Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, this is the look I wanted but could not get a year ago, so I settled for the FE. I wanted a Caesium Blue S with black pack and every other option available. So, I'm pissed. Maybe I should trade in my FE for a loaded S in Caesium Blue with Black Pack. The Caesium Blue color is no longer exclusive, so why keep the FE? The Windsor leather seats aren't enough of a reason.

But here is something interesting from the review that I'd like to verify with someone on this forum who actually read the manual because I didn't. The reviewer says that Adaptive Surface Response is ONLY available with the 380HP V6 version of the F-Pace. Is that true?

·
Banned
298 Posts
First, this is the look I wanted but could not get a year ago, so I settled for the FE. I wanted a Caesium Blue S with black pack and every other option available. So, I'm pissed. Maybe I should trade in my FE for a loaded S in Caesium Blue with Black Pack. The Caesium Blue color is no longer exclusive, so why keep the FE? The Windsor leather seats aren't enough of a reason.

But here is something interesting from the review that I'd like to verify with someone on this forum who actually read the manual because I didn't. The reviewer says that Adaptive Surface Response is ONLY available with the 380HP V6 version of the F-Pace. Is that true?
I'll give you another reason not to trade- YOU WILL TAKE A BATH. Getting that black pack ( which I hate on any vehicle almost as much as black wheels) should only cost you $10, 000 or so. Only thing worth waiting or trading for would be the new inline 6 engine - coming soon?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

I thought it was part of the Adaptive Dynamics package, but according to the link below, is only available on the 380hp version.

https://www.jaguarusa.com/all-models/f-pace/features/index.html

"Adaptive Surface Response (ASR) – only available on the 380 hp supercharged V6 engine – recognizes differences between surfaces to exploit the maximum available grip."

BTW, was there a review link missing in your OP?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I thought it was part of the Adaptive Dynamics package, but according to the link below, is only available on the 380hp version.

"Adaptive Surface Response (ASR) – only available on the 380 hp supercharged V6 engine – recognizes differences between surfaces to exploit the maximum available grip."

Oh yeah, sorry. Here is the link:

I've had my car for a year and didn't realize that ASR only comes with the 380HP version. I thought it was every F-Pace variant including diesel. Chalk that up as one good reason for splurging a bit to move up from 340HP to 380HP.

·
Registered
517 Posts

My Vista form lists ASR as part of the adaptive dynamics package and it is listed in the package on the configurator. It better be inlcuded because this is the only reason I bought the package. I will not pay $1,000+ just for configurable dynamics, so if this is correct my SG better be able to get this discounted.

Also, maybe it changed for 2018, but the 2017 brochure lists adaptive dynamics, including ASR, as standard on the S and optional on Prestige and R-Sport.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My Vista form lists ASR as part of the adaptive dynamics package and it is listed in the package on the configurator. It better be inlcuded because this is the only reason I bought the package. I will not pay $1,000+ just for configurable dynamics, so if this is correct my SG better be able to get this discounted.

Also, maybe it changed for 2018, but the 2017 brochure lists adaptive dynamics, including ASR, as standard on the S and optional on Prestige and R-Sport.
My VISTA shows it too (AdSR) under the package description. It was also the primary reason I spent the $$ for that package, so I expect it to be there or a discount applied. It would help if our cars ever get let out of purgatory. Couple more weeks, fingers crossed, til we know for sure.

Reactions: Turbodog and Trek

·
Registered
517 Posts
It would help if our cars ever get let out of purgatory. Couple more weeks, fingers crossed, til we know for sure.
Yes, unlike the reviewer (many reviewers) we'll actually check out all the features and capabilities for ourselves and not just drive around quoting the marketing info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts