Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just prompted to download new app in Apple Store. It downloaded as a separate app and didn’t update existing app so can run both side by side. Not sure if that is intentional.

Changes I noticed:
  • New app has a new more modern interface.
  • You can now use FaceID instead of PIN to run remote commands. Makes it a lot quicker.
  • Can see miles left till next service
  • Haven’t seen an equivalent vehicle health report page

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Yes I got this the other day and have been using it for about 3 days and it works well, uses FaceID, which helps with the steps when remote starting the car, Yes the interface is a fresh one, but I'm not liking the reporting on Journeys since you don't see the MPG immediately unless you have the fonts relatively small on your phone or perhaps have a MAX which I do not have.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Where have you guys been? Version 2 of the remote app has been out at least 2 years.
The original version 1.0 has still been working, but is being shut down shortly.
Face ID was the big improvement for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where have you guys been? Version 2 of the remote app has been out at least 2 years.
The original version 1.0 has still been working, but is being shut down shortly.
Face ID was the big improvement for me.
Lol. Didn’t realise there were two separate apps, when I first bought the F-pace I just did a search for Jaguar in App Store and downloaded the first one I saw.
Do they have an Apple watch app for version 2 do you know?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I’m an old school watch guy so I’ve never checked.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m told they are removing support for the old app and it will stop working in July.

I hope they add Apple Watch support to the new one before discontinuing the old one. That was the only reason I had the old one installed.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Skyking,

It's the first time I got an notice that there was a new app and Jag was suggesting an upgrade. I remember reading your post about it a while ago and I didn't go to it then since it was new and Jags success with newer software is not great. I figured let every one else beta test for a while and to be honest I forgot about it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Skyking,

It's the first time I got an notice that there was a new app and Jag was suggesting an upgrade. I remember reading your post about it a while ago and I didn't go to it then since it was new and Jags success with newer software is not great. I figured let every one else beta test for a while and to be honest I forgot about it.
If I remember correctly, you had to go into the App Store and manually download the version 2 app. There was no prompt from the version 1 app to do so.
The fact that they're doing away with version 1 is why people are being notified now, I would think.
As I've mentioned previously, I've never had good luck with the remote app until recently.
Whatever changes have been made behind the scenes with the loss of 3G have fixed my 5 years of issues with the app. Works perfectly now. Hope I haven't jinxed myself.;)

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
If I remember correctly, you had to go into the App Store and manually download the version 2 app. There was no prompt from the version 1 app to do so.
The fact that they're doing away with version 1 is why people are being notified now, I would think.
As I've mentioned previously, I've never had good luck with the remote app until recently.
Whatever changes have been made behind the scenes with the loss of 3G have fixed my 5 years of issues with the app. Works perfectly now. Hope I haven't jinxed myself.;)
I've also had really good success with the older app until I changed. The new app also has been really good. I had issues with my 2017 which were eventually sorted 6 months before I traded it for the 2019 SVR. That car was flawless across the board with ICTP and the app until I totaled it. The 21 which was ordered well before I totaled the 2019, was a little bumpy with PiviPro up front, but most everything is sorted now. the remote app, older version, worked perfectly with that car until just the last month when I got the message that Jag was looking for me to switch. All has been good since moving to the new app though. I hope it continues.

Reactions: skyking

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Version 2.11.0 came out yesterday for IOS.

(New) Vehicle Lock Reminder
(New) Remove a vehicle from the Remote app
(New) Delete Account
(Fixes) General stability improvements & Bug fixes

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Version 2.11.0 came out yesterday for IOS.

(New) Vehicle Lock Reminder
(New) Remove a vehicle from the Remote app
(New) Delete Account
(Fixes) General stability improvements & Bug fixes
As an FYI, after updating to this, my vehicle still shows it is out actively driving and will not update, even though it is home in the garage. So far looks like previous version is better….

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
As an FYI, after updating to this, my vehicle still shows it is out actively driving and will not update, even though it is home in the garage. So far looks like previous version is better….
Sometimes, the app is slow to communicate with the servers. I occasionally have to fully close the app a few times to get the "contacted just now" message. As a last resort, lock and unlock the doors with the fob or manually.
That's the key to success. Once I see "contacted just now", the app works great.
If it says, "contacted 3 hours ago", all bets are off.

Reactions: stbentoak

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Sometimes, the app is slow to communicate with the servers. I occasionally have to fully close the app a few times to get the "contacted just now" message. As a last resort, lock and unlock the doors with the fob or manually.
That's the key to success. Once I see "contacted just now", the app works great.
If it says, "contacted 3 hours ago", all bets are off.
have you ever had a situation where in journeys the vehicle originates from 2 separate locations but never completes the loop going and coming? I had that last week, where it started from home and came home 3 hours later complete and logical. but in the middle, it started from another location and only made a one-way trip in the middle to another location, and this trip was not relative to the going and coming home trip? Weird...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
have you ever had a situation where in journeys the vehicle originates from 2 separate locations but never completes the loop going and coming? I had that last week, where it started from home and came home 3 hours later complete and logical. but in the middle, it started from another location and only made a one-way trip in the middle to another location, and this trip was not relative to the going and coming home trip? Weird...
Awhile back, my journeys would occasionally end up in the middle of the ocean. Nothing surprises me with JLR and technology.
World Map Organism Font Screenshot

• Wow
Reactions: NJSVR

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Awhile back, my journeys would occasionally end up in the middle of the ocean. Nothing surprises me with JLR and technology. View attachment 74740
It appears my vehicle is now “stuck” in driving mode. We’ve locked and unlocked, taken other trips, etc, and still in driving mode when parked in the garage…have no clue what could be wrong….

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Stbentoak,

If I remember right, power up the car, press and hold the overhead "optimized assistance" button (left button with the wrench symbol). It will blink. Continue to press until it starts to blink faster. Release the button and wait for it to stop blinking. I think you can then try the car again via the app and see if the status changes.

Reactions: stbentoak
1 - 16 of 16 Posts