Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 S in Eiger Grey
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been following this forum for the last couple of years and am so thankful to have read everyone's experiences (good and bad). I was originally looking at the SVR but in doing more research found that the S was definitely enough power for me. I think the most difficult part was convincing my husband that this car is not as problematic as he thought it would be. Obviously if anything does happen, that's what the warranty is for...

All that being said, I'm so happy to be the proud owner of a 2020 F-Pace S in Eiger Grey. I purchased from a local dealer almost 3 weeks ago and other than a couple of little quirky issues (that were solved by reading other's comments that had the same issues), I am an extremely happy girl!! Was looking at a Fuji white model but happy the dealer wasn't budging on his price because I went to another dealer that had the same options with this Eiger Grey color and got a much better deal. I fell in love with the way this color seems to change throughout the day. I am currently working from home so I'm not on the road like I really want to be but am looking forward to a long drive when things calm down a little bit.

Thanks again for everyone sharing their experiences and look forward to enjoying this vehicle for a long time. If you are ever driving around Southern California, please wave! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 S in Eiger Grey
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! The colors seem to really stand out a lot in this picture. I’m extremely happy I chose this color. :)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,317 Posts
Welcome to the group

DP

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been following this forum for the last couple of years and am so thankful to have read everyone's experiences (good and bad). I was originally looking at the SVR but in doing more research found that the S was definitely enough power for me. I think the most difficult part was convincing my husband that this car is not as problematic as he thought it would be. Obviously if anything does happen, that's what the warranty is for...

All that being said, I'm so happy to be the proud owner of a 2020 F-Pace S in Eiger Grey. I purchased from a local dealer almost 3 weeks ago and other than a couple of little quirky issues (that were solved by reading other's comments that had the same issues), I am an extremely happy girl!! Was looking at a Fuji white model but happy the dealer wasn't budging on his price because I went to another dealer that had the same options with this Eiger Grey color and got a much better deal. I fell in love with the way this color seems to change throughout the day. I am currently working from home so I'm not on the road like I really want to be but am looking forward to a long drive when things calm down a little bit.

Thanks again for everyone sharing their experiences and look forward to enjoying this vehicle for a long time. If you are ever driving around Southern California, please wave! ;)
Welcome from Virginia!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Welcome TMoreno. Great color pics, your F-Pace looks awesome.

·
Registered
2020 S in Eiger Grey
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome TMoreno. Great color pics, your F-Pace looks awesome.

Thanks so much! Your SVR is gorgeous!! Love the blue!

On mine, I would like to make the back emblems black at some point but won't be upset if that doesn't happen.
Taking her in this afternoon to get tinted and have the front windows match the back and a slight tint for the top.
Other than that, couldn't be happier with the car and love this group!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I did the black emblems on my 2017 F-Pace First Edition S. My boys helped me as they had a lot of experience working with rattle can spray dip. So we simply taped off squares around the emblems and then sprayed them with semi gloss black spray dip, let it dry and then peeled the square off the Caeisum Blue and from inside the letters. It worked great, simple to do, and quick as well. You can also simply peel off the dip from the emblems if you want to go back to chrome at some point. It held up fine for the 3 years I owned the 2017 before getting the SVR. I haven't done it to the SVR since i have those big Chrome exhaust tips. I think the emblems look good on the SVR in chrome due to that.

·
Registered
2020 S in Eiger Grey
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did the black emblems on my 2017 F-Pace First Edition S. My boys helped me as they had a lot of experience working with rattle can spray dip. So we simply taped off squares around the emblems and then sprayed them with semi gloss black spray dip, let it dry and then peeled the square off the Caeisum Blue and from inside the letters. It worked great, simple to do, and quick as well. You can also simply peel off the dip from the emblems if you want to go back to chrome at some point. It held up fine for the 3 years I owned the 2017 before getting the SVR. I haven't done it to the SVR since i have those big Chrome exhaust tips. I think the emblems look good on the SVR in chrome due to that.
Thanks for the tip! If I make them black, I don't think I'd want to go back to chrome but you never know. My husband did a plastidip over his letters on his TRD 4Runner but he was annoyed that he kept having to retouch them...he's a perfectionist and didn't like any area to be chipping or peeling no matter how small. haha. He ended up buying covers to put over the letters. I'd rather just have mine professionally painted and then I can't get mad at myself if I mess up. For your SVR, I agree on the chrome letters. They look amazing and it does bring out the gleam in the quad exhaust. Pure purrrrfection!! 😺

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Part of the work in prepping is cleaning and removing all of the water or wax that accumulates around those letters/numbers. It takes a bit of time but if done right and you use good qualityplasti-dip, you shouldn't have chipping or wear unless someone hits it hard with something. I cleaned my with an alcohol based cleaner with qtips, after washing them and blowing them dry with a blow dryer. Quick clean with the qtip alcohol combination, a little more blow drying with the blow dryer and then paint away.

If you want them done professionally, I get it. It will be better, but perhaps expensive.

·
Registered
2020 S in Eiger Grey
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Good point about the cost. Maybe I will try to do it myself. We already have the product and even though I'm working from home, I have PLENTY of time!! Thanks for the step by step details. I'll post pics if I get motivated this weekend. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts