Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my FPace for one week now. The first 3 days it rained non-stop here in Georgia. I love the car but was disappointed on the beading of the rain on the hood during the 3 days of rain. I would of thought a new car would repel the rain better and not look a calm flat lake water? My FPace came with a xzilon green application, which I think was probably just a gimmick and provides temp protection to jack up the price. I had never heard of this stuff but I did find evidence it was applied with small traces of residue. Between the new car/paint and this xzilon green stuff I would of thought it would have a nice layer of protection repelling the rain. Regardless, I spent all afternoon yesterday waxing the car with Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax so I know it now has a good layer of protection to help prevent a rock chip, bugs, weather and such. I especially wanted to do this before the hot Georgia weather kicks in a month from now.

So my question is, did anyone else notice the same thing after picking up their FPace? For FPace owners, what was your experience?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
The only protection against rock chips is film. Wax won't do it. After 10 months of nothing, I finally went pro. See my signature below.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Whether or not water beads on paint has nothing to do with the age of the car. It has everything to do with whether a wax, sealant, or coating is present. But to answer your question, my FP paint was in what I would consider "typical" condition for new cars. There was a cheap wax present, which I removed during my first detail session.

As I've said on other posts, the condition of paint on new cars is generally not great. From manufacturer to dealer to customer, the paint is barraged with contaminants, debris, careless/inexperienced dealership "detailers," and on and on. You might think your new car looks okay, but to an experienced detailer, your car likely needs a ton of work. That's why the vast majority of brand new cars should be detailed by a professional detailer as soon as possible after the customer accepts delivery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It will vary greatly dealer to dealer and the skills of their vehicle prep detailers, but even in the best cases, you'll want to apply your own protective layer as soon after delivery as you can.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a shop professionally Clay bar my Fpace, and then apply Simoniz Diamond Plate.

Looks really nice right now, see how it holds up after the summer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I only buy white vehicles, because they are so easy to keep clean. I waxed every vehicle I have ever had, at least twice a year, late Fall, and late spring. Makes me feel better, and you notice little things on your car that you would usually never notice.
Wax ON - Wax OFF :cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only protection against rock chips is film. Wax won't do it. After 10 months of nothing, I finally went pro. See my signature below.
I agree. Check into Xpel or Suntek. I had Xpel ultimate put on another vehicle in 2014. So far, I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I don't follow too close behind other cars or trucks...And give trucks wide room when passing head on..Other than that, I use Turtle wax ICE and be done with it,,shine is awesome...Goes on easy and buffs up nice..Even use on the glass..leaves no residue.

I probably won't keep the car much pass it's warranty period..So couldn't see spending the money on that fancy schmancy film coating..or whatever it is..

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I agree. Check into Xpel or Suntek. I had Xpel ultimate put on another vehicle in 2014. So far, I'm very pleased with it.
Yup. After 10 months a found a couple of rock chips, tiny ones you won't notice unless you are looking hard for 'em. I didn't want to take anymore chances. I'm keeping this car until the warranty runs out. I want it to look really good the whole time, and I don't want to spend a lot of elbow grease on the exterior. I don't have time and don't enjoy doing it. Film plus Ceramic Pro was pricey but worth it. First time I've ever had it done.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I guess my signature doesn't show up when I post with my Kindle. LOL.
Hey Trek , I think you may have just solved your *DISAPPEARING POSTS* problem as well !!!

Your post count has not changed even after you have posted THREE times on this one thread ??? :confused:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hey Trek , I think you may have just solved your *DISAPPEARING POSTS* problem as well !!!

Your post count has not changed even after you have posted THREE times on this one thread ??? :confused:
I know. It's a conspiracy between the moderatiors and you, GR.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did the XPel for front hood, side mirrors and door handles within 2 weeks. Had a detailer come to my house about a month in...full opticoat pro application. Still in curing phase (30 days), but looks good so far. Very professional, said it's amazing how dinged new cars get after "dealer prep"

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't follow too close behind other cars or trucks...And give trucks wide room when passing head on..Other than that, I use Turtle wax ICE and be done with it,,shine is awesome...Goes on easy and buffs up nice..Even use on the glass..leaves no residue.

I probably won't keep the car much pass it's warranty period..So couldn't see spending the money on that fancy schmancy film coating..or whatever it is..
Mind me asking if you also use it on the black plastic sections of your Jaguar?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Mind me asking if you also use it on the black plastic sections of your Jaguar?
I do, more time times than not..But I also use Aerospace 303 on those areas.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts