Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
One side note. When I did my mid-year computer back-up, I noticed that the image had suddenly jumped up in size. Upon investigation, it turns out the the map update program was leaving a full copy of the data files on my laptop - a total waste of space that was about to be replicated on both my on-site and off-site mirrors. It was easy enough to remove, albeit manually.

·
Registered
29 Posts
https://jaguar.here.com

Updated maps available today for those that want to make sure they have their maps as up-to-date as possible.

New version number 8.30.70.153. Will be updating mine in the next couple days.
https://jaguar.here.com

Updated maps available today for those that want to make sure they have their maps as up-to-date as possible.

New version number 8.30.70.153. Will be updating mine in the next couple days.
Gorgon.........

Is that map version number correct? The map site is showing updated current version to be (full number).....08.030.0097.0156

·
Registered
141 Posts
Gorgon.........

Is that map version number correct? The map site is showing updated current version to be (full number).....08.030.0097.0156
Yes. See post # 180.

·
Registered
236 Posts
3 weeks old and already a software update! had to reformat an old 32GB USB drive, and took about 15 minutes to apply, but otherwise easy enough. Wish they could do these and other updates OTA, but just with whatever has changed, not the full 9 GB.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Map update available for ICTP.
Latest version :08.030.0098.0153 Size:Approx. 9 GB

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys are lucky the map updates for my car cover the whole of Europe and Russia and amount to 29G this time around they have been slowly getting bigger this time last year they were 24G.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Map update available for ICTP.

Latest version :08.030.0099.0155 Size:Approx. 9 GB

·
Registered
141 Posts
Map Update available for ICTP :

Latest Version Number: 08.030.0100.0153 .
Size. Approx: 9 GB

·
Registered
491 Posts
Map Update available for ICTP :

Latest Version Number: 08.030.0100.0153 .
Size. Approx: 9 GB
I'm just about to do mine and was wondering..... I've downloaded the update on a USB stick and my car is promting me for a 30min upload time and to not turn off my ignition.
As I don't drive mine more than 5-10 minutes and the download time in 30min, would I have to leave the ignition on for 30 or could I turn off and it'll pause until i come back to the car ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Would I have to leave the ignition on for 30 or could I turn off and it'll pause until i come back to the car ?
It won't take 30 minutes - more like 8-10.
If you have to stop, it will resume.
(Cheer up, on my Pre-ICTP F-Type, it said 2 hours - and it was right)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2019 FPace-S with smart-app package... When I go to jaguar.here.com, after I add the vin number, say's it a connect car and won't go any further... Do I still need to download from the site or can I update the maps from inside the car

Also, if my trial for Att has expired, can I still just use the WiFi?

thanks,

jim

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a 2019 FPace-S with smart-app package... When I go to jaguar.here.com, after I add the vin number, say's it a connect car and won't go any further... Do I still need to download from the site or can I update the maps from inside the car

Also, if my trial for Att has expired, can I still just use the WiFi?

thanks,

jim
For map update , you need to download on to a usb stick from jaguar.here.com. For best results use 32 GB USB 3.0 stick format fat 32. Once downloaded onto USB, go to your car turn on the ignition but do not start the car (it is not necessary), insert the USB with map file into the one of the USB port inside the center console arm rest and wait and follow the prompts.It will take about 7-10 mins.

Regarding your trial ATT in car wifi once expired you can log onto att connected car and and purchase more data.
Currently ATT is running a sale for unlimited data for $15 per month ending oct 31,
The in car wifi cannot be used for map update . It can be used for SOTA or better use your own home wifi for that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
New map update for ICTP.
Latest version available :08.030.0101.0156 Size:Approx. 12 GB

·
Registered
11 Posts
For WiFi the vehicles are fully unlocked so you can find the best available data rate sim you can, here in the UK I'm using a payasugo sim as they are giving the best rate at the moment then I'll swap when I get a better deal. During normal running its only traffic updates that use the the sim or now now updates but they seem to be only very few. All the remote connect and incontrol stuff use the sim in the telematics system that once the warranty period expires you will have to pay a subscription for. In the UK on an evoque it's about $70 a year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
New Map update available for ICTP:

Latest version :08.030.0102.0152 Size: Approx. 12 GB

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
181 - 198 of 198 Posts