Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from NJ. I've been lurking for a while and learned a whole lot. Thanks. But now my shiny new Odyssey Red Diesel is braving the stormy North Atlantic. So I figured I'd actually join!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Greetings from NJ. I've been lurking for a while and learned a whole lot. Thanks. But now my shiny new Odyssey Red Diesel is braving the stormy North Atlantic. So I figured I'd actually join!
Welcome and congratulations. Good to see another OR fan in the group. It appears that OR is gone for the 2018 MY.
We of course will need all the specs and photos when it arrives :)
Where are you located in Jersey?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome and congratulations. Good to see another OR fan in the group. It appears that OR is gone for the 2018 MY.
We of course will need all the specs and photos when it arrives :)
Where are you located in Jersey?
Thanks MTHM, it's good to finally actually be on here.

I'm in Morris County: about 90 miles from Macungie. I was not aware they were dropping OR. Too bad though, its a very nice color. I guess that just puts us in a very exclusive, soon to be closed club. I see you also got a diesel. How has it handled cold morning starts?

I will add pictures when it gets here. Right now its on the Tamesis, which is scheduled to dock in Baltimore at 1AM Sunday.

·
Registered
258 Posts

I'm in Morris County: about 90 miles from Macungie. I was not aware they were dropping OR. Too bad though, its a very nice color. I guess that just puts us in a very exclusive, soon to be closed club. I see you also got a diesel. How has it handled cold morning starts?

I will add pictures when it gets here. Right now its on the Tamesis, which is scheduled to dock in Baltimore at 1AM Sunday.
Mine is on the TAMESIS also. That 1am time is UTC time so it actually gets in 8pm your time on Saturday night but who is checking...LOL!!!!

Reactions: sg92

·
Registered
522 Posts
I know this has been discussed a lot when people were waiting for their cars, but how exactly does one track their vehicle. I would assume I first need to get the VIN, when it is built....then what?

·
Super Moderator
1,896 Posts
I know this has been discussed a lot when people were waiting for their cars, but how exactly does one track their vehicle. I would assume I first need to get the VIN, when it is built....then what?
Please read through this thread.

Shipping and Tracking

In the upper right corner of this page see the Google search box. Enter any phrase and it will search the forum.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

I see you also got a diesel. How has it handled cold morning starts?
I decided after I took delivery, that I would keep my FP in a friend's garage until the winter is over (April), and drive my old beater in the bad weather. Therefore, I really can't answer your question very well about cold starts. The couple of times I did start it when it was in the teens or twenties, there was a very minor delay due to the glow plugs doing their thing, then it fired right up.
Maybe some other 20d owners will chip in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine is on the Mignon, supposedly battling the North Atlantic storms. Should be half way across by now. It was supposed to hit dock on 2/26 with delivery on 3/3. They said the storm might delay that until 3/10.

Still hoping.....

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Welcome RedPace! Love to see the pics when the car arrives, the wait will go by quickly now that its crossing the atlantic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is on the TAMESIS also. That 1am time is UTC time so it actually gets in 8pm your time on Saturday night but who is checking...LOL!!!!
Thanks for the time correct StormGrey. Not that I'm looking or anything but its good to know it will be in Baltimore in time for late happy Hour! $2 oil and free DEF till closing! LOL

Reactions: StormGrey

·
Registered
255 Posts
That makes three of us. I just heard from my guy and my BRG S is also on the Tamesis. Even though the ship is due in Baltimore on 2/19 (2/18 EST), my Vista report shows it due at the retailer on 3/3 with it being retailed on 3/8. Still better than the initial estimate of 3/29 delivery.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That makes three of us. I just heard from my guy and my BRG S is also on the Tamesis. Even though the ship is due in Baltimore on 2/19 (2/18 EST), my Vista report shows it due at the retailer on 3/3 with it being retailed on 3/8. Still better than the initial estimate of 3/29 delivery.
That makes sense as Virginia is much closer to Baltimore than NW Indiana. However the manager of my dealership tells me they can have the vehicle ready within 24 hours of delivery. This is due to the new FP's coming in not needing any of the service bulletins applied. I have to give Jaguar credit for resolving all of the early issues quickly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The vista for mine coming to NJ also has a delivery date of 3/3. It still has a handover date of 3/31 though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The vista for mine coming to NJ also has a delivery date of 3/3. It still has a handover date of 3/31 though.
Don't even worry about the Vista now. My dealer explained the process after it hits the port. Within a day or two of leaving the port they will receive an invoice for the car. That invoice is what triggers the car to show up on their website. The vehicle arrives within 2 to 3 days of the invoice. I was actually sitting with the SA on Saturday a few weeks back. He told me he was invoiced for 8 FP's on Thursday. While I was leaving the parking lot the trailer with the FP's was pulling in. All I am going to do is start checking my dealers website for my car beginning next week. The minute I see the car on the site I know they will have it in 2 to 3 days and I will have it the day after. In your case, being so much closer to Baltimore, your vehicle may hit the dealership the day after they get the invoice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I decided after I took delivery, that I would keep my FP in a friend's garage until the winter is over (April), and drive my old beater in the bad weather. Therefore, I really can't answer your question very well about cold starts. The couple of times I did start it when it was in the teens or twenties, there was a very minor delay due to the glow plugs doing their thing, then it fired right up.
Maybe some other 20d owners will chip in.
Good to know the glow plugs will handle at least to the teens and 20's MTHM. The advantage to a March delivery is that real cold starts probably won't happen until next winter.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Tamesis has moved out of Baltimore onto its next stop. I searched the WW site for my VIN and it now shows as Delivered From as of noon today. Hopefully they can fill a truck soon.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts