Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My F-Type SVR behaves the same way. You can prevent it by either leaving it in automatic mode or manually downshifting it coming to a stop when it's in manual mode. Forcing the car to downshift when it's in manual mode isn't the best idea.
Thanks I started to do this and it’s definitely less when you manually do it. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I tried this today with my SVR. Put it in manual mode, shifted up through the gears then left it in S5 and came to a stop. It doesn't down shift to maybe the last 100 feet and it does it quickly, but I didn't noice anything other than fast shifting. it also only brings it down to 2nd gear.

I never would drive this way as I noted before, if I'm in manual, I stay in manual and shift all the way down. The only clunky thing I have noticed is that the SVR doesn't like to be shifted to 1st unless you are pretty much fully stopped. If you. shift to first while still rolling, it is a bit clunky so I simply don't do it.
Thanks for trying and sharing mate, mine is like the jerky you described going to first but it happens when shifting down from 3rd to 2nd mostly. I spoke with jag they think it needs a mechatronic reset

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Mrscene, all,
I am adding my comments to your problems...
Got my SVR about a month ago. Did about 1500km when the problem with the crackling noise appeared - for me on my left front wheel.
The dealer said immediately "bearing" and now we are waiting for the spare part. Should be here on Sept 4th so it will take about a month to deliver! :(

The brakes are squeaking from the very start, they said they will fix it at the point with the bearing... Wondering whether they will do it.

When I connect my iPhone (bluetooth or cable, doesn't matter) or listen to a CD there are crackling sounds coming out of the Audio (Meridian Surround) like listening to a LP Record, or when static energy is being uploaded. Quite annoying for such an expensive Audio... At the moment they have no solution. Any idea??

A week ago my Adaptive Cruise Control started to make strange noise when lowering the speed, breaking behind the car in front of me. It is like a loud servo motor squeaking. Was not there before, is now and it is annoying... Dealer never heard it and they have so far no idea. Anyone??

All in all, quite a lot for a brand new expensive car.
Wondering what comes next...
Hey man about the audio issue I had the same on my 2019 Range Rover sport which also had meridian, exactly the same issue. They fixed it! Maybe ask them what fix is available if this happens on a rrs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey man about the audio issue I had the same on my 2019 Range Rover sport which also had meridian, exactly the same issue. They fixed it! Maybe ask them what fix is available if this happens on a rrs?
That would be excellent if you could get some info on what they repaired or changed to make it work!
Thanks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would be excellent if you could get some info on what they repaired or changed to make it work!
Thanks...
So... today they tried to fix some of the issues...
Couldn't fix the cracks in the wheel though, as the bearing did not arrive from Jag yet... more than a month and something now...
They checked the noise in the CC when breaking, identified it as probably the ABS module and are waiting for approval by JLR
They fixed the squeeking of the front brakes. They are silent now, just the rear ones started to slightly squeek occasionally... could live with it :)) but they will probably exchange the pads
They kind-of fixed the cracks in the audio. Said they re-installed a new software in the amp... hmmm, ok... and yes, the cracks are gone. Mostly. There is now one out of previous 30... So OK I will pretend they are gone now
:unsure::cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
So... today they tried to fix some of the issues...
Couldn't fix the cracks in the wheel though, as the bearing did not arrive from Jag yet... more than a month and something now...
They checked the noise in the CC when breaking, identified it as probably the ABS module and are waiting for approval by JLR
They fixed the squeeking of the front brakes. They are silent now, just the rear ones started to slightly squeek occasionally... could live with it :)) but they will probably exchange the pads
They kind-of fixed the cracks in the audio. Said they re-installed a new software in the amp... hmmm, ok... and yes, the cracks are gone. Mostly. There is now one out of previous 30... So OK I will pretend they are gone now
:unsure::cool:
I was a bit silent here as the dealer tried to fix my problems several times now...
They fixed and replaced the left bearing for the cracks, in the mean time the right started to crack as well so had to replace both...
The car's brakes do squeek since ever. After several fixes and changes there is no progress. When breaking gently, the breaks squeek. Really annoying for 4 months now...
The audio cracks and pops have not gone. Several tries and fixes, including change of the amp and one or more speakers, no change. Still there and not fixed, obviously they have no idea...

The strange sounds in the dashboard (like an e-pump sound or similar) when ACC (adaptive cruise control) stars breaking are not fixed after 5 tries... Even worse, the dealer says this is a standard sound with ALL f-pace models with ACC due to the position of the electronics in the front part close to the cabin / dashboard... so the sound gets in the car... wow, great, can anyone please confirm this?? I just hate that sound...
Please let me know whether there is ANY sound with your ACC breaking and if there is, whether you are OK with that!
My 12 year old VW Touareg with its aged ACC has zero sound when breaking...
Thx...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
IMC and Amp replaced. The issue, and JLRNA's position of not really caring, persist.
Yes my 2017 made a e-pump type noise which was very noticeable when ACC was engaged and the car needed the brakes applied. I never complained about it to be honest. My SVR makes generally the same noise but it is much less noticeable. In fact when new, I actually thought there was no noise there at all. However, while driving the car without the stereo playing and in normal, so you have less exhaust noise, I can hear the e-pump noise ever so slightly when the ACC applies the brakes.

I'm pretty picky with sounds and vibrations and such and I wouldn't put up with speaker crackles, but the e-Pump sound is not something that annoys me. I also I don't hear my brakes squealing at all. However, my wife, who is a bit younger, does say she hears a slight squeal from time to time when the windows are down. I'm assuming I've lost the upper end of the audio spectrum at my age and probably can't hear the frequency at all. She says it's noticeable but not annoying to her. Oh well, I can't hear it so it doesn't bother me.

I love everything else about my SVR. I smile so much when driving it my face hurts after long drives :) :) :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi ,
I’m 3 months into ownership on my svr

1. I did have squeaky brakes they weren’t to bad and now seem to be ok
2. I’ve had no tyre or wheel banging issues at all but there again I rarely use full lock on the steering
3. I have the surround system and it’s great no issues at all
4. Fuel cap inline
5. I do dive in different modes d s and paddles but I’d never dream of leaving in 5 th on the paddles and not changing down when stopping .
6. The ride is as good as ever no problem with this
The nav and the system is slow which is a bit annoying When you turn up the volume it takes a second to register
I’ve had no problems that require me to take the car back to the dealer but I try not to look for faults either
It’s a great suv the best sounding by far
I’m sure they will fix your problems the dealers can be poor but I’ve contacted jaguar customer service ow they do care they will be straight on to dealer to help sort your problems out and even give you some compensation I had a small blemish on my paint you’d never know unless shown it may polish up better I said I didn’t want the car repaired (sprayed) I asked for the first service free of charge . A week later a first service voucher arrived from the dealer £300 worth

21 - 28 of 28 Posts