Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With ICTP, is thee any way to simultaneously show navigation with other functions, like radio? Using that giant screen for just map and/or directions seems like a huge waste of real estate.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
There is a split screen in Navigation but it only shows the traffic events from what I could see, but I don't have my car to check. This is one are that changed quite a bit in the new software. I think there are about 5 options now when you hit the layer soft button (one on the right in the main ICTP Navi screen), you might simply want to look there if you have the new software update. if you don't have the new software, i would suggest you get it because that is an area where quite a bit changed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I tell if it has the new software? i picked the vehicle up in early November. It continues to have all the bugs (particularly the Sirius cut out) that others describe in these forums.

·
Registered
95 Posts
IF you have ICTP, then you should be able to display the Map in your instrument cluster and then use the main display for whatever you like. I think 2 screens is better than split screens.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I disagree with the map on the IP. I think it is terrible, rendering other important info (like speed) to a footnote in the lower right corner. If the map took up 1/3 to 1/2 the IP, then it would be very good. Also, you must select it every time you want it.

Jaguar's HMI (human-machine interface) work is very poor.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I disagree with the map on the IP. I think it is terrible, rendering other important info (like speed) to a footnote in the lower right corner. If the map took up 1/3 to 1/2 the IP, then it would be very good. Also, you must select it every time you want it.

Jaguar's HMI (human-machine interface) work is very poor.
Tend to agree a bit, but Jaguars TFT instrument cluster is still one of the best. Audi is really leading the pack with the virtual cockpit and google earth map display. Im sure Jaguar will catch up in the next few years.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well-

I'm only offering up a solution to the stated problem! :) With that said, living in Boston the NAV on the F-Pace has been outstanding. The biggest problem here is all the tunnels etc. Once you go underground my phone GPS will cut out. The GPS in my previous Jeep Grand Cherokee would loose track of where I was, thinking I was above ground etc. I've only been here a year.. so I need all the help I can get!

The F-Pace continues to track me and relay the right exit information even below ground, so that's a plus in my book. I'm also a big fan of the 3D view in the TFT Cluster. I'm not too concerned about the speed display because I have a HUD.

While not perfect, I absolutely love having the Map in the Instrument panel, while my passenger can constantly change radio stations, use the Spotify App etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The display itself is outstanding. Sharp, bright and really responsive to the touch. Leaps and bounds past my Lincoln.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I too like map directly in front of me. Very useful on winding country roads to guesstimate the next possible passing zone to get around the lumbering RV ahead. Perfect combo with HUD. Only gripe is having to use display menu every time I restart vehicle.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Some of you will hate me but while on a trip using the navigation system, I put the map on both displays at the same time! I don't know why, I just love it that way. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some of you will hate me but while on a trip using the navigation system, I put the map on both displays at the same time! I don't know why, I just love it that way. :)
I did the same thing, but just to impress the co-worker riding with me. I figure that if you have it then flaunt it! Ha Ha.

Reactions: Tackle and GRVR

·
Registered
90 Posts
I took the FP on a 1,100mi road trip two weeks ago, with 2 trips of about 9-10 hours each. I played with a bunch of ICTP cockpit configurations (partly to cut the boredom), and I have to say that by far my favorite was having the map in the instrument cluster, instead of on the dash. I'm converted... its now my default setup (instead of the standard gauge view) whenever I want to take the car out on anything more than a neighborhood drive.

Passengers could adjust the dash radio/climate/phone a familiar way without interfering with navigation, and I really liked having the perspective of upcoming road curves/changes right in my line of sight with the IC. I'd come up on a hill and would know in advance if there's a turn, etc. on the other side. Super helpful at night on long, dark roads.
@Trek, I also had the Nav on both displays for a while, and its great driving around town. Its still pretty cool to have the entire cockpit change when you make a turn, and the perspective on the IC display version is just different enough to make it still useful and not 100% redundant (see above).

All and all, I think this is a really well thought-out system. Even with the (being fixed) bugs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I took the FP on a 1,100mi road trip two weeks ago, with 2 trips of about 9-10 hours each. I played with a bunch of ICTP cockpit configurations (partly to cut the boredom), and I have to say that by far my favorite was having the map in the instrument cluster, instead of on the dash. I'm converted... its now my default setup (instead of the standard gauge view) whenever I want to take the car out on anything more than a neighborhood drive.

Passengers could adjust the dash radio/climate/phone a familiar way without interfering with navigation, and I really liked having the perspective of upcoming road curves/changes right in my line of sight with the IC. I'd come up on a hill and would know in advance if there's a turn, etc. on the other side. Super helpful at night on long, dark roads.

@Trek, I also had the Nav on both displays for a while, and its great driving around town. Its still pretty cool to have the entire cockpit change when you make a turn, and the perspective on the IC display version is just different enough to make it still useful and not 100% redundant (see above).

All and all, I think this is a really well thought-out system. Even with the (being fixed) bugs.
I agree! Combine that format with the heads-up display, and I'm ready to roll.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I too like map directly in front of me. Only gripe is having to use display menu every time I restart vehicle.
This! I'd assume checking the map box in display menu means it's permanent but it's not. Anyone found a way to hv it default to the map when the car is restarted?

·
Registered
390 Posts
This! I'd assume checking the map box in display menu means it's permanent but it's not. Anyone found a way to hv it default to the map when the car is restarted?
Maybe it's that way so you can readily observe any dashboard warning lights on start-up and/or because NAV is not ready immediately after you punch the start button.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts