Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just bought the 2020 model. I love everything about it except the badging and rims. I would like to black out the chrome badging and change the rims (see photo). I know that Jag offers a gloss black 22inch rim package but I don't want to go with that. I would like to stay with the 20Inch. I appreciate the help and am glad to join this forum.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
View attachment 72671

I just bought the 2020 model. I love everything about it except the badging and rims. I would like to black out the chrome badging and change the rims (see photo). I know that Jag offers a gloss black 22inch rim package but I don't want to go with that. I would like to stay with the 20Inch. I appreciate the help and am glad to join this forum.
What’s an Autobiography F-PACE ? is that a UK thing. The only way I know to get the chrome around the windows black is order the black pack option... since that’s not an option I would have the chrome wrapped in gloss black 3M vinyl , you could have it removed and painted, however the large C shape Trim around the quarter glass comes with a new quarter glass window, meaning it doesn’t come off like the rest. The badges you can order factory black ones or paint the ones you have. On the wheels you can have them wrapped or painted. I look forward to the finished look.

DP

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you look under the sub forum Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension you may find some of the answers you are looking for. Some of the others will be under Exterior sub forum and the other place to look is in the Modifications and Customization forum. Good luck with your vehicle. @DPinTX he's in Canada not the UK and I'm sure there are different options there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What’s an Autobiography F-PACE ? is that a UK thing. The only way I know to get the chrome around the windows black is order the black pack option... since that’s not an option I would have the chrome wrapped in gloss black 3M vinyl , you could have it removed and painted, however the large C shape Trim around the quarter glass comes with a new quarter glass window, meaning it doesn’t come off like the rest. The badges you can order factory black ones or paint the ones you have. On the wheels you can have them wrapped or painted. I look forward to the finished look.

DP
Hey DP, in Canada the F-Pace Portfolio is an option that includes the following:

The pinnacle of F-PACE luxury – elegant, sophisticated and with a myriad of cutting-edge technologies.
Key features in addition to Prestige:
  • 20" 10 split-spoke 'Style 1019'
  • Perforated Windsor leather Luxury seats
  • 10-way Electric front seats
  • Configurable interior mood lighting
  • Gloss Figured Ebony veneer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. If you look under the sub forum Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension you may find some of the answers you are looking for. Some of the others will be under Exterior sub forum and the other place to look is in the Modifications and Customization forum. Good luck with your vehicle. @DPinTX he's in Canada not the UK and I'm sure there are different options there.
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
If you like the looks of those rims I'd simply powder coat them the color you want. It will be the cheapest option. You could also either wrap or paint the window surround, room rails and side grills. And to finish it the Jaguar leaper and trim in the back can be ordered in gloss black or flat black online at Amazon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you like the looks of those rims I'd simply powder coat them the color you want. It will be the cheapest option. You could also either wrap or paint the window surround, room rails and side grills. And to finish it the Jaguar leaper and trim in the back can be ordered in gloss black or flat black online at Amazon.
thank you so much. this is helpful

·
F Pace Expert
2,545 Posts
Welcome to the world of F-Pace. Good looking vehcile.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a 2018 Portfolio (same as the Autograph, I think), and also didn't care for the silver window trim, wheels, and side vents. I had the dealer replace the side vents with gloss black OEM replacements at delivery (cheaper than what the dipping cost would have been, and better result), had the window trim wrapped in black vinyl, and replaced the wheels with 20" helix replicas. I left the roof rails, front grill, and badges alone, to leave it with more of a first edition look from front and rear. Here's the result:

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Hoopics thank you for this. I had to make a correction to my thread. My F-Pace is also a 'Portfolio' not an autobiography (too many models, ugh). Anyway, I love what you did with yours and I am incorporating some of your ideas into my modifications. I will let you know how it turns out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts