Discussion Starter #1
New update showed up today S20B
I’ll look for the release notes

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Yes, I got it and installed it. So far, the only issue I see is it doesn't always update the next song when using CarPlay on the center screen of the dash. This issue existed though with the previous update as well.

·
F Pace Expert
2,545 Posts
hmmmmm....interesting

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine got S20B'd today . . . no issues and nothing new to discover.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks like everyone that is saying they got the update has a 2019. Guess JLR is sending them out to the 19's right now? Anyone with something other than a 19 get it via SOTA?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have a 2018 and I just looked last night....Lo and Behold it said 20B.....

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
2 Posts
Looks like here are the release notes from: InControl Touch Pro – OVALNEWS.com – Always fanatical; Occasionally interesting Land Rover & Range Rover News

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION:
S20B_20.27.3-568398, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BB (G2723118)
INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 20B
Software Release Date: 2020-07-15
NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE
CLIMATE (NEW EVOQUE AND DISCOVERY SPORT ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)
Low-line entertainment system will now support ‘Pre-condition Now’ soft key
SIDE PANEL (CHINA VEHICLES ONLY)
The text in the Side panel will now display in all languages
TIMED CHARGING (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)
‘Timed Charging’ is now called ‘Preferred Charging Period’
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
ALL ROAD INFORMATION
Torque Information sometimes not displaying has been fixed
RADIO (CHINA VEHICLES ONLY)
FM Radio will no longer stick at 99.0
APPLE CARPLAY
When a call is transferred from Bluetooth® to Apple CarPlay the audio will no longer sometimes drop out.
USB devices will no longer automatically connect as CarPlay when the user has set it up to ask first.
AUDIO
Popping noise will no longer sometimes be heard on all sources
BLUETOOTH® AUDIO
Phones using iOS13 can now browse through music folder when connected by Bluetooth® Audio
CONNECTED DEVICES
iPod will no longer be displayed as a source after the iPhone™ has been disconnected
CLIMATE
Improved stability of climate controls through the rear seat entertainment system
While navigating from Rear Climate to Front Climate, the header will no longer be seen as Rear Climate instead of Front Climate
InControl© Touch Pro Duo systems only, AUTO Button will no longer be inhibited on the lower touchscreen when in MAX air conditioning
MEDIA PLAYER
Improved stability of Media player
‘Device does not contain any playable media’ message is no longer sometimes shown for a USB source even though playable media is there.
Play/pause softkey will show Play when a song is playing in the “Now playing Screen” after the restart of the vehicle.
NAVIGATION
Improved stability of Navigation System
SEATS
Improved stability of Automatic massage feature
Improved stability of Massage controls
SYSTEM
General system stability improvements
THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE
RELEASE.

I have an 2017 S that has it's IMC replaced a month ago because the car didn't know where it was (bought it as CPO 2 months ago)...
No update so far with the new IMC, still on 19C. Old one was on 19B and found the 20B upgrade before it was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Are you feeling the love again? :)
Well yes...!
I think the reason it may have latched on to 20 B is the dealer did some ICTP updates to my controller on it’s last visit about three weeks ago, pre-the 7-15 release date. It doesn’t say on the work order what exactly that Was updated but I think those updates potentially allowed my system to look for and receive the latest release regardless of model year....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well yes...!
I think the reason it may have latched on to 20 B is the dealer did some ICTP updates to my controller on it’s last visit about three weeks ago, pre-the 7-15 release date. It doesn’t say on the work order what exactly that Was updated but I think those updates potentially allowed my system to look for and receive the latest release regardless of model year....
Did the dealer do the 20B update or did you get it SOTA?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Did the dealer do the 20B update or did you get it SOTA?
I believe, but not sure it WAS OTA as Mine was at the dealer Pre 7-15 release of 20B. Unless they had early access to it. I don't know and my dealer paperwork didn't say what exactly was updated...
I've noticed no real differences any way so not sure of the benefits yet...

·
Registered
4 Posts
MY17 has been updated to 20B it was done at dealers while being serviced, so far cant see any difference.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
2 Posts
I talked to my SA regarding pushing the 20B update via SOTA to my '17 running 19C, he said that the update is too big for a over the air (not sure if that's true or not). Set up my appointment for Aug. 21 to get the update performed at the dealership.

I hope that it will at least fix some of the CarPlay USB connection issues and CarPlay start up issues that I'm having, i.e. everything works great when I first get into the car, but when I for example unplug my phone and leave the car for a short period of time (like to go into a store), then come back, start the car, plug phone back in, it often doesn't recognize the phone, or USB port not working, or it takes 3-5 minutes for CarPlay to come up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts