Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am now the proud owner of a perfect 2017 British Racing Green F-Pace S - with every imaginable bell and whistle on it. So far it's a dream come true. It's so damn fast I can barely believe it. I am still figuring out the instruments and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome, another BRG F Pace S. There are lots of discussion about ICTP , tires, SOTA ,etc in this forum.

Reactions: flypaperboy

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Welcome to F-Pace ownership and the Forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes! I do have a question - the other day I think I turned on the frictionless start setting? Not sure how that all works - not even sure if it's on anymore but I did notice this light on the dash - i don't think it was there before but I might be wrong. Can anyone identify it? How would one turn it on and off?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
That is the Forward Alert light indicating that the Forward Alert radar system is active. This is part of the driver assist package.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok awesome. That sounds like it should be on then. Cheers!

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Welcome to the group, feel free to ask away with the questions

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I did notice this light on the dash - i don't think it was there before but I might be wrong. Can anyone identify it?
As Gorgon said, your Forward Alert system is active. You always want it on.
the other day I think I turned on the frictionless start setting?
What the heck is that?

·
F Pace Expert
2,531 Posts
I've found frictionless start useful in two use cases:
1) icy/snowy or otherwise very slippery conditions
2) going up very steep gravel/dirt roads on hills, just practiced with it the other day

Suggest a thorough read through of the manual, very helpful in getting a first pass of familiarity with vehicle features.

Congratulations on joining the BRG club, everyone knows BRG F-Pace's much faster than other colors ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've found frictionless start useful in two use cases:
1) icy/snowy or otherwise very slippery conditions
2) going up very steep gravel/dirt roads on hills, just practiced with it the other day

Suggest a thorough read through of the manual, very helpful in getting a first pass of familiarity with vehicle features.

Congratulations on joining the BRG club, everyone knows BRG F-Pace's much faster than other colors ;)
Good advice. I need to find the time to do that. It is MASSIVE but very informative. And yes I think you're right BRG is faster especially when it's cleaned and waxed :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Suggest you start here for an easier manual read. Select Digital Handbooks and then select your model/year. It's an easier way to select and read up on specific features.

With regards to Low Friction Launch, I haven't played with this at all given that Philly really doesn't get much snow. In a low friction scenario the first thing that comes to mind is All Surface Progress Control, not sure how the two compare.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
There is rain ice snow mode and there is Low Friction Mode

The rain ice snow driving mode helps to enhance the vehicle's stability in low grip conditions.

The selection of the rain ice snow driving mode is recommended when driving in adverse weather conditions. For example, in icy or rainy conditions and on surfaces such as grass, gravel, or snow.

The rain ice snow driving mode helps the vehicle to perform in a gentle and controlled manner, helping to avoid skidding and improve progress in adverse conditions.

where as

Low friction launch helps to further enhance low speed manoeuvring and pulling away from a standstill, in adverse conditions. Low frictionlaunch is an extra feature that is enabled, or disabled, via the Touch screen.

you can enable both for more control

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I understand that Rain/Ice/Snow mode or Adaptive Surface Response are adverse weather modes, didn't need a definition of these modes. I'm trying to understand how Low Friction Launch compares to All Surface Progress Control. They seem to address similar situations and provide similar capability with the exception that All Surface Progress Control supports Hill Decent mode.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Okay.
“frictionless start” vs. Low Friction Launch.
I thought it was a reference to some low energy starter function.😀
Didn’t see the correlation.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
I understand that Rain/Ice/Snow mode or Adaptive Surface Response are adverse weather modes, didn't need a definition of these modes. I'm trying to understand how Low Friction Launch compares to All Surface Progress Control. They seem to address similar situations and provide similar capability with the exception that All Surface Progress Control supports Hill Decent mode.
I’m not really understanding your question... Low friction launch is part of the ASI suite, You have to go in to the ASI program on your screen and select that option . So it’s not a standalone feature.

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You all are INCREDIBLY helpful and I appreciate it. Do you know how I would know the Low Friction Launch is on or not? Is there an indicator? I've read that it's turned off in ECO mode but can't tell for sure if it's on in "NORMAL".

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You would know in the ASI screen where LFL is activated. There's a large Activate button which toggles to a Deactivate button. I don't think there's a separate indicator on the instrument panel.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts

Well to satisfy my curiosity I checked.

Here is the icon when the low friction lainch is activated. On my 2019 it shows up the tech on the right side.

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Did the same thing on my 2017. On our instrument panel it shows up on the left side along with the note in the dial of the instrument panel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.