Gorgon, where can I get the updated maps file, and does it apply to ICT, not pro?
Maps are available from the link I provided to https://jaguar.here.com and assume they are available for ICT but I could be wrong. Once you create an account and register your car you should see the subscription service for your car and a location to download the updated maps for NA. Suggest that you have a USB 3.0 stick of at least 16GB. This last download file for me was ~9GB.Gorgon, where can I get the updated maps file, and does it apply to ICT, not pro?
You have to have a USB stick plugged in before it will download. The USB stick will need more than 9GB of free space before the downloading will start as it downloads the update straight to the USB stick.I'm unable to get the map downloaded. I'm on a Mac running OS X (El Capitan) and when the Map Downloaded app opens up it tells me "Insufficient disk space." I have plenty of hard disk space and see no way of specifying where the download should go. Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you sadly I have already run into problems. I tried the login info for the only thing I know of that they set up which was the incontrol app thingy (actually he set it up with my kid cuz she is much more tech savvy than I) and that info is no good maybe I should call dealer?Here is a step by step:
1. Go to https://jaguar.here.com
2. Log in with your account. You should already have this setup for live services and other services to work. This is what your dealer did for you when you took delivery of the car.
3. Click on MAPS & SERVICES link on the top navigation bar below the Leaper logo on top.
4. Look under MAPS. You would see a GET LATEST VERSION red button for your country map. Click on it.
5. You will be taken to the DOWNLOADS page. Click on the DOWNLOAD MAP button.
6. This will pop up and ask you to install a software called "Map Downloader". Install it. This tool assists in downloading the map to your USB stick.
7. After the install is complete, RETURN to the web page and click on DOWNLOAD MAP button again. This time it will launch the tool you just installed.
8. The tool will ask you to select your USB drive.
9. After the download completes, just go to your car and start the engine.
10. wait a bit and launch Navigation.
11. Plug in the USB stick into the car center console.
12. It should recognize the map update automatically and ask you if you want to install. Agree and press OK.
13. You can start driving at this point. Just make sure the engine is kept running.
14. In about 10 minutes the download will complete and Navigation will restart.
The jaguar.here.com account it not the same account used for the connected apps. However it will be the same account that you would use for the Jaguar Route Planner app as this app ties to the info at jaguar.here.com. Also, the dealer may not have set this up for you. If this is the case you can register an account and then tie your vehicle to the account with the VIN. (As far as I can remember, it's been a number of months since I set it up).Thank you sadly I have already run into problems. I tried the login info for the only thing I know of that they set up which was the incontrol app thingy (actually he set it up with my kid cuz she is much more tech savvy than I) and that info is no good maybe I should call dealer?