Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW Letter from JLR-NA *Infotainment, Engine, & Electrical* UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES

I don't know if this has been discussed already , but here is a copy of the Letter we received from JLR-NA !
Titled *Jaguar Vehicle Enhancement Program* , and dated May 1 , 2017 !

Reactions: bpmba and NVA_FPACE

·
Registered
204 Posts
I haven't received this letter, but interested in knowing whats included in the upgrades.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't received this letter, but interested in knowing whats included in the upgrades.
I'm just glad that they are still trying and willing to *make things right* , for any of us that are still having ISSUES !!! :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm just glad that they are still trying and willing to *make things right* , for any of us that are still having ISSUES !!! :)
Agreed! As a first-time Jag owner, I've been impressed - so far.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I agree. I've yet to get the letter as well, but I'm close to going back into the dealership for my 16k service and for them to fix the steering wheel column creak that has returned now with consistent outside temps above 60. It would be nice to get some new software that adds some capabilities, I only hope they thoroughly tested these updates so we aren't all scrambling to get back into the dealership after the fact to get updates to fix issues. I would assume they've done their diligence with that this time, but sometimes assuming gets you in trouble! :)

Reactions: NVA_FPACE and GRVR

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I don't know if this has been discussed already , but here is a copy of the Letter we received from JLR-NA !
When did you actually get this letter, since it is dated 2 weeks ago?
I didn't get one yet.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I got this letter about a week ago, not sure when @GRVR build date was, but maybe they are sending out based on that. My letter went into the circular file.

·
Registered
333 Posts
haven't received it yet either. would be nice to get these updates OTA like tesla, my dealership is only 12 miles away, but it takes a good 45 minutes to get there most days.
maybe they can add:
android auto
voice navi entry for ictp
keep the darn map pointing north. so annoying to hit the compass for north orientation and 1 minute later it defaults back to whatever way you're facing.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When did you actually get this letter, since it is dated 2 weeks ago?
I didn't get one yet.
Just the Letter itself has a Date of May 1 , 2017 for when it was written ! The Envelope has NO post marked date on it , so I have no idea when it was mailed , but I probably got it about a week ago like theweeb did !
I grab the mail out of the mailbox when I get home from work , take it into *VR's* office for her to sort , and then just today she gave me an "Oh' by the way , here's a letter from Jag"! ;)
Good Help is hard to find !!! >:)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My manufactured date is July , 2016 ! My purchase off the lot date was Sept. 10 , 2016 !

I am planning on taking advantage of whatever UPDATES they are willing to offer , for as long as they continue to offer them ! My dealer is *103* miles away , so it's not like I'm doing it because it is super convenient ! I'm just doing it HOPEFULLY for the Good of the Vehicle !!!

·
Registered
581 Posts

keep the darn map pointing north. so annoying to hit the compass for north orientation and 1 minute later it defaults back to whatever way you're facing.
NixMo,

The North-up feature for ICTP was discussed and fixed some time ago. If you've had a software update anytime after November you should be able to invoke it:-

when in map view, hit the icon on the lower right of the screen (looks like layers); this will give you the display options window, where you can permanently select North-Up in 2D mode.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
225 Posts
Got this letter a long while back...Jan or Feb even. FP is at the dealership now for the seat belt issue I am having plus a myriad of updates and TSBs.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Improved engine robustness... wonder what that means. Im curious what the electrical updates would be to. I haven't gotten this letter but my first schedule maintenance is coming up soon so I may ask about this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I did not receive this letter either. Purchase my F-pace Apr. 29, 2017 in Toronto. Can I show this letter to my dealer for a "free check/upgrade" service? Always wondering if my car up-to-date since I read so much existing issues on this forum.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I also received this letter a while back, dated Feb 12th to be exact. I'll be going in for the 16,000 mi service and will let them know ahead of time to check all this stuff along with the creaky sunroof. My dealer is about 35 miles away so I want to get it all taken care of at once.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My VEP Enhancements didn't seem so enhancing

Just picked up my F-Pace following this enhancement. It took three hours and the following was done:

K445 Coolant Level Check
K452 Track Rod End Torque

Seems like a run of the mill service check but I don't know much about cars.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
GRVR, I still have yet to see this letter.

One question I have for GR and those of you who did get the letter, were your ICTP updates all completed. This would be the 2.0 and 2.5 updates. With all the connectivity the vehicle has, I'm sure they can tell back at the the Jag home office which vehicles may be running old code. I'm wondering if those who received letters either haven't had these updates done at all, or have had them done, but due to challenges with the update process have vehicles that do not have all modules on the proper version of the code, therefore the letter was sent to get you guys into the dealership to get that done?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GRVR, I still have yet to see this letter.

One question I have for GR and those of you who did get the letter, were your ICTP updates all completed. This would be the 2.0 and 2.5 updates. With all the connectivity the vehicle has, I'm sure they can tell back at the the Jag home office which vehicles may be running old code. I'm wondering if those who received letters either haven't had these updates done at all, or have had them done, but due to challenges with the update process have vehicles that do not have all modules on the proper version of the code, therefore the letter was sent to get you guys into the dealership to get that done?
I believe that we have the *2.0* Update , but maybe not the *2.5* , because we had our Update done back in November after the 2.0 came out , and haven't been back since ! Besides the CD Player not functioning properly (which hopefully will be a separate fix from the ICTP) , there are some minor FLAKY Issues with the ICTP , but nothing that stops us from LOVING this *AWESOME MACHINE* !!!
It does seem like people that purchased theirs earlier then us , received their letters earlier , so maybe that is the timeline they are using !

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
i was thinking same, I have not received letter. Gut feel is this is the 2.5 "campaign"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts