Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker and new to the forum. I am pricing a MY17 F-Pace 2.0d Premium with the following:

Cold Package
Vision Package
Navigation Package
Protection Package
Wheel Lock Package
Sirius
Roof Rails
Dark Sapphire
19" Wheels

After a few days of back and forth the final out of the door price is $51.5K, with a$1.5K trade-in. I am in NYS so taxes are about 9%, is this a good deal? I found a better deal in Wichita, KS, about $1.5K less, but I would need to drive the car back to NY.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
522 Posts
How in the heck can we tell if this is a good deal without MSRP and all the info. on your trade in. Don't you think MSRP would be a nice piece of information, or are we to go and build the vehicle with your list of options.

I am sorry to be so rough, but it is like some people just arrived on the planet earth and are buying their first car ever. I am simply surprised that people shopping at this price level $40-$70k have no clue about buying/leasing a car, or even in asking for advice.

YES, GREAT DEAL...Go for it!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am pricing a MY17 F-Pace 2.0d Premium with the following...
You might look at the Prestige and see if the included nav and heated seats etc get it about even on pricing. I started out adding options to the Premium and realized that the two models overlap strongly in price for the options I was looking at...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How in the heck can we tell if this is a good deal without MSRP and all the info. on your trade in. Don't you think MSRP would be a nice piece of information, or are we to go and build the vehicle with your list of options.

I am sorry to be so rough, but it is like some people just arrived on the planet earth and are buying their first car ever. I am simply surprised that people shopping at this price level $40-$70k have no clue about buying/leasing a car, or even in asking for advice.

YES, GREAT DEAL...Go for it!
Rookie mistake. The MSRP is $51.8K, the discount for out of the door price is 3.2%.

I guess the root question is if a 3.2% reduction in price is good enough to pull the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
1,914 Posts
A good deal is the one where the heart wins out over logic or your pocket. Personally I think $1,657 is not enough of a discount. But, it also depends on the demand in your area. Considering the 18's will arrive shortly I would think the dealer wants to get rid of inventory. Look elsewhere if a diesel is what you want. I'm sure there are deals to be made.

Next you can have a car carrier company ship it to NY for far less than the $1,500 savings but what do you do about the trade?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts