Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I feel like the last map update I did was fairly recent. Assuming you're not in, or will be a newly developed area, would there be any reason to do every update? Does anyone know if the map updates change anything else ( e.g. functionality)?
When voice control initially came to ICTP updates the Maps update was critical to ensuring voice was functional. If this is a feature you use I would recommend keeping up with updates under the assumption that Jaguar/HERE make continued improvements in this area. I personally use this less since I received the update enabling CarPlay.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good advice. Thx

I feel like the last map update I did was fairly recent. Assuming you're not in, or will be a newly developed area, would there be any reason to do every update? Does anyone know if the map updates change anything else ( e.g. functionality)?
When voice control initially came to ICTP updates the Maps update was critical to ensuring voice was functional. If this is a feature you use I would recommend keeping up with updates under the assumption that Jaguar/HERE make continued improvements in this area. I personally use this less since I received the update enabling CarPlay.

·
Registered
141 Posts
New Map Update for ICTP available :

Latest version :08.030.0096.0157 Size:Approx. 9 GB

·
Registered
150 Posts
Noticed my Nav system told me to update maps this morning. When I go to Maps & Services website to download update all I get is a blank page. Maybe they pulled it or it's that busy? Who knows. I'll try again later.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Noticed my Nav system told me to update maps this morning. When I go to Maps & Services website to download update all I get is a blank page. Maybe they pulled it or it's that busy? Who knows. I'll try again later.
You cannot update map using OTA wifi as yet. Need to download on a thumb drive prefer 32GB USB 3.0 and then update.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You cannot update map using OTA wifi as yet. Need to download on a thumb drive prefer 32GB USB 3.0 and then update.
I'm sorry, maybe my post confused you! I've updated my maps many times via the USB. I started out saying that the screen on my nav told me to update my maps and when I went online to the InControl Route Planner Maps & Services page it keeps coming up blank. Normally I'd have the boxes to click on to get the map update...well for whatever reason that page is just coming up blank. My subscription is still good for 3-4 years so I'm just figuring it's something on their end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went online to the InControl Route Planner Maps & Services page it keeps coming up blank. My subscription is still good for 3-4 years so I'm just figuring it's something on their end.
I am also receiving a blank page for the map update page, and on 2 different vendor browsers. Highly likely that there is something wrong on the here.com server. There are about 120 lines of javascript commands coming from the here.com server, so the server is functioning, but that page has nothing to display (i have web server admin experience.) I would try again later.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I guess JLR takes care of their website the same way they take care of their vehicles in for service...very, very slow! This is now the second day that I'm showing a blank page on my map updates website. When I bring in my F Pace for service they usually average about 5 days in service. And it's only been in for the first annual service and a couple of times for ICTP updates. And yes, 4 to 5 days in service each time!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I was going to report the issue but it seems their Help and Support link is also broken. *sigh*

·
Registered
236 Posts
All seems to be fixed now. I Facebook Messaged them and got no response but it's working now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Has anyone downloaded the update and installed it? I downloaded it to my USB thumb drive as I did all previous updates and when I insert the drive in the car nothing loads. It's as if nothing is in the USB port. Downloaded it twice, to two different drives and got the same result.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I installed it this morning. No problems with download or upload.
I use one thumb drive exclusively for updates and always delete the previous update before downloading.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I installed it this morning. No problems with download or upload.
I use one thumb drive exclusively for updates and always delete the previous update before downloading.
That's how I usually do it and it downloaded OK to the drive but when I put it in the car it did nothing! So I re did the procedure using now a different drive thinking that maybe the original drive went bad and that too did nothing. I was thinking that since the download site was off line for a few days maybe the download had problems too. As long as I know it worked for someone, I'll keep trying as it must be something here. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had no problem downloading to a 32GB USB 3.0 drive and loading into the NAV system. I reformated the USB before beginning the downloading process. Then I started the engine, brought up the Nav system, and plugged in the USB stick. The uploading into the NAV system took about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
FWIW, I also have a dedicated thumb drive that I use for map updates. It's a 16GB USB 2.0, and I don't bother to erase the previous version before downloading the new update. I've never had a problem with the drive; however, I found that the interface is much happier using Chrome than Firefox.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had no problem downloading to a 32GB USB 3.0 drive and loading into the NAV system. I reformated the USB before beginning the downloading process. Then I started the engine, brought up the Nav system, and plugged in the USB stick. The uploading into the NAV system took about 5 minutes.
Same here, Did it yesterday and it was painless. Took way longer to down load than upload. Hope fully it enhances the voice control... Previously you couldn't get it to recognize anything verbally... had to hand program destinations.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Map Update for ICTP :
Latest version available: 08.030.0097.0156
approximate size 9GB

161 - 180 of 198 Posts