Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across someone who can edit the CCF on MY17+ JLR vehicles, I can still do up to MY17 with SDD, I have the new interface and can do most things dealers can do on new vehicles just not play with the CCF file. Looking for help in this direction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone come across someone who can edit the CCF on MY17+ JLR vehicles, I can still do up to MY17 with SDD, I have the new interface and can do most things dealers can do on new vehicles just not play with the CCF file. Looking for help in this direction.
How do you edit sdd?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two methods of editing the CCF file with SDD for all non DOIP vehicles, there is a utility called SoftwareDownload.htm that allows you access to basic service functions and ccd editing the other is with the SDD program itself. If you have SDD look in the installation directory there are some basic documents on editing in there. If you need more I did have some stuff that I may be able to upload to the forum.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,316 Posts
There are only about 7 items in the CCF nothing really exciting. For the 2017 a few are only accessible via the CCF on the 2018 and newer some are accessible via the dash Custer menu.

DP

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have produce an app for editing the CCF in conjunction with Pathfinder if anyone wants a copy just PM me and I’ll give you the details. I have attached a screen shot and I have used it to add AHB to my Xenon F-Pace.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basically anything on the vehicles, on my previous MY10 XF I added USB and Voice both factory fit options, on my last XF I added Voice, for someone else on an I helped him by reprogramming the car to accept the Upgraded Audio, Keyless entry, puddle lights, heated and cooled seats. ON my current F-Pace I have added Auto High Beam it's not an option on Jaguar without LED Headlamps but it is on Land Rover so it obviously worked being all JLR share electronics. I haven't adde any new hardware yet but may well do when it's out of Warranty.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Basically anything on the vehicles, on my previous MY10 XF I added USB and Voice both factory fit options, on my last XF I added Voice, for someone else on an I helped him by reprogramming the car to accept the Upgraded Audio, Keyless entry, puddle lights, heated and cooled seats. ON my current F-Pace I have added Auto High Beam it's not an option on Jaguar without LED Headlamps but it is on Land Rover so it obviously worked being all JLR share electronics. I haven't adde any new hardware yet but may well do when it's out of Warranty.
PM Sent

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,316 Posts
So basically this is for the MY17 or older and your editing the files for SDD cars. The MY18 newer use a different system

make sure people understand what’s needed and what cars this will actually work with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can do both SDD is used on vehicles from 08 - MY17 and Pathfinder from MY18 onwards. SDD had CCF editor built in but the authors of Pathfinder in their wisdom left it out. (probably at the request of JLR). So for early vehicles I would use SDD and for later vehicles I would use my small standalone program along side Pathfinder. Not only did the application that JLR use to connect to the vehicle change but the stored format of the CCF (Car Configuration File) which is a VBF (versatile Binary Format) file also changed. This means that to work on the whole range you need a newer laptop that can run both Pathfinder and SDD.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have produce an app for editing the CCF in conjunction with Pathfinder if anyone wants a copy just PM me and I’ll give you the details. I have attached a screen shot and I have used it to add AHB to my Xenon F-Pace.
View attachment 72369
I can do both SDD is used on vehicles from 08 - MY17 and Pathfinder from MY18 onwards. SDD had CCF editor built in but the authors of Pathfinder in their wisdom left it out. (probably at the request of JLR). So for early vehicles I would use SDD and for later vehicles I would use my small standalone program along side Pathfinder. Not only did the application that JLR use to connect to the vehicle change but the stored format of the CCF (Car Configuration File) which is a VBF (versatile Binary Format) file also changed. This means that to work on the whole range you need a newer laptop that can run both Pathfinder and SDD.
Could you edit the vehicle so that both mirrors dip when you put the car into reverse?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yes That's how mine work. What year is your vehicle do you have Pathfinder and an interface or can you get to someone who has?
Oh wow, that's great I've always wanted that. To be honest, I do alot of mods, more than anyone I've heard of. I have a 2018 Prestige with a 3.0L. Having said this, you're speaking way over my head.
Since you're not asking me if I have a semi large Nissan SUV, but the name of a program, where would I go to get this?
I do have a pretty good OBD2 reader though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh wow, that's great I've always wanted that. To be honest, I do alot of mods, more than anyone I've heard of. Having said this, you're speaking way over my head.
Since you're not asking me if I have a semi large Nissan SUV, but the name of a program, where would I go to get this?
I do have a pretty good OBD2 reader though.
Pathfinder is the name of the current JLR application for diagnosis of vehicles SDD was the previous version, so it's important to know what model year your vehicle is. Thos built up to June 2017 use SDD and this built from June 2017 which will be MY18 onwards use the pathfinder application.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Pathfinder is the name of the current JLR application for diagnosis of vehicles SDD was the previous version, so it's important to know what model year your vehicle is. Thos built up to June 2017 use SDD and this built from June 2017 which will be MY18 onwards use the pathfinder application.
My vehicle is a mid 2018. When I did my tune it was relevant that it uses the newer Flexray ECU. Assuming it uses Pathfinder, what would a person like me do to start to enable and edit features (mirror dip feature)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Definitely a Pathfinder Vehicle. To do any mods you will need a suitable interface the JLR official/Bosch DOIP (Diagnostics over IP) or the Diagnostic Associates DA-DOIP or there are a couple of Chinese ones, I have the DA-DOIP, the software is free from JLR but to do module programming you need a subscription with TOPIX JLR's electronic arm. Then to make changes to the CCF (Car Configuration File) you would need the software I am selling or that a couple of others are selling for about $125USD, I know one of the others are selling theirs for around $500USD. There was a lot of work involved in writing it took about a year. With Pathfinder you can do anything a dealer can well worth knowing if you are visiting a dealer for warranty work. I can send you some UK links to suppliers although I know they are available in the US and Canada.
How are you going with COVID it was the lock down here that finally gave me the time to finish and test my application.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts