Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I will try to keep this short but as you will soon find out, I am stoked over my recent purchase. Let me first set the stage. I am 49 years old with 2 kids (11 and 13) that are heavily into sports. The car I traded in I purchased 10 years ago...yes LOL 10 years ago. It was at the time my favorite car (Chrysler 300 SRT8) with many mods etc. Back in the day I would take it to the track/car shows etc. It was my baby. That is up until 12/23. I was originally looking at getting a Maserati Ghibli as I definitely needed the 4 dr aspect with my kids. But as I started to think about this more and more (lugging equipment around for next 7 plus years) I started to look into SUV's. Was not a big fan of the Mercedes or BMW's and was just about to pull the trigger on a Porsche when my buddy said check out the JAGS. I was like huh....they don't have an SUV! After doing a quick google search and reading the reviews I was immediately sold, however I did not want to buy NEW and given that these were in HOT demand and new to market I could only locate 3 used F-Pace's in all of Florida and 2 were base models which I did not want. The other one was IT! Had everything I wanted (R Sport/Black Package/Navigation Package/Seating color scheme/Silver Color/22 RIMS)!

So after a little bit of negotiating I finally got them down to the price I wanted and I think the dealership wanting to close out by YE had a lot to do with it. Since the car was about an hour away at a BMW store they really could not show me all the options and set up as needed and they did not have any affiliated Jaguar locations. So shortly after X MAS I found a Jaguar dealership in the Ft Lauderdale area and they were AWESOME. Service Manager spent an hour with me going over all the options of the car and they removed all the old users information and registered mine. When he put my VIN into the system there were several updates that needed to be done so I left it with them for 2 days and they did several updates, got the standard free wash but they also filled up my tank as I know it was on empty when I brought in.

Here are a few pics of my new baby! Just got the windows tinted and next on the list is to get calipers painted. Love the forum and can't wait to be a contributing member

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome to the cool club! We have similar builds, so I would like to personally commend you on having exquisite taste. I noticed the driver side exhaust tip looking a little off in your picture so you may want to have that checked out (and get a detailed report of the car history) just in case. Best of luck!

Reactions: GRVR

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Good choice on the F Pace. Congrats! I'm amazed there's already a used market!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Ba-da-BOOM! Most excellent decision! I was also a former MOPAR person, the last completely new car I purchased was a 2005 Magnum R/T, which I promptly added a Vortec supercharger, long tube headers, free flowing cats, and so on. The FP should have nearly the same pull as your SRT-8 (okay, maybe a few tenths of a second slower) and I know you will appreciate the handling and dare I say more refinement of the Jaguar. You will no doubt begin exploring the performance envelope of the FP, and I promise you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really wouldn't call it a used market as of yet. The two base models must of been dealer cars as they only had like 300 miles on them. Mine was delivered 7/11/2016 and when I purchased 12/23 it had 3,800 miles. I got extremely lucky!

Great call on the rear exhaust. I just went out to car and they definitely are not aligned the same. Is this something the dealership should take care of?

When I purchased the car they showed me car fax and I got the vehicle history report which only showed the car being in to fill tires with hydrogen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...the HEMI had a Corso exhaust, airhammer intake and tuned by Diablo Motor Sports. They put it on their monitors and was getting 435 HP to the wheels. I'm now approaching 50 and have 2 kids that are much more important to me then going down the drag strip....LOL. I am in LOVE with the Jaguar F Pace and am constantly being asked about it when on the road. Best choice ever!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yeah...the HEMI had a Corso exhaust, airhammer intake and tuned by Diablo Motor Sports. They put it on their monitors and was getting 435 HP to the wheels. I'm now approaching 50 and have 2 kids that are much more important to me then going down the drag strip....LOL. I am in LOVE with the Jaguar F Pace and am constantly being asked about it when on the road. Best choice ever!
Hate to go OFF TOPIC on this one, but here was my Magnum, it dyno'd 420 at the rear whells at this elevation, which they tell me was equal to something over 500 at sea level. What a fun car to drive, at least in a straight line. Not that I would do anything illegal, but it was a great Mustang GT hunter...

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I purchased the car they showed me car fax and I got the vehicle history report which only showed the car being in to fill tires with hydrogen.
I hope that's a typo and you meant NITROGEN! :eek:

If not, you need to remove the hydrogen immediately! And CAREFULLY!!!

Kerry

Reactions: GRVR and Jman97

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to the club (South Florida Chapter). I got my R-Sport yesterday from The Collection in Miami. It is getting tints and paint protection film tomorrow. Hope to see you on the road.
Regards,
A 48 year old with two kids who turned in his 15 year old Lexus!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome and enjoy! Heard good things about Alpine. Bought mine out of dealer stock with 400 miles on it as well (demo car).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everyone thanks for the warm welcome. It was noted earlier that it appears my rear tail pipes are not even. Is this something (Alpine) the dealership should inspect and correct?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Everyone thanks for the warm welcome. It was noted earlier that it appears my rear tail pipes are not even. Is this something (Alpine) the dealership should inspect and correct?
Yes, and get under the back and really check it out, could be indicative of a rear end hit. I know, I was rear ended and the driver's side tail pipe was bent.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
As noted elsewhere you really scored both with the FP and the Jaguar dealership service department.

Inquiring minds are of course dying to know ballpark what you paid....

Reactions: JWreck and Jman97

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As noted elsewhere you really scored both with the FP and the Jaguar dealership service department.

Inquiring minds are of course dying to know ballpark what you paid....
The original MSRP new was $65,600 back in July 2016. I purchased in December 2016 with just under 4k miles for $55,000

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
The original MSRP new was $65,600 back in July 2016. I purchased in December 2016 with just under 4k miles for $55,000
That's great, congratulations.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts