Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Placed my order for 20d Prestige just after Xmas. Still waiting to hear anything besides, "your order has been received" from my dealer, but hope to be driving it this Spring. But am enjoying reading about everyone else's F-Paces. :laugh:

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ordered my R Sport right before Thanksgiving and I am looking at a mid March delivery if that helps.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the wait will hopefully go by quickly for you!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree with the above. Time seldom more slower than when waiting for a new car to show up at the dealership. Mood swings between elation and depression are common. You may find yourself drinking heavily when the pain becomes too much to bear or find yourself weeping at odd times for no reason. Er, wait a minute. I was talking about myself again. o_O

You'll probably be OK. Maybe. For a week... :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered my R Sport right before Thanksgiving and I am looking at a mid March delivery if that helps.
Hmmm so that means maybe mid-April or May. SO long from now! ? It's strange to me that the dealer still doesn't have build date or delivery estimate though if the order has been in for six weeks. Is that normal?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So turns out my local dealership didn't ever place my order back in December. Have been bugging them for info ever since, all he would ever say was that "it's been accepted, you're definitely getting the 2017, and I'll let you know as soon as I know anything else". Well, I might be a woman, but I'm not stupid (I have a doctorate for crying out loud!) and can smell BS when I see it. Sent him an email yesterday to cancel my order, and low and behold today I get a Vista sheet for a MY18 build date of May 12th and delivery estimate July 7th. So they placed my order today looks like (oh and an offer of $1K off MRSP). Thanks but no thanks.....you can cancel that one too.

If I'm waiting until June/July (hoping for early delivery like lots of folks have been getting) anyway, I'll be doing it through a dealership that keeps me in the loop and treats me with respect.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
So turns out my local dealership didn't ever place my order back in December. Have been bugging them for info ever since, all he would ever say was that "it's been accepted, you're definitely getting the 2017, and I'll let you know as soon as I know anything else". Well, I might be a woman, but I'm not stupid (I have a doctorate for crying out loud!) and can smell BS when I see it. Sent him an email yesterday to cancel my order, and low and behold today I get a Vista sheet for a MY18 build date of May 12th and delivery estimate July 7th. So they placed my order today looks like (oh and an offer of $1K off MRSP). Thanks but no thanks.....you can cancel that one too.

If I'm waiting until June/July (hoping for early delivery like lots of folks have been getting) anyway, I'll be doing it through a dealership that keeps me in the loop and treats me with respect.
#1 - You have a doctorate in "crying out loud" ??? ;)
#2 - I feel it is better to SEE "BS" , before you "SMELL" it , otherwise it could be TOO LATE !!! >:)

On a serious note , Good For You !!!
At least those A-Holes aren't going to earn a commission on you !!!
Hopefully you will find the Right Dealership that is willing to EARN your business !!!
GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HUNTING !!! :)

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was kind of hoping they'd get stuck having to sell my custom order since I assumed it was past the point of allowable changes, but oh well. The dealership in Tucson is a much better fit and I know I'll get better service there. I had a suspicion about the dealership here even before I set foot in it, but gave it a shot anyway. Should have listened to my gut, lesson learned.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
575 Posts
That's a really shady (or utterly incompetent) thing to do to a customer. I don't blame you for taking your business elsewhere. Maybe there will something already on the lot of another dealer that comes close to what you wanted to order.

GRVR....seems you can get a degree in anything these days, eh? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts