Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that JaguarSV made a new color, which is called Chalk blue, it is a really really really awsome color.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any idea why it hasn’t shown up yet on the configurator?
JaguarSV told me it just came out and it should available, but it is should, i am not sure when they will put it in configurator, my dealer told me it is still unavailable now, wish i can pick this color before my order confirmed.

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
137 Posts
Nice color, but probably not something I would buy. Looks very similar to a 2020, 50th Anniversary Range Rover. Hard to tell with website photos since the colors aren't always true.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I’d like their svo palette a lot more if they charged a reasonable price for it. 10% of the msrp (and that msrp already includes a regular color or two I think?) is not reasonable. What makes this palette so expensive to apply? I assume they use the same machinery, same parts/panels are getting sprayed, just a different mix of colors. It’s like going to Home Depot and getting charged $25 for a gallon of “light golden beige” or $250 for a gallon of “harvest wheat”

That said it does look good (as most colors probably do) and the pricing keeps it a unique color to spot on an already uncommon vehicle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’d like their svo palette a lot more if they charged a reasonable price for it. 10% of the msrp (and that msrp already includes a regular color or two I think?) is not reasonable. What makes this palette so expensive to apply? I assume they use the same machinery, same parts/panels are getting sprayed, just a different mix of colors. It’s like going to Home Depot and getting charged $25 for a gallon of “light golden beige” or $250 for a gallon of “harvest wheat”

That said it does look good (as most colors probably do) and the pricing keeps it a unique color to spot on an already uncommon vehicle.
I agree it’s quite ridiculous. I think the premium svo palette should be 2500 and maybe 5k for the “satin” finishes and rare colors like these. Even then that’s still a lot to pay for paint. It would be interesting to see if a high quality paint shop could match this color and how much cheaper they could do it for.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Not sure all the costs is paint. It appears that Jaguar's SVO palette paint process is not an inline autonomous process similar to standard color processes. Monitoring the build process of my 21 Atacama SVR, the vehicle was assembled and then returned to the SVO facility for SVO paint. Not quite sure what this entails, but Im guessing Jaguar is charging for the extra handling, the higher cost of the paint (considering lower volumes), and deviation from their standard processes.

Does all this add up to $4500, probably not, but it is the price of being different..... I guess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure all the costs is paint. It appears that Jaguar's SVO palette paint process is not an inline autonomous process similar to standard color processes. Monitoring the build process of my 21 Atacama SVR, the vehicle was assembled and then returned to the SVO facility for SVO paint. Not quite sure what this entails, but Im guessing Jaguar is charging for the extra handling, the higher cost of the paint (considering lower volumes), and deviation from their standard processes.

Does all this add up to $4500, probably not, but it is the price of being different..... I guess.
For this cost and more you should at least get a chunk of the website to brag and compare, oh wait, this: SV Premium Paint Palette | Jaguar USA

Your vehicle also gets paint correction using Chinagraph pencils and crosshatch knives....that ain't free. :) Seems like a whole higher level of paint applied at a "special" facility.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts