Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
https://jaguar.here.com

Updated maps available today for those that want to make sure they have their maps as up-to-date as possible.

New version number 8.30.70.153. Will be updating mine in the next couple days.
Gorgon, where can I get the updated maps file, and does it apply to ICT, not pro?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gorgon, where can I get the updated maps file, and does it apply to ICT, not pro?
Maps are available from the link I provided to https://jaguar.here.com and assume they are available for ICT but I could be wrong. Once you create an account and register your car you should see the subscription service for your car and a location to download the updated maps for NA. Suggest that you have a USB 3.0 stick of at least 16GB. This last download file for me was ~9GB.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm a bit concerned this is not an actual Jaguar website but it still asks for your Jaguar account details. (domain is here.com which is not associated to Jag, or is it?)

Did this update from from Jag?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here.com supplies the maps/POI for many of the automotive navigation systems. The difference here is that you can download and update the maps yourself. In legacy systems where you purchased a DVD to updated your maps/POI it was typically still supplied by the Here.com org.

Also, the Here.com account is not the same as your Jaguar.com account for remote/InControl apps, etc.

EDIT: For those looking for some history Here.com was previously Nokia Maps and was previously Navteq. These guys have been doing mapping for a long time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm unable to get the map downloaded. I'm on a Mac running OS X (El Capitan) and when the Map Downloaded app opens up it tells me "Insufficient disk space." I have plenty of hard disk space and see no way of specifying where the download should go. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm unable to get the map downloaded. I'm on a Mac running OS X (El Capitan) and when the Map Downloaded app opens up it tells me "Insufficient disk space." I have plenty of hard disk space and see no way of specifying where the download should go. Any help will be appreciated.
You have to have a USB stick plugged in before it will download. The USB stick will need more than 9GB of free space before the downloading will start as it downloads the update straight to the USB stick.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just completed mine. When downloading to USB, I had to use Microsoft Explorer as the browser. Their download app would not launch using Firefox. With Explorer it gave me the same error message as mentioned in a earlier post. You'll have to scroll down in the list of devices you see listed at that time. Look for your USB, it should be the only one with a bright red button.

Thanks @Gorgon for the heads up about the update.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
remember, I'm not hip with any of this newfangled technology so y'all are going to have to help me out on this one. I went to link and was immediately confused :/ Do I need to set up an account for this and any future updates or is this something that should already be set up for me?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here is a step by step:

1. Go to https://jaguar.here.com
2. Log in with your account. You should already have this setup for live services and other services to work. This is what your dealer did for you when you took delivery of the car.
3. Click on MAPS & SERVICES link on the top navigation bar below the Leaper logo on top.
4. Look under MAPS. You would see a GET LATEST VERSION red button for your country map. Click on it.
5. You will be taken to the DOWNLOADS page. Click on the DOWNLOAD MAP button.
6. This will pop up and ask you to install a software called "Map Downloader". Install it. This tool assists in downloading the map to your USB stick.
7. After the install is complete, RETURN to the web page and click on DOWNLOAD MAP button again. This time it will launch the tool you just installed.
8. The tool will ask you to select your USB drive.
9. After the download completes, just go to your car and start the engine.
10. wait a bit and launch Navigation.
11. Plug in the USB stick into the car center console.
12. It should recognize the map update automatically and ask you if you want to install. Agree and press OK.
13. You can start driving at this point. Just make sure the engine is kept running.
14. In about 10 minutes the download will complete and Navigation will restart.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Here is a step by step:

1. Go to https://jaguar.here.com
2. Log in with your account. You should already have this setup for live services and other services to work. This is what your dealer did for you when you took delivery of the car.
3. Click on MAPS & SERVICES link on the top navigation bar below the Leaper logo on top.
4. Look under MAPS. You would see a GET LATEST VERSION red button for your country map. Click on it.
5. You will be taken to the DOWNLOADS page. Click on the DOWNLOAD MAP button.
6. This will pop up and ask you to install a software called "Map Downloader". Install it. This tool assists in downloading the map to your USB stick.
7. After the install is complete, RETURN to the web page and click on DOWNLOAD MAP button again. This time it will launch the tool you just installed.
8. The tool will ask you to select your USB drive.
9. After the download completes, just go to your car and start the engine.
10. wait a bit and launch Navigation.
11. Plug in the USB stick into the car center console.
12. It should recognize the map update automatically and ask you if you want to install. Agree and press OK.
13. You can start driving at this point. Just make sure the engine is kept running.
14. In about 10 minutes the download will complete and Navigation will restart.

Enjoy!
Thank you :) sadly I have already run into problems. I tried the login info for the only thing I know of that they set up which was the incontrol app thingy (actually he set it up with my kid cuz she is much more tech savvy than I) and that info is no good :( maybe I should call dealer?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you :) sadly I have already run into problems. I tried the login info for the only thing I know of that they set up which was the incontrol app thingy (actually he set it up with my kid cuz she is much more tech savvy than I) and that info is no good :( maybe I should call dealer?
The jaguar.here.com account it not the same account used for the connected apps. However it will be the same account that you would use for the Jaguar Route Planner app as this app ties to the info at jaguar.here.com. Also, the dealer may not have set this up for you. If this is the case you can register an account and then tie your vehicle to the account with the VIN. (As far as I can remember, it's been a number of months since I set it up).

Once you get the account set up WhiteCat's instructions are good. You just need to make sure your USB stick is 16GB or larger since the download is so large.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
After checking into this a bit more the downloadable map updates appear to be ICTP only. Sorry to those that might be having a hard time.
OK, that is clarified. ICTP only.
Anybody know if there is an update for ICT?

1 - 20 of 196 Posts