Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm Apollya, a member from the UK F-Pace forums, but have frequently been on here reading.

I ordered my F-pace 30th December and should take delivery next month (hopefully 2-3 weeks).

On order: 2.0D AWD Automatic R-Sport, in Dark Sapphire Blue with a whole heap of extras.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome. I read the U.K. Forum.

Love the diesel.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Also, the regulations are less stringent there, so the mileage is significantly higher as well, like 50+ mpg.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome all, will post photos as soon as I get some, getting excited.
Hi there...yes indeed, and some photos of the car will also be nice to see..;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hola and welcome. Looking forward to the pixs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe diesel is a LOT cheaper than petrol over there.
Fuel over here in general is fairly expensive $1.50-1.60 per litre ..Diesel is around 10p errr $0.12 ish per litre more here, but is more efficient and the 3.0 SC Petrol is a real guzzler comparatively, it also cost a lot more in road tax and insurance then any of the diesels. in honesty if DID cost more, as the new system sees you pay a lot initially but is about value of a car and then is a flat rate which is the same for all vehicles.

i did test drive both the 2.0D (twice) the 3.0D S (back to back before a 2.0D) and i felt the 2.0D met my needs, but was still on the fence after feeling the power of the 3.0D. To test drive a 3.0 SC i would've needed to test drive the F-type with that engine as local dealers didn't have one available for tests.

the real clincher for me was the discount I managed to get, which was only on the 2.0D. I could've had £1250 off RRP of the 3.0D S or 3.0 SC, but I was able to get £2985 off the RRP of the 2.0D R-Sport due to taking advantage of a pricing error by the dealer.

In the rest of Europe, diesel is in general cheaper than petrol though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The new car order wait... Drinking heavily helps. Just saying. :)
Haha, the order was surprisingly easy, I'd talked through details in person with local dealer so new what I wanted and actually ordered it online using a configurator, not the actual jaguar one but very similar as my dealer are online sales exclusively. i did need a drink after though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome. My Sapphire Blue gets lots of raves. Its a great colour. Enjoy.
Love the colour I was drawn towards Ultimate black and perhaps Ammonite initially, until I saw a DSB at the dealers and it instantly made my mind up, always love metallic midnight blue. It gets a great two-tone quality in the sun-light (not that we get a lot this side of the pond :D ) with a purple like tint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts