Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Just order my 2018 F-Pace R-Sport 25t AWD with the Ingenium 2.0 liter 4 cylinder 247 HP Turbocharged Engine. I still have time to mod the order before it goes final. My question is how many others out there have opted for the 4 cylinder engine? Has any body taken delivery of any 2018's with the smaller engine and what are you thoughts on it ( fuel economy, performance, power, sound etc.)?

Reactions: Paulo Soares

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Hey all,
Just order my 2018 F-Pace R-Sport 25t AWD with the Ingenium 2.0 liter 4 cylinder 247 HP Turbocharged Engine. I still have time to mod the order before it goes final. My question is how many others out there have opted for the 4 cylinder engine? Has any body taken delivery of any 2018's with the smaller engine and what are you thoughts on it ( fuel economy, performance, power, sound etc.)?
Sorry to say but I dont think any 2018s have been delivered yet. Congrats on the order though and welcome to the very exclusive F-pace club

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to say but I dont think any 2018s have been delivered yet. Congrats on the order though and welcome to the very exclusive F-pace club
Thanks,
Can't wait, Curious to see when the first reviews come out about the new engine. Saw a video on it in an F-Type but I'm
pretty sure the exhaust and engine performance settings are tweaked quite a bit for the Sports Car vs the SUV.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also ordered the 25t R Sport. Build date is June 9 and is supposed to be the first 25t delivered to the dealer here in Columbus. I think the engine should be great for those of us who opted to put more into options as opposed to the engine. Currently have an Audi, Q5 with 4 cylinder turbo and it has plenty of get up to move into freeway traffic. I assume the 25t will be at least as good. I'll be interested to hear the exhaust, as the 6's sound pretty sweet. Wouldn't hesitate to go with the 4 if I were you, although there are some on this forum who would "never" have a 4.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 6, and I love it.

But... I also ordered before 2018 options were out.

I can see going Rsport with more packages over the v6 engine. Im sure it handles just as well as the v6 versions. I have a need for speed, so I probably wouldn't get the 4. But I also went with Premium. An Rsport 25t stock is pretty close to what I paid for my premium 35t.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also hugely curious on the performance of the 25t.

Jaguar says 6.8s 0-60
Motor Trend got a 6.4s 0-60.

The stock engine has 247hp/270torque, but we know from the FType it can handle 300/300. Be nice to see it with a good custom tune.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 6, and I love it.

But... I also ordered before 2018 options were out.

I can see going Rsport with more packages over the v6 engine. Im sure it handles just as well as the v6 versions. I have a need for speed, so I probably wouldn't get the 4. But I also went with Premium. An Rsport 25t stock is pretty close to what I paid for my premium 35t.
No need for speed here LOL! Decided to go for the R-Sport cause I really love to look of the red/black interior option, plus it has a lot of standard features included as well. Also a bit of an audiophile so opted for the 825w Meridian sound system upgrade. Saved money on the 4 Cylinder so the sound/technology upgrade was a no brainer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Let us know what you order and what the timeline is on build/ delivery dates. Waiting is for the birds!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
No need for speed here LOL! Decided to go for the R-Sport cause I really love to look of the red/black interior option, plus it has a lot of standard features included as well. Also a bit of an audiophile so opted for the 825w Meridian sound system upgrade. Saved money on the 4 Cylinder so the sound/technology upgrade was a no brainer.

Seriously considered it here also, It should hit the mileage spot between 35T and 20D, but I have had many diesels and just prefer them. My dealer thinks 25T's will be his top 2018 seller.... has 2 incoming very shortly with my order...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would be very surprised if the I4 is NOT the volume leader in the future.

Whether anybody likes it or not, turbo I4's rule the world right now.

Kerry

Reactions: sorapp

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone out there have a 25t delivery date soon? We are eager for reviews!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone out there have a 25t delivery date soon? We are eager for reviews!
Order placed 4/18. Build date listed as 6/9. Delivery date 8/11. Does anyone know if the Build Date is the start or end of the build? Also, I spoke with the dealer last week and they have been seeing Jaguar orders on average, arriving 2 week early. Supposedly there are several MY2018's in the states already but they are being held at the port.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Supposedly there are several MY2018's in the states already but they are being held at the port.
Oh trust me, and several others on here, it's not supposedly - it's fact there MY18's that have been sitting at the ports for weeks. There had been just a little bit of discussion on this in another thread. ;). Same situation as last year, and just like last year nobody truly knows why.

As to the build date, my build date was 3/31 and my Cat was delivered to the port on April 1, so I'd guess it's the completion date not the start date.

Personslly I'm a diesel guy but the 25t is an attractive option if you're not trying to get off the red light first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts