Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a new update released today. It the version is S20B1_20.30.2-578440 it’s a 6MB update if you have the current S20B installed. This also updated my LIVE app and kept me logged in to LIVE.

DP

·
Registered
196 Posts
A little early to tell but is this supposed to fix the always logging out issue? I guess the logging out came about with 20A as I always have to log in after updating. I'm not on 20B. What version is your vehicle software below the infotainment software? Nobody ever mentions their software version...I'm currently at 18.2 I don't know how often that changes.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Interesting, my 2019 SVR is still on 20A. Says no Update available.

Did I miss some post earlier about the 20B update? Is that something that can't be done over the air?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, my 2019 SVR is still on 20A. Says no Update available.

Did I miss some post earlier about the 20B update? Is that something that can't be done over the air?
Yes, the S20B came out a short time ago, and then the S20B1 came out shortly after that, both SOTA updates, the updates address the logging out and Apple iPhone issue.
DP

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I still haven't seen either of them. Maybe they are releasing to a few to test the new 20B1 before mass releasing the update.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got it for my SVR a few days ago. Had to call SA to get it sent OTA

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
Grrr.... I checked and still nothing 20b or more on my vehicle. Still on 19B and "no update"

·
Registered
196 Posts
Grrr.... I checked and still nothing 20b or more on my vehicle. Still on 19B and "no update"
Make a phone call to your service advisor and ask them if they can push it to your car. When I ask my service manager to send it, within minutes it shows up on my screen waiting for me to download it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just got mine without calling anyone. I drove around a bit yesterday with no updates, got it as I was parking earlier this evening.
next drive will probably be Thursday but haven’t noticed anything different from the past few updates.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
Emailed my dealer and they enabled my vehicle for download.

Reactions: BobatStews

·
Registered
57 Posts
Texted my SA, he confirmed, next time I accessed the menu the update was there ready to be downloaded.

But I am noticing that I have only this Infotainment software listed here, there is no Vehicle software below it or a scroll down arrow on the left side as in the first post from DP. Is my car missing something?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Texted my SA, he confirmed, next time I accessed the menu the update was there ready to be downloaded.

But I am noticing that I have only this Infotainment software listed here, there is no Vehicle software below it or a scroll down arrow on the left side as in the first post from DP. Is my car missing something?

View attachment 72756
No my car doesn’t have that alos I picked my car up from service and that was one of things on my list. I was told it’s been updated, the qurey is not on show up on the screen.
DP

Reactions: JayTheDreamer

·
Registered
57 Posts
No my car doesn’t have that alos I picked my car up from service and that was one of things on my list. I was told it’s been updated, the qurey is not on show up on the screen.
DP
Thanks for confirming that DP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My dealer updated mine to 20A. 20B never showed up as an OTA update for me, but 20B1 showed up a couple of days ago and downloaded/installed without an issue.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
My vehicle updated to latest v yesterday. Dumb question: have we always been able to designate which screen to assign as home screen? I ran across that setting yesterday and first time I recall seeing it. Did it slip in somewhere along the way? Great setting and now I have to really work on my custom screen layout.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My vehicle updated to latest v yesterday. Dumb question: have we always been able to designate which screen to assign as home screen? I ran across that setting yesterday and first time I recall seeing it. Did it slip in somewhere along the way? Great setting and now I have to really work on my custom screen layout.
My ‘17 had the ability to make and choose a custom home screen prior to the CarPlay update, so it’s been there for at least a little while.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Has been there in our MY 2017 since day one, before any updates and still works the same for us.

You may remember some of the early "discussions" about ICT vs. ICTP, where some of us lauded the value of using large icons on personalized home-screens in answer to folks that seemed to think physical buttons were preferable. As was said at the time, TEH/HO.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
Has been there in our MY 2017 since day one, before any updates and still works the same for us.

You may remember some of the early "discussions" about ICT vs. ICTP, where some of us lauded the value of using large icons on personalized home-screens in answer to folks that seemed to think physical buttons were preferable. As was said at the time, TEH/HO.

Thanks all, learn something new about this vehicle frequently despite thinking I knew it all!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
After 19B, I’ve received no further SOTA updates. Went to dealer and confirmed that SOTA was definitely enabled in Topix, so no one could determine why no updates. Selected update in Topix to manually send to car and 20B1 was immediately available for download.
Don’t really see anything different from 19B, but the Web Browser, which became inoperative after 19B is working again. (never use it anyway).
Still curious why some vehicles need manual intervention when they’re set for automatic updates.

·
Registered
196 Posts
After 19B, I’ve received no further SOTA updates. Went to dealer and confirmed that SOTA was definitely enabled in Topix, so no one could determine why no updates. Selected update in Topix to manually send to car and 20B1 was immediately available for download.
Don’t really see anything different from 19B, but the Web Browser, which became inoperative after 19B is working again. (never use it anyway).
Still curious why some vehicles need manual intervention when they’re set for automatic updates.

I think that even though the vehicle is set for automatic updates, JLR sends it out to only limited vehicles at a time. One reason being just in case there is a bug, not every vehicle will be affected and also to prevent overwhelming the JLR servers that you connect to for the update. I don't think the JLR servers are top notch as have you ever noticed how long it takes to download the map updates? Very slow! As far as you being able to "check for updates" I'm thinking that is not sending out anything to JLR servers to check for an update but it is checking your individual ICTP to see if it received an update from JLR. Over the last half dozen updates that have been put out I did receive like 2 of them all on their own. The rest I received from a phone call to my SA requesting that it be sent to my vehicle. I'm sure they are taking it very slow at JLR as this whole ICTP system has been a real thorn in their side since it came out. Finally they are seeming to tame the beast as it doesn't look like they are having as many issues as they did in the past!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts