Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to a dealer today he informed me that he was notified yesterday that the Jaguar colors will be the same as the Land Rover colors for the 2018 models except for the IRR. He said this included the BRG color name change. I find this choice very hard to believe.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Do you believe this to be true? Curious as to how reliable you have found this dealer to be. If it is true, it is VERY useful news for me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you believe this to be true? Curious as to how reliable you have found this dealer to be. If it is true, it is VERY useful news for me.
He went as far as quoting me what the colors names will change to. I was stunned when he told me the BRG name would change to whatever the Land Rover Green color is.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Without commenting on veracity I looked at Land Rover colors. It is Aintree Green Metallic. On my Vista paperwork mine was referred to as Racing Green/Aintree Green. So, I think it is same color just different terminology. Hoped for a moment that our petition to forever prevent further dilution of BRG exclusivity had suceeded.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without commenting on veracity I looked at Land Rover colors. It is Aintree Green Metallic. On my Vista paperwork mine was referred to as Racing Green/Aintree Green. So, I think it is same color just different terminology. Hoped for a moment that our petition to forever prevent further dilution of BRG exclusivity had suceeded.
Aintree Green...that is the color he mentioned. I guess moving forward Aintree Green is BRG.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Aintree Green...that is the color he mentioned. I guess moving forward Aintree Green is BRG.
Aintree Green sounds like a product that might be recommended by a bud-tender in one of our dispensaries here in Colorado. "I'll take two pre-rolleds of the Aintree Green and maybe an eighth of the Cesium Blue please."

BRG Forever!

·
Banned
304 Posts
After talking to a dealer today he informed me that he was notified yesterday that the Jaguar colors will be the same as the Land Rover colors for the 2018 models except for the IRR. He said this included the BRG color name change. I find this choice very hard to believe.
Any word on option pkg changes? I would like to see some features like cooled seats & parking asst as stand alone options not in large required groupings.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any word on option pkg changes? I would like to see some features like cooled seats & parking asst as stand alone options not in large required groupings.
Absolutely no other information on the 2018's from this guy.

·
Banned
304 Posts
If BMW and Benz jumped off a bridge, should Jaguar do it too? :)
Not sure the logic of comparing the 2. I mean you don't agree we should able to get cooled seats without being forced to buy heated rear ( don't need 'em in FL) reclining rear (useless as far as I'm concerned) and the flaky gesture tailgate? Or parking assist without traffic sign recognition or 360 camera's ect?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Not sure the basis for you assertion gesture tailgate is flaky, particularly since you don't own the vehicle. Mine works 100% with correct foot motion and a clean vehicle. I haven't seen a peep on this in months on here leading me to conclude most who have it have learned to correctly operate it. It's one of the most useful features particularly with a large dirty dog or packages in hand.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Aintree Green sounds like a product that might be recommended by a bud-tender in one of our dispensaries here in Colorado. "I'll take two pre-rolleds of the Aintree Green and maybe an eighth of the Cesium Blue please."

BRG Forever!
And I thought you only spent time posting, driving and visiting your Jag dealer: I guess there's another dealer in your life! ;)

Nevada just legalised smoking/ingesting "recreational" pot Jan.1, but, because it is Nevada, there's no LEGAL way to buy it. Legal or not, I sure smell alot of it a Any Ski Resort, USA (or Canada).

Odd Fact: The International Olympic Committee raised their allowable THC blood content limit so elite snowboarders could compete. "In May 2013, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) raised the in-competition threshold for marijuana tenfold, to 150 nanograms per milliliter. " - from america.aljazeera.com/:eek:

Start worrying when Jag's colors are Bubba Kush Green, Sour Diesel Grey or Panama Red: assembly defects may become rampant!

BTW: Anyone know when "recreational" alcohol and tobacco were legalised?

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
"The Twenty-first Amendment (Amendment XXI) to the United States Constitution repealed the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which had mandated nationwide Prohibition on alcohol on January 16, 1919. The Twenty-first Amendment was ratified on December 5, 1933."

A friend moved to Nevada about 9 months ago to lay ground work for his company's expansion into Nevada in anticipation of change in Nevada law. Everyone's going to be adopting Colorado's regulatory system which is rigorous, well considered and very effective.

BKG, oops I mean, BRG rules!

PS: no dealers, it's just like going in and buying some beers, you no longer have to hang out on a ratty couch making small talk with someone you'd never want to hang out with

·
Registered
14 Posts
"The Twenty-first Amendment (Amendment XXI) to the United States Constitution repealed the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which had mandated nationwide Prohibition on alcohol on January 16, 1919. The Twenty-first Amendment was ratified on December 5, 1933."
Hello, I am an F-Pace watcher. I would like to see some new colors, although I am leaning towards gloss black with the blackout package and the red S calipers. Currently using the 5 yr warranty/free maintenance ploy on the wifey. She is not sold yet.

Anyway, I am not a lawyer, but some people do not realize that the U.S. 18th amendment prohibited the production, transport, and sale of alcohol, but not private possession, or consumption. Sounds like Nevada is in the same state of affairs regarding recreational marijuana. Basically still prohibited, but at least legalized for personal use.

·
Registered
66 Posts
" Currently using the 5 yr warranty/free maintenance ploy on the wifey" Worked for me!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts