Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my name is Dan,

I am looking forward to being a part of this forum. I'm sure this is a invaluable place to gain all sorts of knowledge on my wife's new Storm Grey F-Pace S. When I first saw this car I was blown away with how good looking it was. It has such a perfect road presence. It has such a clean design with perfect lines. When I finally had the chance to hit the pavement I was extremely impressed with its linear power delivery and its agility through the twisties. Two things I would love improvements on are 1) the Entertainment System is a little finicky and 2) the brake feel. This thing stops on a dime and it seems the harder you drive the better the brakes are. However, casually driving I am still having some issues getting smooth deceleration with a consistent pedal feel. I also think it may be the engine braking throwing me forward but it is hard to tell. I may just need some time to learn about her a bit more.

Thanks for allowing me to part of the forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
That is the color S I am waiting for. Tell us about all the other options and interior color? Very nice!

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Welcome to the forum, she's a beauty. Sometimes I wish I had ordered that color. Enjoy the ride and the forum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same color as mine!!! Enjoy, it's an awesome car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome guys! I am not sure why my original photo showed up sideways, it wasn't when I had uploaded it. It doesn't look like I can go back to edit that either, sorry about that.

When I see my wife later I will get the sticker and list off the options for ya. I honestly don't even know the name of the interior color but I did take a couple of photos while she was being brought up to pace (pun) on the entertainment system. As much as I love this car/crossover/suv if it weren't for my wife I would have walked on the day of signing. The dealer threw in a last little money grab that was not discussed in the final number that had me pretty heated. It was the Nitrogen in the tires and etched windows for an additional $400-$500. They had no problem letting me walk either (because they knew they could sell the car to someone else the next day for more money). I did let them know that they turned what should have been an extremely exciting day for my wife and I into a day that left a real bitter taste in my mouth.

One of my good friends just purchased a white Fpace a week before and you wouldn't believe the crap he went through. Maybe I should save that story for a new thread!

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
It is the Brogue interior. I also see you have the ICT not the Pro....same for my order.

I am glad you shared that about Huntington Jaguar (I saw the plate frame). That is why I will be going 300 miles to Boston to pick up my FP. From day one I have liked working with their sales manager and he gave me a very fair price up front. PLUS, he is a baseball fan.....my sport. I may even try to get some more off by suggesting I could introduce him to the 1st base coach of the Red Sox.

I hope you got something off MSRP, so you could buy your wife some new jeans, without any large rips!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the Brogue interior. I also see you have the ICT not the Pro....same for my order.

I am glad you shared that about Huntington Jaguar (I saw the plate frame). That is why I will be going 300 miles to Boston to pick up my FP. From day one I have liked working with their sales manager and he gave me a very fair price up front. PLUS, he is a baseball fan.....my sport. I may even try to get some more off by suggesting I could introduce him to the 1st base coach of the Red Sox.

I hope you got something off MSRP, so you could buy your wife some new jeans, without any large rips!
Oh I couldn't buy anything from a Redsox fan! Hahah jk. Yes I was able to get money off MSRP (probably not enough to cover her taste in clothes) and I was happy with the deal that was in place... it was the last minute money grab they sneak in knowing most people just bend over and take it or don't even notice it. I guess I bent over so I shouldn't be talking haha. The S is very hard to find. My wife is from CT, and I couldn't even find one in the state. There were literally 4-5 on Long Island and this dealer had most of them.

Now you live in PA, and are buying in Boston. Do you have a dealer close to home in PA? I have found I don't get treated as kindly when I bring a car purchased out of state or even from another dealer into my local dealer. I do live on Long Island, and for the most part people around here suck.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Oh I couldn't buy anything from a Redsox fan! Hahah jk. Yes I was able to get money off MSRP (probably not enough to cover her taste in clothes) and I was happy with the deal that was in place... it was the last minute money grab they sneak in knowing most people just bend over and take it or don't even notice it. I guess I bent over so I shouldn't be talking haha. The S is very hard to find. My wife is from CT, and I couldn't even find one in the state. There were literally 4-5 on Long Island and this dealer had most of them.

Now you live in PA, and are buying in Boston. Do you have a dealer close to home in PA? I have found I don't get treated as kindly when I bring a car purchased out of state or even from another dealer into my local dealer. I do live on Long Island, and for the most part people around here suck.
Love the color choices! As for the last minute money grab, that would be sure to annoy me, I have three dealers in a 10 mile vicinity of each other so if they tried anything like that I would walk out and go 5 minutes down the road to another. Luckily, my buying experience was phenomenal. They threw in the protection package (I think a $400 extra) for free just because. If you contact JLRNA and tell them about your experience they might give you a coupon towards accessories or something. Anyway, welcome to the very exclusive F-pace club, you will now experience what it is like to get stared at on a daily basis, be given a thumbs up on a daily basis and people will come up and talk to you about it.. I hope your ready :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have 3-4 dealers within 30 miles of me. However, they did not want my business bad enough. The fact that I randomly emailed this dealer in Boston and he had ordered the EXACT configuration I desired blows my mind. Even down to the Ash Burl veneer, and Tow Package.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have 3-4 dealers within 30 miles of me. However, they did not want my business bad enough. The fact that I randomly emailed this dealer in Boston and he had ordered the EXACT configuration I desired blows my mind. Even down to the Ash Burl veneer, and Tow Package.
Did you visit JLR West Chester? I went to JLR mainline before them and I found the West Chester location to have far superior sales personnel, really went the extra mile for me anyway. Then again, I went back in August when demand was just starting to pick up for the F-pace so I think they wanted to get a sale done. Did you say you commute from Philly to Boston every day for work?

·
Registered
390 Posts
...The dealer threw in a last little money grab that was not discussed in the final number that had me pretty heated. It was the Nitrogen in the tires and etched windows for an additional $400-$500...
Notwithstanding the arguments around nitrogen fills, I'm sure the dealer isn't deflating the factory pre-inflated tires to re-fill with nitrogen. :mad: Just insist on a ~78% nitrogen custom blend :p. And don't darken their door with any future service. Service is where the money is in the long run for dealerships. Screwing buyers at purchase/delivery with this nonsense seems rather short-sighted.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Did you visit JLR West Chester? I went to JLR mainline before them and I found the West Chester location to have far superior sales personnel, really went the extra mile for me anyway. Then again, I went back in August when demand was just starting to pick up for the F-pace so I think they wanted to get a sale done. Did you say you commute from Philly to Boston every day for work?
LOL.....no I do not commute at all and certainly not to Boston. I will be going there solely to get my car when it arrives....and maybe make a short vacation out of it.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
LOL.....no I do not commute at all and certainly not to Boston. I will be going there solely to get my car when it arrives....and maybe make a short vacation out of it.
Wow. You must really want the Pace. :eek:
That is some distance for a car!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Stormin F-Pace, did you check out South Hampton Jaguar? That's where I got mine and I have been totally happy with the way the sale went as well as the service.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Notwithstanding the arguments around nitrogen fills, I'm sure the dealer isn't deflating the factory pre-inflated tires to re-fill with nitrogen. :mad: Just insist on a ~78% nitrogen custom blend :p. And don't darken their door with any future service. Service is where the money is in the long run for dealerships. Screwing buyers at purchase/delivery with this nonsense seems rather short-sighted.
That's the blend I have and no upcharge!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Here is my option list for those who were curious. I'm still trying to figure out what half of these things do.
Hello Stormin F-Pace ! The "Roof Rails will allow you or the next owner to add on a Rood Rack if you wish ! Supposedly it is much better to have the Rails already mounted on from the Factory ! I feel the Comfort & Convenience Package is a pretty good value , as the heated & Cooled Seats are nice , and the Hands Free Tailgate function is Very Nice to have , you just have to learn to just kick your foot straight in and out right behind either rear tire , and not just swipe your foot sideways ! So , I think you got a Good Set Up ! However , I think it is kinda interesting that your order sheet says *Carpathian Grey* , when I thought that was a New Color for 2018 ??? The one extra you might want to look into , is the Weather Tech Floor Mats ! There Floor Coverage is phenomenal compared to the factory mats , especially the drivers side ! There are some threads you can checkout on here to see some ! Just look up WT Mats or Weather Tech !
Other then that , WAY TO GO , *SWEET RIDE* !!! :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
The interesting thing I notice is that the order is for a 2017, but the color is Carpathian Grey, a 2018 Jaguar color. Why is that....?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the welcome guys. Ya this car was bought off the lot as is, so we didn't pick any of the options. Overall I am very impressed with the performance of this vehicle. The trend in a lot of vehicles is bold over the top styling...the f pace nailed it with beautiful simply stated body lines. The f pace flows from front to back perfectly. I am glad I have the roof racks, but I doubt I will ever put anything up there. I have a 6.7 F250 that does the dirty work haha. I really enjoy the reclinIng rear seats but doubt I'll ever get to use them. The car also came with rubber mats, I don't believe they offer the coverage of the weather tech but it's nice to have something for the grimy winters we get in NY. And I still need some practice with the automatic tailgate. I must look ridiculous swiping my leg under the car over and over.

Quick question, in my option list it says the car came with a front camera. Is that accessible on the nav screen like the rear camera is? Or is it just for parking proximity?

As far as carpathian grey, I was told by the dealer that it a Range Rover color name. And that the jaguar storm grey would be renamed carpathian grey. He assumed the build date of my car was right on the cusp of the change over. I generally don't believe a word any dealer says so take that with a grain of salt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts