·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
OK, we landed not where some of us SVR owners would have liked, but one metric they didn't look at clearly, was price to performance. Yes our SVR was a bit behind the others when you consider the performance metrics, but you could buy a fleet of SVRs for the price of 2 of the vehicles in the test (Bentley and Lambo), and they also compared it to a Cayenne rather than a Macan, and the price difference there is also substantial.

I'll take my SVR over any of those others. It looks better, performs awesome, and when you consider the price compared to the other three. it's a steal! That's how I would have ended that Article.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah a friend emailed me that and I thought the same thing - how can you "place" the Jag in fourth when you've spent a fraction of the cost of the others? And no one on this forum is going to think a Bentayga is anything but fugly ?. Personally, even if I had the money to spend on the others, the Jag is way better looking so no thanks. Even if they were the same price I wouldn't buy the others. But that's the Ian Callum worshiper in me...

Totally agree, not having a "price versus performance" aspect to all that is a miss. I did think it was a very funny read though, especially the butt puckering part - ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed with above comments. Also, the main deficit the review identified is one that is easily remedied by anyone prioritizing performance at the limit -- the tires. A more interesting comparison would be the SVR against the Macan Turbo, MB GLC63 and BMW X3M. But the point of this was to find the SUV entry into the Best Driver's Car competition, not a head-to-head consumer choice comparison. Still, how anyone would think that the Bentley could be in the running for best driver's car is beyond me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes i agree with you all.

Wish Jag would have sent the SVR with some better performance tires. But then again, people who buy this car also need to drive it in the winter, so all seasons just make sense. To their credit, the article does point that out. We all can't be oil shieks driving the worlds most expensive and also the worlds ugliest SUV with good performance tires.

Oh, and to all your points about price. If i'm buying a quarter of a million dollar SUV, it better beat the pants off of something that cost 3x less.

·
Registered
171 Posts
All good points, especially around the tyres which are an easy fix, but are the brakes that bad? It really seemed as if they were verging on dangerous. What say you SVR drivers, half crown sixpence or extreme testing conditions not real life?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
My brakes are perfectly fine on my SVR. Every time I tried to hop on them heavily, the car has stopped perfectly within reason. I think their point in on a racetrack and to be honest, I've riding many miles on racetracks on motorcycles, and while I would love to get my SVR on a track just for some fun, I doubt it will ever happen. For the road, the SVR brakes are perfectly fine and they do stop better than the standard F-Pace's brakes.

Reactions: Bromma
1 - 7 of 7 Posts