Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the pleasure of owning my fpace for 6 days and thought I would give a report for those that are wanting to know how the '18's are treating us new owners. First my car info. is ... Fugi White with the black pack, Jet with light Oyster headlining, ICPT , Convenience pack, Standard 20" wheels, activity key.
Wow! is all I can say about the driving experience. Every mode BUT "eco" is fun in its own way. The ICPT has been flawless (except hooking up to my apple router). I have used the CD player and burned some albums to the car memory with out a hiccup. All the stitching is straight and all body panels line up. I really can't find a problem.......
Now, a comparison to the Lexus RX350 we have. Wish, as stated on these forums, is that the seat would move back after you shut down. A nice little tray to put change in would be nice. The ride is a little firmer even with the light load on 20" wheels. Road noise is comparable. Over all, because of all of you guys & gals, I couldn't be more happy. I'm sure I will have questions I can't find in the search function when I dig deeper into the finer things. Ask questions and I will try to be quick with an answer or opinion. Thanks for reading.......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Glad you like it, we knew you would :)
Where did you get the covered bridge?
How about adding the rest of your specs to your signature.
Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
There is a small shallow shelf in the console box for coins.
Is this 2018 only? I don't recall this in my '17, but then I don't every open the console.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Great looking ride! I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more as you experience all the different driving modes on different roads. When I'm in Pennsylvania, I live in a rural community with a number of great back country, winding roads. Miles of sport/dynamic/paddle shifting fun!

Hey, let's not forget to meet up sometimes in metro Columbus this Spring of Summer.

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Almost identical build to mine except diesel... Looks awesome! Good luck !

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I don't know how you can compare an F-Pace S with a Lexus RX 350. The latter is NOT a performance SUV. It looks the part, but that's it. There is nothing under the hood or in the handling that even comes close. The RX 350 is a luxury highway cruiser. It's great, if that is what you want. You have to know what you want. They aren't comparable.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Congrats, that is awesome looking! Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats! Great looking ride and I imagine, well worth the wait.......NOW!
Curious, did you buy or lease? If you want, you could PM me.
I'll be on the lookout for you around town! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know how you can compare an F-Pace S with a Lexus RX 350. The latter is NOT a performance SUV. It looks the part, but that's it. There is nothing under the hood or in the handling that even comes close. The RX 350 is a luxury highway cruiser. It's great, if that is what you want. You have to know what you want. They aren't comparable.
True on the performance part, but it is a Luxury/performance SUV. Nothing I have ever driven is more surprising then this one on performance. (no vets, BMW's or Porches in my past) Like others have posted the Luxury is missing in some parts of the interior but I can assure you I haven't lost any sleep these past 6 days thinking about my decision.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
No still 3G, but the manual lists 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G.
Interesting, I'm wondering if they just changed the provider of the chipset for the mobile interface and plan software upgrades to get to the newer technologies. I think that is limited due to hardware, listing all of those is surprising.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
No still 3G, but the manual lists 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G.
We're mashing a bunch of technology here.

2G/5G refers to frequency of WiFi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)

3G/4G refers to cellular modulation technologies within the telematics unit. There was some documentation that listed support of 4G in 2018 versus 3G in 2017 models.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I think he was saying that the only thing he had to compare to his F-pace was the Lexus, and beside the seat not moving down and back on egress and there being a change holder the interior is comparable to the Lexus. I don't think he was trying to compare driving dynamics and engine to the Lexus because like you said they aren't even close, in fact there probably on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Anyway, @Jetman beautiful build and be sure to enjoy it and stay out of ECO mode ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Glad you like it, we knew you would :)
Where did you get the covered bridge?
How about adding the rest of your specs to your signature.
Enjoy!!!
Just down the street from my house...... I put Columbus down so everyone could find it. Lol I actually live 20 minutes from Columbus in Canal Winchester.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
*ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS* Photos @Jetman !!! ;)
It is AMAZING how the WHITE F-Pace *POW-POW-POPS* right out of the shot IN YOUR FACE !!! >:)
Job Well Done Sir , Job Well Done Indeed !!! :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Glad you like your new beautiful ride!

Surprising to me I burned rubber with my diesel yesterday
Had to get out of someone's way

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats! Similar to the 2018 S my wife is getting next week - getting psyched (mine will be Yulong w/Brogue/dark headliner). Is the voice command working for the ICTP nav?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts