Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Just picked up a used 2020 F Pace S last week. Traded in my 2015 Focus ST for it, as we picked up the car to be a future family car. I'm still getting used to driving larger vehicles again, coming from a Mustang GT (garaged, awaiting coyote swap), Focus ST (sold for F Pace Funds) and WRX (our daily). In Las Vegas area, so if you see a silver F Pace S driving like a grandpa on the turns, that's me 馃槄.

Definitely miss that low to the floor feeling and rowing through my gears, but not so disappointed in the deal we got on the F Pace. I haven't had time to take pictures yet, but will definitely post some up once later.

Registered
Congrats Jrav, on your new F-Pace and the benefits a 3 car garage brings you. Nice to have those other cars to drive. For me the F-Pace is my daily driver and I push it pretty hard in the turns, it's not a wimpy corner fighter either. Enjoy.

Reactions: JRAV

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats Jrav, on your new F-Pace and the benefits a 3 car garage brings you. Nice to have those other cars to drive. For me the F-Pace is my daily driver and I push it pretty hard in the turns, it's not a wimpy corner fighter either. Enjoy.
Yea i just have to get used to driving something larger than a car again. Back when I learned to drive it was only suvs/trucks, but I switched to cars that really made me used to no body roll whatsoever. I still haven't tried S mode, and am eager to use with the paddle shifters because I never thought I'd jump into an automatic vehicle.

Are there any quirks I should be aware of on the F Pace?

Registered
JRAV,

With the SVR there aren't many quirks to get used do other than throwing 4300 lbs around which is different from managing a car. By S mode do you man the trans or the suspension's Dynamic setting. Dynamic will make things quite different for handling and it's worth it to leverage that setting if you can. What I've found from the SVR, mostly my 2019 since I haven't pushed the 2021 too much yet since I'm still below 2k miles is it is heavy but you need to trust the suspension and it will handle more corner speed than you think. However, when the tires start to howl peel it back a bit. Of course howling is a characteristic of the tires you have and wider lower profile tires will help with handling but not enough to move to them if you don't have them. Just keep in mind a thinner bigger sidewall tire will give up faster than a lower profile wider tire. The F-Pace is a pretty balanced vehicle though.

Reactions: JRAV

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JRAV,

With the SVR there aren't many quirks to get used do other than throwing 4300 lbs around which is different from managing a car. By S mode do you man the trans or the suspension's Dynamic setting. Dynamic will make things quite different for handling and it's worth it to leverage that setting if you can. What I've found from the SVR, mostly my 2019 since I haven't pushed the 2021 too much yet since I'm still below 2k miles is it is heavy but you need to trust the suspension and it will handle more corner speed than you think. However, when the tires start to howl peel it back a bit. Of course howling is a characteristic of the tires you have and wider lower profile tires will help with handling but not enough to move to them if you don't have them. Just keep in mind a thinner bigger sidewall tire will give up faster than a lower profile wider tire. The F-Pace is a pretty balanced vehicle though.
S mode on the Trans. I haven't driven in that mode yet.
As far as dynamic, I need more time in the car to test out if i can tell the difference when switching into dynamic mode. I think earlier on I couldn't tell anything because the settings from the prior owner were still on, and they set it to comfort setting for everything on dynamic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts