Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still haven't had the tutorial with the dealer so many questions I have! First thing I noticed is I was told I can "kick" under the back bumper to open the hatch, nothing happens. I don't know how to see how many more miles I can go before my first fill up. Is the phone app accurate? It says I have driven 350 miles and can still go 56 miles. I have no idea how all the trip menus work, or how to reset them or get info our of them.

I bought a pretty loaded one. About the only thing I didn't get was the park assist.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
If you have the kick liftgate option It's not under the back bumper. It's off to either side, behind the back tires. And the motion should be more like lifting your foot under the fender back there rather than quickly kicking. I found the distance to empty on the dash and app to be accurate at least to the point that I haven't ran dry. I've stretched it to only about 10 miles left once, but I never ran beyond that.

Reactions: Danno

·
F Pace Expert
2,564 Posts
Welcome to the club and congratulations.

To add on to kick motion: try positioning you knee against vehicle just behind the rear wheel well then gently swing your foot under vehicle. That should do it.

Pressing the button on the end of the left stalk off steering wheel column will cycle through the various mileage, range, mpg readings on center of dash. That is where you will see how much farther you can go.

Strongly suggest sitting down with manual and give a read through. There is a lot to learn and but very fun once you understand all the capabilities.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Welcome! You can find the online owner's manual at Jaguar Owner Information which has a searchable collection of features and useful details.

And the forum will be here to help with questions as well. Enjoy!

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
459 Posts
When I took delivery of my new R Sport, semi-loaded, I tried the kick option unsuccessfully. The service writer joined me, and then the sales manager. It must have been quite a sight to see the three of us dancing all around the rear of the car, waving our feet like Irish step dancers. Finally my salesman showed up, who advised us I didn't have that option.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Welcome to the group I’m sure you’ll find a lot of helpful people here the kicking thing you’re referring to is called powered gesture tailgate and is part of comfort and convenience package here is a video showing how to make it work.

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
5 Posts
I still haven't had the tutorial with the dealer so many questions I have! First thing I noticed is I was told I can "kick" under the back bumper to open the hatch, nothing happens. I don't know how to see how many more miles I can go before my first fill up. Is the phone app accurate? It says I have driven 350 miles and can still go 56 miles. I have no idea how all the trip menus work, or how to reset them or get info our of them.

I bought a pretty loaded one. About the only thing I didn't get was the park assist.
There is an App to load on your phone for the manual

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome ! Welcome ! Welcome ! I want to echo others and say use these guys and gals on this forum for all your questions . . . no matter how obscure, someone has experienced or knows the answer. It is amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts