Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a new owner. I traded in my MB E350. Love the car so far. I tried using the navigation system today. I live in NY state, i trying to find a route to a town in NJ. The system would only bring up towns and cities in NY.. Just wanted to know am i missing something??

Dave in NYC

·
Administrator
1,974 Posts
From the online owners manual, if this helps.

If the full address is not known, the search feature may be more effective. See SEARCH.

When searching, only the relevant keys for the next valid character are highlighted for selection.

Previous entries or search history is also displayed below the text entry box.

To enter an address:

Touch Type an address in the NAVIGATION MENU screen. See MAIN MENU.

Input the Country, State or Province.

Input the City, Town, or Zip Code. Previous entries and narrowed search results are displayed. Select the required entry and touch Ok.

Input the Street name, Number, or Intersection, if applicable. Previous entries and narrowed search results are displayed. Select the required entry and touch Ok.

NOTES
In some markets, the entry fields may vary from those listed above.

The map displays the entered location, as the address is entered. If the location displayed is correct, touch Show place details, to confirm.

The navigation system calculates and displays a number of routes. Select Start to begin navigation. If the highlighted route is not the desired route, select Route preferences to change the route. The navigation system displays the distance and Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) for each route.

Select the chosen route and then touch Start navigating.

NOTES
The routes are calculated using the selected route preferences, e.g., avoiding toll roads or ferries. The route preferences can be adjusted while setting the destination, if required.

NOTES
An address can be added as a waypoint after a destination has been selected.

NOTES
Previous entries, or search results as they are narrowed, are displayed on the touch screen, behind the keyboard. If required, hide the keyboard for better access.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Mike,

thank you for the info. I was trying to get from NYC to an address in Paramus NJ and as I typed in the address it eliminated the letters that don't apply.. no way to spell Paramus. I tried using the voice control. It didn't understand and just terminated. I think it may be a SIM card issue or a firmware issue. I'm going to call the dealer next week.

thank you again for your help.. this forum is great

Dave

·
Administrator
1,974 Posts
HI Mike,

thank you for the info. I was trying to get from NYC to an address in Paramus NJ and as I typed in the address it eliminated the letters that don't apply.. no way to spell Paramus. I tried using the voice control. It didn't understand and just terminated. I think it may be a SIM card issue or a firmware issue. I'm going to call the dealer next week.

thank you again for your help.. this forum is great

Dave
Just an FYI, unless you have the ICT the ICTP (which is the more expensive system, go figure) it does not have voice control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts