Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar F-Pace SVR | Black w/Black & Red Interior | 22" 5 Split Wheels | Ceramic & XPel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Black with Black & Red interior

Got the full ceramic paint treatment and full front-end clearbra

Coming from a nice JGC SRT, this is different ride height so taking some getting use to but every time I hit the gas pedal it gets easier :) Love the sound! Love the handling!

Same brake dust issue I had with the Jeep until I swapped out the pads for Ceramic. The Jeep was white and this is my first black car, definetly requires more cleaning but worth it.

Taking any advise from other SVR owners.....

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Enjoy your new ride and welcome the the Jaguar and SVR Club! It's a fun experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the SVR team. I also have the 2020. It's just a fun, comfortable, ride. I smile every time I goose it. And I enjoy and frequently look forward to my long drives.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Coming from a nice JGC SRT, this is different ride height so taking some getting use to but every time I hit the gas pedal it gets easier :) Love the sound! Love the handling!

Same brake dust issue I had with the Jeep until I swapped out the pads for Ceramic. The Jeep was white and this is my first black car, definetly requires more cleaning but worth it.

Hi, I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the differences between the SRT and the SRV. Ride quality, overall experience etc. Thank you

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar F-Pace SVR | Black w/Black & Red Interior | 22" 5 Split Wheels | Ceramic & XPel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi, I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the differences between the SRT and the SRV. Ride quality, overall experience etc. Thank you
So I had the SRT for 4 1/2 years and it was mostly a solid vehicle. I loved the famous 6.4 HEMI, the sound of the engine was great, (it rumbles with a lower tone than the SVR, but prefer the SVR's sound), which would always compensate for any other shortcomings I experienced with the truck. Ride, handling and overall quality was pretty good but not on par with the SVR. It's just a step or two below in quality and feel. Jeep service is definitely not what you get from JLR (btw: my wife has a 2017 Landrover Discovery so I have had some experience with JLR service). Surprisingly, while the SVR is slightly shorter and lower it feels like it has about the same room as the SRT and in some ways it feels bigger inside probably due to the slimmer seats and door panels. Also, oddly my golf clubs fit easier in the back of the SVR than the JGC also, again I think the SVR just makes better use of it's space and layout. Needless to say I am very happy with the SVR with the exception that I can't seem to be able to find Ceramic Brake pads for it!

Here is my detailed breakdown of both vehicles:

Grand Cherokee SRTJaguar F-Pace SVR
Ride Quality78.5
Handling7.59
Engine Sound8.59.5
Transmission79.5
Usable Power89
Infotainment System & Gauges8.58
Service89
Comfort (Seats)89
Overall Value (Cost vs. Features)8.58
Overall Quality7.58.5

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I had the SRT for 4 1/2 years and it was mostly a solid vehicle. I loved the famous 6.4 HEMI, the sound of the engine was great, (it rumbles with a lower tone than the SVR, but prefer the SVR's sound), which would always compensate for any other shortcomings I experienced with the truck. Ride, handling and overall quality was pretty good but not on par with the SVR. It's just a step or two below in quality and feel. Jeep service is definitely not what you get from JLR (btw: my wife has a 2017 Landrover Discovery so I have had some experience with JLR service). Surprisingly, while the SVR is slightly shorter and lower it feels like it has about the same room as the SRT and in some ways it feels bigger inside probably due to the slimmer seats and door panels. Also, oddly my golf clubs fit easier in the back of the SVR than the JGC also, again I think the SVR just makes better use of it's space and layout. Needless to say I am very happy with the SVR with the exception that I can't seem to be able to find Ceramic Brake pads for it!

Here is my detailed breakdown of both vehicles:

Grand Cherokee SRTJaguar F-Pace SVR
Ride Quality78.5
Handling7.59
Engine Sound8.59.5
Transmission79.5
Usable Power89
Infotainment System & Gauges8.58
Service89
Comfort (Seats)89
Overall Value (Cost vs. Features)8.58
Overall Quality7.58.5
Thanks for the review. A 2021 maybe in my future as soon as I can unload my 2019GLE 43

·
Registered
2 Posts

I was considering clear bra and ceramic paint as well. Questions:

1. I got quoted at $1700 for the bra through a private shop, or $1399 through the JLR dealer. On par with your pricing? This includes headlights and full hood
  2. Do you lose any of the luster on the hood with the clear bra? I was thinking I would just have it on the front end, and they recommended hood, but I'm curious how much this will take away from a lustrous waxed look.
  3. What did you pay for ceramic?
  4. Do you apply the ceramic under on the car before the clear bra?
Thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was considering clear bra and ceramic paint as well. Questions:

1. I got quoted at $1700 for the bra through a private shop, or $1399 through the JLR dealer. On par with your pricing? This includes headlights and full hood (This is kind of high just for ceramic IMO, I would also rather a reputable shop do it than the dealer)
  2. Do you lose any of the luster on the hood with the clear bra? I was thinking I would just have it on the front end, and they recommended hood, but I'm curious how much this will take away from a lustrous waxed look. (Nope, not at all)
  3. What did you pay for ceramic? (I always get a package deal so both bra and ceramic together)
  4. Do you apply the ceramic under on the car before the clear bra? (Don't think so, I think they paint correct, Clearbra then ceramic coating)
Thank you!
So I have gotten the Ceramic on my last 4 cars and it's been worth every penny especially when its time to sell them. Every person says that my car shows the best out the ones they are comparing them to. My cost is usually around $2,200 for full nose front bra and full car ceramic coating. I have them do the full nose (if you only do part of the front you end up with an unsightly line on the hood), the A-pillars, behind the door handles, mirrors and headlights. First they do a full paint correction on the car removing any paint swirls and imperfections, then ceramic goes over the entire car including taking off the wheels and coating the face and back of the wheel. If it's done right you can't even tell the clearbra is on the car and no it does not take away from the wax look it enhances it, see photo below. BTW: I am dipping the hood vents, side vents and emblems, I wanted them jet black not the off gold looking color they come in....

20210316_172457.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
First they do a full paint correction on the car removing any paint swirls and imperfections, then ceramic goes over the entire car including taking off the wheels and coating the face and back of the wheel
Very helpful info, so if I’m hearing you right they apply the paint protection film over a ceramic treated area.

Are you only doing paint correction because the car is used or sat on a lot? My car was ordered so I’m thinking I wouldn’t need that step. Thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Very helpful info, so if I’m hearing you right they apply the paint protection film over a ceramic treated area.

Are you only doing paint correction because the car is used or sat on a lot? My car was ordered so I’m thinking I wouldn’t need that step. Thoughts?
No, clearbra goes first then ceramic is applied, here is an article on the process: What Comes First? The Clear Bra or the Ceramic Paint Coating? — Clear Bra Ohio - Prevent - Protect - Preserve

Even a brand new car will need paint correction, even from the factory the paint and clear coat have imperfections, not as much as a used car but I have had it done on all my brand new cars. In fact that is usually the first place I take them :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks amazing, are you doing it your self or are you paying to get it done? Not sure if that picture is at a shop that does the coating or if you did it? Either way, looks crazy.
:)
Thanks! I had my shop do the clearbra and ceramic coating. I dipped the hood vents, it was very easy, no mess and they came out better than expected. I'll post pictures when I am done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks! I had my shop do the clearbra and ceramic coating. I dipped the hood vents, it was very easy, no mess and they came out better than expected. I'll post pictures when I am done.
IN!
I really want to see the dipped hood vents, if it's good I'll do mine too :oops:😁 Don't forget to post before and after pics

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Dipped SVR Hood Vents

Chrome Delete on SVR
Dipped Leaper and F-Pace
Scoffed Exhaust, Base Coat and Gloss Finish in High Temp Paint
Removed wheel locks and added Black lug covers

Everything came out very nice, very happy with it...

Attachments

Reactions: NeilM

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
27 Posts
Hey all! Also coming over from a JGC SRT! Just completed my deal last night and brought home a 21 eiger gray SVR. Will explore more today but wow what a piece of art this machine is!

Lookin forward to learning and sharing more with you all!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very Nice!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
20210327_141046.jpg

Reactions: NeilM and Gorgon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dipped SVR Hood Vents

Chrome Delete on SVR
Dipped Leaper and F-Pace
Scoffed Exhaust, Base Coat and Gloss Finish in High Temp Paint
Removed wheel locks and added Black lug covers

Everything came out very nice, very happy with it...
Nice!! Thanks for the pics, came out really nice! What about the lettering under the leaping Jag, "JAGUAR" - Did you black those out or remove it completely?
Which ones the "chrome delete on svr" am I overlooking it 😥?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually I decided to buy the black letters and leaping Jag, I'll add some pics

Reactions: CanadaCarParts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts