Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Navigation Apps - Sygic vs Genius Maps vs Waze

14K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  kerrydel 
#1 ·
So been running my new Cat for a little over 2 weeks now. Have not really had a chance to play with the limited apps (I have ICTP). The only ones that really interest me is the Sygic Car Navigation or Genius Maps and maybe more for my passengers on road trips. The other apps offered don't seem that appealing to me (correct me if I am missing a cool app here). Also, when I use navigation on my ICTP, is it running one of these apps or is the navigation on the ICTP separate from these navigation apps?

Does anyone have experience with these 2 navigation apps from Jaguar? Pros and Cons of both? Do you have to pay for the maps? Thought I saw where you have to pay for a Premium version or something?

I currently use Waze on my Samsung S7 Edge because not only does it show where the friendly Cops are (I don't speed, I just like to wave at them >:)), but Waze also has the Spotify option built into my Android 7.0 version and it is free and always up to date tied into Google (from what I understand). Sure would be nice to have Android Auto on this Cat.

Appreciate the feedback.

#3 · (Edited)
While my gato has Nav and Jaguar Apps, I still use Google Maps on my phone pretty much exclusively. I don't think any OEM Navigator will ever compete with google maps in functionality, ease of use, accuracy, speed, human interaction, level of detail, traffice updates, detour info, etc., etc. etc, etc, etc, etc

I wish I could mirror my phone screen on the ICTP screen. Anyone knows how to do that? I'll pay you top £££££££ :) (oh and without voiding the warranty, that is....)

#8 ·
I've been able to get a chromecast to work on mine using the hdmi connector. And I've only tested casting youtube videos and such but some Android devices support casting you're entire screen (basically whatever app you're running) such as the Nexus 5/6 etc. Ofcourse, for that the device has to stay on but meh.

I'll try to test how well casting the entire screen works with Waze/GMaps and I'll let you guys know.
Fyi, the trick to get chromecast to work tho is to use the car's hotspot (basically connect your phone and the chromecast to the car's wifi hotspot). This takes a bit of trial and error, at least it did for me.

#9 ·
Well,

I did try it and it worked. I was able to run Waze on Chromecast mirroring.
Only thing (should've known): obviously when you're driving, any input through HDMI gets disabled.

So Chromecast isn't gonna be useful for navigation.

Anyway, you can still watch videos through Chromecast when you're parked :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.