setup, but I have them mounted on 22 x 10.5 inch Ace Alloy rims. Tires look quite a bit wider than stock, but you need to rim width to really get them there.

I would recommend your 21 inch rim replacement option, since i do believe that rim diameter is the perfect set for ride, looks and handling. I love my 22s but I would have gone with 21s if I could find something I liked and that is the issue with the 21s. Simply not a lot of options out there for that diameter, unless you are willing to spend a lot of money.

Good luck with the hunt, another great site in seeing how a tire and rim size will sit on the F-Pace compared to stock is.

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit which is a tire and rim and offset calculator.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
65 Posts
WOW! Thanks so much everybody! I guess there is waaaaay more to consider than I thought. @P.J. seeing as you're 'around the corner' from me, is there a store you can recommend that's near greater ATL? The two places I've been to weren't much help....
I do not have a good shop here, I just moved here from california and not had the time too look yet. My shop in California was great, but i have to start looking here now. I will research online, yelp, tirerack (installers), and other online review sites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All im going to say is stick with a higher sidewall height. I didn't take this into account when upgrading to 20" and got a slightly smaller sidewall. I'm gutted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts