Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an aftermarket rubber floor mat. While the Weathertech mats are the knee jerk reaction, they are only available in black and "cocoa." My F-Pace, however, has an oyster (grey) interior and the black mats don't look that great. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
No one else currently makes rubber floor mats for the F Pace. I don't think you will find any competition in that market space anytime soon.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I had stated in another thread that I had GREY Weather Tech Mats in a Pick-Up Truck of mine , way back when , so maybe WT will offer that color for the F-Pace sooner or later ! I do know they offer GREY for other vehicles ! They started out with just the Black for the F-Pace , and have just added the Cocoa , so maybe GREY won't be too much further behind !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Weathertec. Unfortunately, when they make a production run of a particular mat, it is 200+ units. They said there was not sufficient demand yet to make that many gray mats.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I called Weathertec. Unfortunately, when they make a production run of a particular mat, it is 200+ units. They said there was not sufficient demand yet to make that many gray mats.
I think it is only a matter of time ! F-Paces are pretty popular right now , so the more they build , the more Grey OYSTER Interiors there should be ! The only reason we have Black Interior , is because we bought one off the Lot ! If we had placed our On-Line Build Order , it would have had the Grey OYSTER Interior !
It is GORGEOUS , in my opinion ! :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The only reason I am getting a black interior is because I ordered a black interior.
What took you so long to order your Black Interior ???
My Gorgeous Black Interior already has *7000* Miles on it ! >:)
I guess you had to *THINK* about it for awhile !!! ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
The black Weathertech mats don't look too bad against the oyster carpets and are certainly preferable to getting the carpets trashed and stained.

An option would be to dye a set of the mats (cocoa may actually be best as the starting point) with a quality interior dye such as SEM. There may be a close match in a spray can, or an auto body supply can mix up a custom match for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The black Weathertech mats don't look too bad against the oyster carpets and are certainly preferable to getting the carpets trashed and stained.

An option would be to dye a set of the mats (cocoa may actually be best as the starting point) with a quality interior dye such as SEM. There may be a close match in a spray can, or an auto body supply can mix up a custom match for you.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it. BTW, BRG and Oyster must look pretty sweet. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too have oyster interior and did not want black mats. I ordered grey ones from Lloyds--they are customized for the F-Pace and come in a multitude of colors. I chose the darker of the two greys. They are not as broad coverage as the Weathertech's, but they are not black and fit like the originals. Same coverage as the originals. PM me if you want me to take some pictures for you.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hoping that Husky X-ACT comes out with them soon. Like these much over Weathertech as they have the same or better coverage and are more of the supple rubbery feel than the harder slipperier weathertech ones... I've had both.... Better cargo mat too !

Reactions: SpareTire
1 - 12 of 12 Posts