Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see if anybody can help me out. I got my F-pace last year, July, and in last couple of months this mysterious sound is coming somewhere from the driver’s side. They had this kind of issues with 4 different F-pace SUVs and thought that changing rivets will solve the problem but I was informed last week that was not the case. It sounds like it is coming from the roof (like two pieces of plastic are rubbing against each other). It does not stop and it is loud and annoying. At the dealership they have no clue what is causing this, it is still under investigation.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Many techs have stethoscope type devices that can be used to isolate where a noise is coming from. It's old school but not unusual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The same exact issue cropped up on mine about a week ago. Bought my F-Pace S in June 2016 and it has 8k mi on it. Going to bring it in next week and see if they can diagnose. I'll update this thread with what they find out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Cabin noises can be hard to isolate. If you can isolate it yourself, it might help the service folks find a fix. My dealership has no problem having the service folks ride with me for noises, maybe you can ask that of your dealership and see if together you can really figure out where the noise is coming from (the way noise moves in there, could be a sound from the rear).

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please let me know if you find anything from your dealership regarding this issue and I will keep you posted if I find something. Planning to visit dealership again and see if they were able to figure this out.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
My strange noise was coming from under the Glove box area...I found this rattling around under it...You never know what it could be..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got it back from service. They replaced steering column. Seems to be fixed for now. There is an SB out for this, not sure what the number is. Not sure if its the same issue as you, but mine was defintiely in the steering, near where the shaft went into the firewall. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts