Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has has anyone ordered the oyster/jet seats? These are different for 2018 in that they have the black on the inside and oyster on the outside, which I think would help them look cleaner and show wear a little less. I normally wouldn't be inclined to get seats that are flashy,
but this might look really good with Caesium Blue (sorry for those of you with FE models). What does everyone else think about this seat color with the oyster headliner and Caesium paint? The build I am considering is below.

Build your F-PACE - SUMMARY

Reactions: bpmba

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think it's very handsome.

You have all the toys. Great build

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Great build, except I would trade the lux interior pack for the driver assist pack and Id get the gun metal grey 22 in wheels.

Im not a fan of white because I think it shows stains to easily but its all personal preference.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great build, except I would trade the lux interior pack for the driver assist pack and Id get the gun metal grey 22 in wheels.

Im not a fan of white because I think it shows stains to easily but its all personal preference.
The 22s aren't really an option for me, since I will take this off-road on rutted, washboard terrain 10% of the time. Having a blowout when I am 3+ hours from the nearest store with 22 inch tires in stock is not an option for me! Not to mention the potholes in the Denver area. The only thing I like in the luxury pack is the adjustable LED lighting. I don't think this is white...it's that oyster gray color that you can get on the lower trims. It's light, but not overly so. I just wish I could see it in person before ordering!

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Great build! Agree on your observations, especially given the great off-pavement roads we have within easy drive from the metro area.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The 22s aren't really an option for me, since I will take this off-road on rutted, washboard terrain 10% of the time. Having a blowout when I am 3+ hours from the nearest store with 22 inch tires in stock is not an option for me! Not to mention the potholes in the Denver area. The only thing I like in the luxury pack is the adjustable LED lighting. I don't think this is white...it's that oyster gray color that you can get on the lower trims. It's light, but not overly so. I just wish I could see it in person before ordering!
Totally understandable. The 22s were out for me based purely on price and I wasn't going to purchase a set of 22in A/S rubber on top of the price of the 22s. I do believe the call PA the pothole capitol of the world so coloradans may have to get in line behind PA for the pothole crown ;)

Reactions: Kevin L

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If I remember from seeing it at the dealership, the light oyster is pretty darn close to white. There are several people on here with the pure light oyster interior so they could expand on this more.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Well that is the 1st I've seen of this as we configured on the 2017 site when we ordered the 1st of March. I hope my wife likes it. She is expecting black on the outside and oyster on the inside. It's definitely different and I do like it personally....

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Well that is the 1st I've seen of this as we configured on the 2017 site when we ordered the 1st of March. I hope my wife likes it. She is expecting black on the outside and oyster on the inside. It's definitely different and I do like it personally....
Yours is an R-Sport ! So yours will still have the Black on the outside and White in the middle !
The REVERSED Color Design is just for the *S* model !

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has has anyone ordered the oyster/jet seats? These are different for 2018 in that they have the black on the inside and oyster on the outside, The build I am considering is below.

Build your F-PACE - SUMMARY
Nice choices. Will be a beautiful vehicle. I like the look of the oyster but could never have light colored seats. Too hard to keep clean for me. Unfortunately, some days my job causes me to get a bit dirty. Easier to get that dirt off darker seats.

I do believe the call PA the pothole capitol of the world so coloradans may have to get in line behind PA for the pothole crown ;)
I concur. I hit a pothole in Lehighton two years ago and bent both passenger side rims on my Miata. Horrible end to a great week's vacation! It was a Sunday so I couldn't find anyplace open and I had to limp it home all the way to Michigan. Ended up having to buy new rims so I went ahead and upgraded all four to a bigger size/nicer rim but dang...that pothole did my wallet some damage. Sadly, I can't even remember what the "new" rims look like because the car went into storage two days after installation and I haven't seen it since. Looking forward to August!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yours is an R-Sport ! So yours will still have the Black on the outside and White in the middle !
The REVERSED Color Design is just for the *S* model !

Oh... Thank you ! Makes sense... One less thing I have to explain to wifey.... Less than 3 weeks away !

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
245 Posts
No white for me, nor any other light color. They don't hold up as well to use and look worn sooner than dark colors. That would be a little more important here than usual because the interior leather quality is on the poor end of the scale and I'm not expecting it to hold up well in any color, light colors will simply exacerbate the situation. White colors are also harder to sell private and will be a ding if traded in. Lastly they require more care to maintain and staining over time is almost unavoidable despite that care which takes you back to the looking more worn and doing so sooner where I started.

It isn't that I don't like light colors, they're attractive in the cars of others.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I remember from seeing it at the dealership, the light oyster is pretty darn close to white. There are several people on here with the pure light oyster interior so they could expand on this more.
If this is true I guess I'd just have to go with Brogue, though I don't think that would look as sharp. I want the inside to be quite a bit lighter, as I drove an S with brogue and the black headliner and it felt very dark inside. I prefer the lighter headliner and thought these seats would lighten things up even more. I don't want any WHITE seats...gray is fine...not white.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If this is true I guess I'd just have to go with Brogue, though I don't think that would look as sharp. I want the inside to be quite a bit lighter, as I drove an S with brogue and the black headliner and it felt very dark inside. I prefer the lighter headliner and thought these seats would lighten things up even more. I don't want any WHITE seats...gray is fine...not white.

That's why the Jet/Oyster combo is a winner with a light headliner. a good balance from letting things get too dark. I kinda like the black on the outside and light on the inside of the seat like the R Sport Jet/Oyster combo, as the leading edge of the seat usually takes the most heat from your jeans/clothes as you enter... being black it won't show as much color transfer and wear, I'm hoping....
But after waiting.... its coming home weather we like it or not.... Ready to get it in the garage..!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts