Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I noticed something for the second time today and wondered if anyone else had seen it.

I have ITCP, and the latest update, maybe not the latest latest, but at least the one after the super update.

I ran a quick errand less than a mile from my apartment, and when I got back in the car and started it up, the NAV automatically started directing me home. I wasn't even using the NAV before this. It just decided I wanted to go home.

This was the second time has happened. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Might be the my commute option. If the option is turned on the nav remembers familiar routes. One way to know for sure is there will be no voice commands with the my commute. Just shows you the route and traffic if you have that enabled.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It is the commute feature. Nice feature to me. Remembers our lunch spot and the office and home. I can hop in and let the wife know better what time I will be home and it picks a route based on traffic (there are 3 distinct routes from office to home).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys, but I specifically have the commute feature turned off. The NAV will actually start giving me voice commands, that's how I know it's kicked on.

Seems to only happen when I'm close to home, but the I didn't use the NAV on the previous trip. It's just weird to suddenly come on without me telling it to... hmmmm

Thanks

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys, but I specifically have the commute feature turned off. The NAV will actually start giving me voice commands, that's how I know it's kicked on.

Seems to only happen when I'm close to home, but the I didn't use the NAV on the previous trip. It's just weird to suddenly come on without me telling it to... hmmmm

Thanks
Could be the 2.5 update is actually the first step to the Singularity. Beware of any voice instructions involving pod doors. ;)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Could be the 2.5 update is actually the first step to the Singularity. Beware of any voice instructions involving pod doors. ;)
E.T. phone home ! ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a similar occurrence this week. I started the car using the auto start function, and started driving. For some strange reason, my navigation was on and directing me to an address I have never input into the system. A strange address in Poughkeepsie, NY. Really strange. All my updates have been completed so I have no idea what this was. Another ICTP mystery? Anyone else have a similar occurrence?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine has only done that if I did not fully accomplish the previous route.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine has only done that if I did not fully accomplish the previous route.
I wonder if that has something to do with it. Many times I'll use the NAV to get my way out of somewhere only to turn it off when I'm back on familiar ground. But this "auto home" "feature" happens after several on/off cycles from the last time I actually used the NAV.

I'll at least make a comment when I bring it in next time, and then the service guys will come back with "No Fault Found" of course :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts