Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm new here on this forum. I'm in the process to buy a fpace svr. I know about the differences between the latest generation and the first one. So what do you recommend. Should i buy the latest generation and must live with the less loud exhaust, but enjoy the improvements or should I buy the older gen, enjoy the louder exhaust and live without the improvements. I drove and own a lot of years us v8 cars like mustang, viper and the last car I had was the Camaro ZL1 5 Gen. I live in Europe,Switzerland, where the us v8 are very rare.
For me, a nice and powerfull car needs to have the right sound. :)

I was on a testdrive with a 2018 model and it was nice, how the car runs, feels and under throttle it was really loud. Saturday I go to test drive a 2022 Modell.

What are the most important issues with the FPace SVR to know, before buying one. I would prefere to buy a used one with no more than 20000 km on the clock.

Sorry for my english

Thanks in Advance
Regards
J

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the information on the SVR that is out here. I've owned two SVR and one S F-Pace and I've loved all three. It's the best handling SUV I've owned and it's too far in handling from my M45 Infiniti I used to own. That is why I purchased three, I love the handling and while the S was sporty, when the SVR came out I had to own that one and then I got the 21 which is a bit more refined than the 2019 SVR was. All good. Have fun reading and figuring out what you want to purchase.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Guys

I'm new here on this forum. I'm in the process to buy a fpace svr. I know about the differences between the latest generation and the first one. So what do you recommend. Should i buy the latest generation and must live with the less loud exhaust, but enjoy the improvements or should I buy the older gen, enjoy the louder exhaust and live without the improvements. I drove and own a lot of years us v8 cars like mustang, viper and the last car I had was the Camaro ZL1 5 Gen. I live in Europe,Switzerland, where the us v8 are very rare.

I was on a testdrive with a 2018 model and it was nice, how the car runs, feels and under throttle it was really loud. Saturday I go to test drive a 2022 Modell.

What are the most important issues with the FPace SVR to know, before buying one. I would prefere to buy a used one with no more than 20000 km on the clock.

Sorry for my english

Thanks in Advance
Regards
J
highly suggest the updated model, as the interior and infotainment is substantially improved. as for the exhaust, you can easily unplug the active exhaust, which is detailed in a post in this forum. unplugging the active exhaust restores plenty of sound.. my vehicle is very loud.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does unplugging the active exhaust exempt the warranty on the car in any way ?
can't say for sure, but it's purely cosmetic (sound), so I highly doubt it. I suspect unplugging it could violate some sound ordinances (nyc,California), since the only reason the exhaust got quieter with the new model is because of stricter sound laws.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
My car has been in for service twice since I unplugged the exhaust and the dealership has not said anything and taken care of both services totally under warrantee. One was a software update and the other was the one year service with an oil change and whatever else they do at 1 year. It's also very clear it's unplugged as the start up sound is pretty loud compared to stock. Also with my 2017 S they fully covered everything under warrantee even though it had the Quicksilver cat back exhaust installed. So I doubt this would void any warrantee unless it was the actual mufflers and doing this somehow caused them to decay early or something.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My car has been in for service twice since I unplugged the exhaust and the dealership has not said anything and taken care of both services totally under warrantee. One was a software update and the other was the one year service with an oil change and whatever else they do at 1 year. It's also very clear it's unplugged as the start up sound is pretty loud compared to stock. Also with my 2017 S they fully covered everything under warrantee even though it had the Quicksilver cat back exhaust installed. So I doubt this would void any warrantee unless it was the actual mufflers and doing this somehow caused them to decay early or something.
agree. I also had a 1 year service with no concerns. the active exhaust is simply controlling a valve. I don't think there are any other mechanical implications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had a 2018 35t R-Sport for the past 4 years, and I can tell you without question, avoid that infotainment. Bluetooth wouldn't connect for the first few minutes, the HUD was garbage, our screen would flicker occasionally, very glitchy and slow to respond. You'll end up resenting it. Not a single other problem with the car, and SOOO much fun (even with the 340hp)... but the new tech and interior is non-negotiable in my mind.

Separately, it looks like for 2021- they dropped the power output and number of speakers in the sound system, anyone have any ideas why? I've heard it's even better?

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
121 Posts
Meh I’m not really impressed with the meridian surround system. Honestly the alpine system in my Jeep Wrangler rubicon sounds a lot better and it has only 9 speakers. It’s got a lot fuller sound and seemingly more power. I mostly listen to the v8 soundtrack in the SVR anyway!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I’ve had both old and new and new is way way way better the interior on the old is really dated you could mod the exhaust but I still think the new sounds good also as stock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys

Sorry for my english

Thanks in Advance
Regards
J

·
Registered
5 Posts
I compared the latest and original generation closely and here are things I noticed. Some nice but little things about the newer model is the hood is redesigned and one piece which looks nicer and I really like. The front radar sensor no longer has plastic around Jaguar logo which also looks better. Otherwise looks very similar and both nice. The interior is definitely better with less cheap hard plastic on doors and dash, better switches and just a more refined luxury looking interior. Newer infotainment system is nice though I have not had any issues on my 2109 MY infotainment system except slow loading at startup. On startup exhaust is quieter on newer generation which is better if have neighbors. Things I like better about first generation. Exhaust sound especially in 2.5-4k rpm range when in city driving. Love the overrun sound and character and never get tired of the sound. I really prefer leather seats and newest generation leather seats are unavailable in two tone seats like the first generation. I personally thought all white or all black leather seats in new generation a little too bright or dark for my taste but if you prefer the alcatara combo can get two tone colors in latest generation. I like listening to my cd collection on road trips and no CD player option on new generation. I also prefer the gear shifter on first generation. I ended up not trading in my 19 for a 21 MY since I preferred the sound and thought maybe the new model seemed softer and not as raw as 19MY if that make sense, and I didn't feel worth the price adjustment the dealer wanted over MSRP considering I got my original SVR below MSRP. But if the last model year of the SVR two tone leather seats available may consider switching. Both generations amazing vehicles and can't go wrong with either generation! After 3 yrs have had no issues mechanically with the SVR, except upshift arrows don't work and dealer does not know how to fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts