Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone hit my car and was kind enough not to leave a note. Need to find a shop in the Philadelphia/Flourtown area that can fix the paint and install a new clear bra and C9. Will take back to NJ for the bra and C9 if needed just want to get fixed ASAP and pretend this didn't happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Someone hit my car and was kind enough not to leave a note.
People Suck!!!! :mad: I'm sorry this happened to you. Any chance there were cameras in the area that could get you a license plate?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Man, another "Unlike" post today. :( Does your dealer have a recommended body shop?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sorry this happen to you, Kevin. It seems when you own a really, REALLY nice car like an F-Pace, A$$holes are everywhere! My dealer has his own body shop (in a different location) which is where I went, but it's too far away from Philly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Someone hit my car and was kind enough not to leave a note. Need to find a shop in the Philadelphia/Flourtown area that can fix the paint and install a new clear bra and C9. Will take back to NJ for the bra and C9 if needed just want to get fixed ASAP and pretend this didn't happen.

Sorry for your headache Kevin L. A lot of bad eggs in this world.
When you originally got the clear bra applied, were you able to add an insurance rider to help cover the cost of having the film reapplied in case of a fender bender? Supposedly some insurance companies offer riders for paint protection products such as clear bra. My State Farm doesn't and I'm curious if others have looked into such things to protect their investments.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Cavallo auto body in Newtown square came highly recommended to me from a few friends, I believe they have multiple locations so there could be on closer to Philly. They deal with super high end cars (Ferrari, Maserati etc.) so they shouldn't have an issue with fixing that. The problem, may be big or small depending on your income, will be price. They are going to be expensive, even for a small repair like that. They'll have to remove that piece of the bumper, sand it down, and repaint it. Probably between 1 to 2 grand. Then you'll have to pay for a new PPF and coating as well for that specific area of the bumper.

I know this is kind of redundant after the fact, but I would recommend everyone get a dash cam and have it setup to where it records even when you are out of the car for instances like these. Probably would of had a very good chance to catch the car and license plate that did this and then drove off, good luck my friend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cavallo auto body in Newtown square came highly recommended to me from a few friends, I believe they have multiple locations so there could be on closer to Philly. They deal with super high end cars (Ferrari, Maserati etc.) so they shouldn't have an issue with fixing that. The problem, may be big or small depending on your income, will be price. They are going to be expensive, even for a small repair like that. They'll have to remove that piece of the bumper, sand it down, and repaint it. Probably between 1 to 2 grand. Then you'll have to pay for a new PPF and coating as well for that specific area of the bumper.

I know this is kind of redundant after the fact, but I would recommend everyone get a dash cam and have it setup to where it records even when you are out of the car for instances like these. Probably would of had a very good chance to catch the car and license plate that did this and then drove off, good luck my friend.
Thanks Jman, not concerned with price. I'll call them tomorrow. Just don't want a butcher shop fixing the Fury. Want a quality shop that can put it back to pristine condition. Hopefully karma will get back at the person that did this. I was angry for about 5 minutes but at the end of the day what can I do? Just glad I'm on a forum where I can get GREAT advice when these kind of things happen.

·
Registered
341 Posts
People really are a$$hats. Sorry, @Kevin L, that sucks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh No!!! Kevin, Sorry for your mess. I know it'll be repaired, but I feel your pain!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry you have to join this club too. I really think people are aiming for us now...we have to schedule to get our wheel fixed on ours after pretty much the same thing! Body shop says he has 4 F-Paces in the shop...two broken windows and two "accidents" !!!

Have to take it out in the morning to the big city so wish us luck!

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Have you looked under the clear bra? I've seen hits like yours where they didn't dent anything and the clear bra saved the cars paint - it was the other persons cars paint that rubber onto the clear bra.

Might just be worth checking. Sorry bud, but good reaction - ok to get mad but no sense dwelling on it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
JWreck,
That is very good advice,...have heard that before.
Kevin, try Virgo auto body in Cherry Hill. My family and I have used them 3-4 times and they are meticulous and nice to deal with. They regularly work on MB, Lexus, ag, BMW, etc..
Loop

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oops,..meant Jag (duh). My thumb are too big for texting!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would find out which body shops the dealers in your area use. Remember most of the body panels are aluminum. I don't know if that makes a difference but to be sage a body shop that works on Jags will be familiar with aluminum panels.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great news! The bra did its job. NO paint damage!!!! Getting new bra installed thursday. That's definitely money well spent. Dealers body shop said 2,500 to paint the bumper. Took it to their shop and the estimater said the bra is the only thing messed up. Glad the bra is 2 piece. Going to be 400 to repair. If you don't have a bra get one!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The bra did its job. If you don't have a bra get one!
Kudos to you Big-K ! Only a REAL MAN would be comfortable saying what you said !!! >:)
Let's just hope the future generations that follow you , will heed your advice !!! ;)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Great news! The bra did its job. NO paint damage!!!! Getting new bra installed thursday. That's definitely money well spent. Dealers body shop said 2,500 to paint the bumper. Took it to their shop and the estimater said the bra is the only thing messed up. Glad the bra is 2 piece. Going to be 400 to repair. If you don't have a bra get one!
Excellent, glad it worked out the way it did.
I am now glad I decided to have a bra installed before delivery :)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Wow... Im guessing a clear bra would have saved my passenger side rear bumper and the paint would still look pristine. I can't believe all of that was the clear bra. Thing must be made of kevlar.

·
Registered
63 Posts
And a big kudos to JWreck for suggesting that it might be the paint film!

This experience is now confirmation for me to have this done.

Does anyone know? of a good installer in the South Jersey/Moorestown/Mt Laurel/Marlton area that installs the paint film?

Loop

1 - 20 of 24 Posts