Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a 2020 F Pace SVR in Omaha Nebraska but will be moving to Colorado soon. I'm debating between the SVR and a Jeep Trackhawk. I really want to say I have a Jaaaaagg. Watch the Grand Tour or Top Gear to get that reference. The local dealer has 2 SVRs equipped way I think I'll like. But was curious if there are some must have options but I'm not sure if there are some secret or lesser known options that members believe are must have or options that they wish they had checked the box on. I wanted a vehicle that has a boosted engine to compensate for the thinner air due to altitude. I want supercharged over turbo because when I want the power I want it now and dont want to wait for turbos to spool up. So that eliminates the BMW X5M. I want a fast luxury SUV. Room for 2 o3 German shepherds.

·
F Pace Expert
2,630 Posts
An SVR will be super fun out here. Regular FPace performs well at least up to 10,000 feet with no loss of power so SVR should be great. Depending on where you are going to be snow tires would be one thing I’d think about.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
434 Posts
One sometimes overlooked F Pace option that gets mentioned here is the trailer hitch. Much more expensive and aggravating to add on later.
Look over the other options available to you, and if in doubt, go for them now rather than regret not having them afterwards.

Plenty of comfortable room for the doggos. See our thread about dogs.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
Get the LED headlights

DP

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
434 Posts
LED lights are standard. Think hard about the two driver packages - pricey, but once you've experienced them, they're indispensable. Likewise HUD. Fancier sound system is mandatory to some; my old ears don't give a rat's ass.
Go to the build site and consider what's important and worth the price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An SVR will be super fun out here. Regular FPace performs well at least up to 10,000 feet with no loss of power so SVR should be great. Depending on where you are going to be snow tires would be one thing I’d think about.
Plan on great snow tires and spare set of wheels plus weather tech mats to preserve the original ones It comes with
What about a heated windshield? Not being able to stand a reach like to scrape ice off of windshield seems to be an issue I envision being an issue How does the Jag perform off road? I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 liter hemi and the quadra drive 4 wheel drive system was considered to be one of the best off road choice there was. What I'm trying to say is that I'd like vehicle to be able to perform off road even though I'd probably never take it off road but knowing it could and not get stuck even going off the paved roads. And with that Jeep even though it's great off road not once did I do that. I'm just wondering if a Range Rover Sport SVR with more HP 575 I believe and a better offroad drivetrain might be a better choice?or doe the Jag outperform the Range Rover by such a large margin it's not worth considering? Seeing how 90% of driving will be on paved road sit seems like the best choice.altitude might not hamper performance that much butId love to have a boosted engine and the ability that maybe an easy pulley swap could raise boost pressures and therefore make more power if I desired that. Right now I wish my left arm especially the hand and fingers would work so I could enjoy the paddle shifters and spirited driving a tad more but I'm sure I'll still enjoy that style of driving even if I let the car handle the up and down shifts for me. I wan the cooled rear seats for my babies after they've spent a bit of time running ang chasing bunnies. I think cooled seats on their bellies would be a plus. I treat my dogs like human family members. I mean they're pack animals and if they're going to accept me as part of their pack then I will accept and treat them as part of my family. Meaning each will have their own seat in the rear with their own window to stick their head out of. So they dont have to share and fight each other to have that honor and privilege. About the Range Rover Sport SVR does the Jag outperform it by so much on twisty paved roads it's not worth looking at?
LED lights are standard. Think hard about the two driver packages - pricey, but once you've experienced them, they're indispensable. Likewise HUD. Fancier sound system is mandatory to some; my old ears don't give a rat's ass.
Go to the build site and consider what's important and worth the price.
Both of choices have the HUD not sure if they have the upgraded audio but I'd want that and an auxiliary auxiliary audio input for an older ipod and my phone to hook into to play mp3s off of it

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Having had both an FP and a JGC... it really depends on what your bias is towards. Trackhawk is a wolf in sheep's clothing ( you could dust most anything out there...) and I'm betting you could get a much better negotiated deal on one. The 4WD system is superior,(If I was stuck in a Blizzard, I'd take my JEEP hands down...) but I don't really know how touchy this vehicle would be on the throttle as a daily driver... and the fuel economy is pretty dismal if you are on it at all....

SVR is certainly prob more eye catching, refined, classy, and superior handling. a true "Sports Car" SUV....

If money is no object… Hey, Get a Big Range Rover !

None of them are a bad choice... But having a great dealer that you trust needs to be in the equation too....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I'll be 95% on paved roads and due to my stroke limitations going off road where I may to have to use a high lift jack and an anchor and winch if the worse happens the SVR will be about right.1 might consider the Range Rover Sport SVR if I wanted to also go off road more of the time. I'm looking of afast sportier SUV with just limited off road on say gravel roads not doing any trail blazing sort of thing. I do want a lot of cool tech features and luxury trim and features plus a heated front windshield to cut down on scraping windshield. Getting to a standing position on snow and or ice to scrape off ice might be problematic.and I love the HUD if oiinly the JGCTH had that feature.

·
Registered
509 Posts
As I'll be 95% on paved roads and due to my stroke limitations going off road where I may to have to use a high lift jack and an anchor and winch if the worse happens the SVR will be about right.1 might consider the Range Rover Sport SVR if I wanted to also go off road more of the time. I'm looking of afast sportier SUV with just limited off road on say gravel roads not doing any trail blazing sort of thing. I do want a lot of cool tech features and luxury trim and features plus a heated front windshield to cut down on scraping windshield. Getting to a standing position on snow and or ice to scrape off ice might be problematic.and I love the HUD if oiinly the JGCTH had that feature.

Have you driven one with the heated windshield? Especially at night? I had one as a loaner, and I absolutely hated it. It was very visible to me. I know some people say they don't mind it, but if you haven't already, I would highly recommend testing this out to see where your tolerance level is for this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No not at night but the alternative would be worse. Standing and reaching and scraping motion would certainly leave me lying on the ground with no way to get up so it'll be a cross to bare. Icy windows are bad enough in Nebraska can only imagine being up in clouds of Colorado would be much worse. But thank you for pointing out a potential troublesome issue. Debating whether to take one of the SVRs dealer has in stock or order a new one with everything the way I want it and the exact color I want? Taking dealer stock would get me one sooner but I'm thinking this would be the last new car purchase that I'll ever make so why not get it perfect?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts