Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Earlier this evening on my way into an unfamiliar area, I pulled to the side of the road to put the address into my ICTP. Got the message, "Navigation Not Available." Turned the car off, back on, and tried it again. Same error message. After making it to my destination car was off for a couple of hours. Next attempt to use navigation gave same message. SIM card seems to be properly seated.

Any suggestions for for fixing this problem? (Of course, this problem popped up a couple of hours after Jaguar USA called with a short survey).

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Earlier this evening on my way into an unfamiliar area, I pulled to the side of the road to put the address into my ICTP. Got the message, "Navigation Not Available." Turned the car off, back on, and tried it again. Same error message. After making it to my destination car was off for a couple of hours. Next attempt to use navigation gave same message. SIM card seems to be properly seated.

Any suggestions for for fixing this problem? (Of course, this problem popped up a couple of hours after Jaguar USA called with a short survey).
Hm, I only get this when I first start the car and I try to get into the Navigation to quickly. After say 20/30 seconds I have no problem.

Reactions: NVA_FPACE

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm, I only get this when I first start the car and I try to get into the Navigation to quickly. After say 20/30 seconds I have no problem.
Thanks, Jman. Car had been running about 30 minutes at the time.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Thanks, Jman. Car had been running about 30 minutes at the time.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help... Has it continued or was it just those couple times?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I couldn't be of more help... Has it continued or was it just those couple times?
I haven't used the car since. I'll try again in the morning.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Have you used the nav before and have it work? When we took delivery the SG was running through some of the features and we got this error on the nav. Seemed they hadn't loaded the map data on after making sure the system was updated.

·
Administrator
1,973 Posts
May sound like a silly question but after stopping and leaving the car for a long period of time did you lock it while you were gone?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you used the nav before and have it work? When we took delivery the SG was running through some of the features and we got this error on the nav. Seemed they hadn't loaded the map data on after making sure the system was updated.
Not much, but a couple of times prior to today, and each time it worked as expected with no error messages.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May sound like a silly question but after stopping and leaving the car for a long period of time did you lock it while you were gone?
Absolutely! Funny you ask because I was so unfamiliar with the area I was in, after walking away I wasn't sure I had locked it, so I walked back to the car (rather than using the fob), locked it and waited until the mirrors folded in before I left.

Interesting question. Why'd you ask?

·
Administrator
1,973 Posts
Absolutely! Funny you ask because I was so unfamiliar with the area I was in, after walking away I wasn't sure I had locked it, so I walked back to the car (rather than using the fob), locked it and waited until the mirrors folded in before I left.

Interesting question. Why'd you ask?
That is supposedly part of the sequence to reboot all the ECU's.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is supposedly part of the sequence to reboot all the ECU's.
Hmm, okay, thanks. I tried again this morning and still no luck. Reseated the SIM, re-checked Mobile Data, all the connectivity settings, and I still can't get the navigation screen. Interestingly, I also can't create a route using Route Planner causing the error message "Need Your Location do to this." Apparently my F-Pace doesn't know where it is!:eek:

I guess the only thing left is a trip to the dealer. Thanks, though.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Navigation will work without the 3G connection. 3G will allow for performing live searches of online databases and add other information, but navigation should still work offline. There's something else going on here.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Have you tried "Jaguar Remote"? (I expect you'll get the same result). If that does not find your car, then check the Assistance Button on the overhead console. These and your nav system, all work of the "built-in" connection, not the "subscribed" sim card, as Gorgon has pointed out.

If you get no joy with any of those, I'd say a dealer visit is needed.

Sorry to hear about this bug!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Navigation will work without the 3G connection. 3G will allow for performing live searches of online databases and add other information, but navigation should still work offline. There's something else going on here.
Thanks for the clarification. That helps to narrow down the possible causes of the problem.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have you tried "Jaguar Remote"? (I expect you'll get the same result). If that does not find your car, then check the Assistance Button on the overhead console. These and your nav system, all work of the "built-in" connection, not the "subscribed" sim card, as Gorgon has pointed out.

If you get no joy with any of those, I'd say a dealer visit is needed.

Sorry to hear about this bug!
ExOz, yes, Jaguar Remote works as expected. I didn't think to check the Assistance Button. Will do it in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion, and the advice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's just weird: Stopped off at the dealership today and scheduled an appointment to have them check the navigation system (and apply Cilajet) next Wednesday. On the way from the dealership I thought about trying to turn off the ICTP to see if it would reboot. After pressing the "media off/on" button for about 5 seconds, lo and behold, the navigation system come back on! Finished the drive home, saved a few address "favorites" in the system, got out the car for a few minutes, and when I came back the navigation was gone again!

Hopefully they'll figure it out on Wednesday.

·
Administrator
1,973 Posts
It's just weird: Stopped off at the dealership today and scheduled an appointment to have them check the navigation system (and apply Cilajet) next Wednesday. On the way from the dealership I thought about trying to turn off the ICTP to see if it would reboot. After pressing the "media off/on" button for about 5 seconds, lo and behold, the navigation system come back on! Finished the drive home, saved a few address "favorites" in the system, got out the car for a few minutes, and when I came back the navigation was gone again!

Hopefully they'll figure it out on Wednesday.
Just remember don't tell them what you did as a temporary fix!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just remember don't tell them what you did as a temporary fix!!!
I'm not telling them anything except it doesn't work - fix it (please). Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: Dropped the F off at the dealer this morning to have them fix the "Navigation Not Available" message. Got a call this afternoon that they had re-downloaded the software, the system was working, and I could pick it up. Got to the service department shortly before they closed, got into the car and drove across the street, parked the car and tried to fire up the navigation system. Of course, "Navigation Not Available" message reappears. Unfortunately it was too late in the day to have anyone look at it again.

Back to the dealership tomorrow, and this time I may leave the "please" part out of the demand they fix it!

Spoke to a SA at another dealership tonight and he thinks it's possible they tested and okayed the system while it was still connected to their computer mothership, instead of disconnecting it before they tested. I guess that's possible.

Oh, well. Another day, another trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Update: Dropped the F off at the dealer this morning to have them fix the "Navigation Not Available" message. Got a call this afternoon that they had re-downloaded the software, the system was working, and I could pick it up. Got to the service department shortly before they closed, got into the car and drove across the street, parked the car and tried to fire up the navigation system. Of course, "Navigation Not Available" message reappears. Unfortunately it was too late in the day to have anyone look at it again.

Back to the dealership tomorrow, and this time I may leave the "please" part out of the demand they fix it!

Spoke to a SA at another dealership tonight and he thinks it's possible they tested and okayed the system while it was still connected to their computer mothership, instead of disconnecting it before they tested. I guess that's possible.

Oh, well. Another day, another trip to the dealership.
This forum needs an "Unlike" button. No bueno.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts