Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

New to the site

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Veteran 
#1 ·
Hi all. I currently own a 2017 2.0 diesel Range Rover Evoque HSE Lux with 14k on the clock. I’m considering buying a 2019 2.0 petrol F-Pace Sport with 5k miles on the clock. Do you owners think this would be a good idea?

#2 ·
Firstly, welcome to the forum. I have a 2019 F-Pace S but it is a 3.0L so I am guessing that you are located somewhere other than the U.S. Having said that I have passed 10,000 miles in mine and still have an enormous grin on my face every time I see it. I have nothing more than minor gripes about the vehicle and one with 5k miles on the clock is barely run in so you are pretty much getting a new vehicle. Personally I wholeheartedly recommend your buying one. The 2019 vehicles are vastly better built than many of the initial year and hopefully has had updated software if you are looking at a Jaguar dealership.

#7 ·
Hopefully someone else will chime in on the reliability of the 2019 models but I, for one, have not experienced any issues with reliability on mine. As for the warranty, in the UK it is a 3 year manufacturer's warranty that can be extended so whatever the one that you are being offered is, it is not likely from Jaguar if it is one year and may be some additional coverage offered by the dealer on used vehicles.

#9 ·
Veteran

I have a 2019 F-Pace but it's an SVR. Some of the group here would say that it is completely different since it was assembled in a different plant, but I feel while there are differences, mainly the engine, more things are the same than not. I also owned a 2017 F-Pace First Edition S before the SVR. I can say that the 2019 is leaps and bounds better than the 2017. I love the F-Pace, it's a perfect vehicle for me as it handles like a dream but is still an SUV.

The things that are quite different with the 2019 is the quality of the fit and finish. This could be the fact that it's an SVR, but things are just put together much better. Body panels align perfectly, squaks and rattles are non-existent for the most part (other than small one from the sunroof). With the 2017, I had a lot of issues with ICTP and the electronics. On the 2019, you can clearly see that Jag did a lot of work to fix things there as ICTP is rock solid, with even the software updates are working now.

I've driven an Evoque a few times as a loaner and while it is a great vehicle and I almost bought one myself when I was initially considering the F-Pace, it is much smaller, and also slower and handles worse than the F-Pace. Keep in mind I'm comparing it to a V6 and now a V8 F-Pace so that may not be fair, but I also drove the 4Cyclinger F-pace several times as a loaner and I liked that more than the Evoque.

I think you'd be very happy with the F-Pace. I have been for the last 4 years.

Reactions: VZX-CO
#10 ·
FWIW , there are actually some of us early 2017 F-PACE owners (S model) , that absolutely LOVE our F-PACE , and ours had almost 48K-miles on it , so it indeed got driven plenty !!! The F-PACE is our 1st Jag , and it has given us a WONDERFUL , VERY RELIABLE , and Virtually FLAWLESS vehicle ownership experience !!!???

#11 ·
It probably didn't read through from my saying that the 2019 is much better than the 2017, but remember I bought another Jaguar. I was very happy with my 2017, even though I had a few issues that had to be cared for by the dealership. The 2017 met everything I was looking for in a sporty SUV. It was an awesome car even though I had some ICTP and electronics issues and an issue with my front differential. For the 46k miles I owned it I loved driving it every minute.

The 2019 SVR just takes it to another level. So please don't think I was dissing my 2017. I love that car for every mile of the 46k I put on it and to be honest that is why I ended up with another one!

#12 ·
It probably didn't read through from my saying that the 2019 is much better than the 2017, but remember I bought another Jaguar. I was very happy with my 2017, even though I had a few issues that had to be cared for by the dealership. The 2017 met everything I was looking for in a sporty SUV. It was an awesome car even though I had some ICTP and electronics issues and an issue with my front differential. For the 46k miles I owned it I loved driving it every minute.

The 2019 SVR just takes it to another level. So please don't think I was dissing my 2017. I love that car for every mile of the 46k I put on it and to be honest that is why I ended up with another one!

What you're describing though is exactly why, IMO, it's a terrible idea to own one of these out of warranty. The minor issues you experienced would not be so minor if they were not covered under warranty and you had to pay out of pocket.

I've had a bunch of 'minor issues' with mine, particularly around ICTP. Ok, fine, it's just the digital stuff, but the price tag for the repairs (it's still broken) are already over 20k. It's not out of my pocket, so fair enough, but who wants to take that kind of chance, regardless of how special the driving experience is?

Objectively, the likeliehood of these cars needing expensive repairs of some kind is above my tolerance level by a mile. YMMV, of course, but it's something that someone should absolutely consider before pulling the trigger on one of these cars.

#14 ·
I have 2018 with the V6. I would agree that at 2 years I'm still excited to drive it and would still pick it of any comprable SUV on the market (would pick a V8 though).
Its had a few minor issues
I am extremely fussy and the only thing that I have any real issue with is the fit and finsh, specifically some of the noises in the sunroof. My wife and others who have driven dont even notice.
Otherwise I would highly recommend to anyone. It is an awesome vehicle!

#15 ·
Thanks all for your input. I’m still undecided but I think I may go for it. The Portfolio seems to have nearly as many toys as my Evoque lux & no DPF problems. Still got nearly 3 years warranty (June reg). Going to take my 20” wheels off to put on it with the Pirelli Verde all seasons, I hate the Continentals on the 19” fitted as standard.

#20 ·
Nothing wrong with the V6. I think you could be happier and as long as you keep your foot out of it (good luck with that however), the mileage will be pretty good, but not as good as the 4Cycl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.