Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

1. I got a brand new silver svr, after 1500kms feels like my SVR doesn’t handle as well. It feels looser and more body roll, and the suspension feels harsh when going over bumps. This all has happened since I had quite extreme clicking noises when turning left or right. JLR are ordering new parts (bolts and wheel bearing) but I’m wondering and hoping this will fix it? Any thoughts?

2. also did any of you manage to fix the squeaking break noise?

3. Is your petrol cap misaligned at the top?

4.When in manual mode and in 3rd or 4th gear then coming to a stop does yours shift down in a jerky hard way? Mine gears down really abruptly

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Love may SVR, it handles like a very well mannered SUV. Remember it's not a coupe, it's a high SUV, so it isn't going to handle like a M3, although it handles better than any SUV I ever driven and better than most of the sedans I had with V8s.

I haven't had any clicking noises or squeaking from. the brakes other than right after washing it, but that's expected.

As for shifting my SVR downshifts when I need it to downshift. So when you say manual mode, are you in Dynamic or Normal? Remember Dynamic shifts will be slightly more abrupt and they are supposed to be. Normal mode shifts will be somewhat softer. How much racket the car makes and how abruptly the shift is depends on when you're downshifting. Higher in the rev band the more abrupt it will be.

·
Registered
924 Posts
No SVR experience, but in my “S” in dynamic and sport transmission modes, the downshifts are most definitely and noticeably firm. Sort of like a DCT.
I actually kind of like it, reminds me of aggressively downshifting a manual transmission. I think it’s doing what they designed it do: aggressive downshifting.
It feels jarring initially because the ZF 8 speed in Drive and Normal mode is so smooth. That’s my observation. Nothing wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No SVR experience, but in my “S” in dynamic and sport transmission modes, the downshifts are most definitely and noticeably firm. Sort of like a DCT.
I actually kind of like it, reminds me of aggressively downshifting a manual transmission. I think it’s doing what they designed it do: aggressive downshifting.
It feels jarring initially because the ZF 8 speed in Drive and Normal mode is so smooth. That’s my observation. Nothing wrong.
interesting, okay what I mean by downshifts is when you in a high gear say 4th and you coming to a stop the car automatically gears down as you stopping and while it’s doing that it does it in a very jerky way to the point you can feel it mechanically clunking down and the car jerks in doing so.Is that what you experience as well? This happens when I am in comfort but I have engaged the pedal shifters (manual mode)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love may SVR, it handles like a very well mannered SUV. Remember it's not a coupe, it's a high SUV, so it isn't going to handle like a M3, although it handles better than any SUV I ever driven and better than most of the sedans I had with V8s.

I haven't had any clicking noises or squeaking from. the brakes other than right after washing it, but that's expected.

As for shifting my SVR downshifts when I need it to downshift. So when you say manual mode, are you in Dynamic or Normal? Remember Dynamic shifts will be slightly more abrupt and they are supposed to be. Normal mode shifts will be somewhat softer. How much racket the car makes and how abruptly the shift is depends on when you're downshifting. Higher in the rev band the more abrupt it will be.
Thanks for the response, I’ll definitely get my brakes looked at it can’t stop squeeking it’s really annoying!

about the shifts - so what I mean is when you in comfort mode, you engaged the pedals and you in 5th gear so D5 and you coming to a traffic light, the car automatically gears down until D2 (car stopped) but as it’s gearing down it’s really jerky and mechanically clunky so clunky it feels like the car doesn’t come to a smooth stop but to a jerky stop. Do you experience this? Hopefully I explained it better this time

·
Registered
23 Posts
My F-Type SVR behaves the same way. You can prevent it by either leaving it in automatic mode or manually downshifting it coming to a stop when it's in manual mode. Forcing the car to downshift when it's in manual mode isn't the best idea.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Forcing the car to downshift when it's in manual mode isn't the best idea.
Why is that? The paddles are designed to do just that. They even rev match on downshifting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My F-Type SVR behaves the same way. You can prevent it by either leaving it in automatic mode or manually downshifting it coming to a stop when it's in manual mode. Forcing the car to downshift when it's in manual mode isn't the best idea.
Yes I manually downshift I don’t have that problem.. it’s like the cars map is not doing a good job of gearing down. I had another SVR and demo it for about 1000km and it didn’t do this. Was smooth even downshifting in manual mode.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
So I never notice this since I never let the car down shift on it's own when in manual mode. I have it in manual mode because I want to manually downshift and upshift, especially downshift since I love downshifting between 2k and 3k as the pops and crackles and BANGS, sound great!

If I'm not paying attention to shifting I normally just leave it in D or S.

·
Registered
924 Posts
about the shifts - so what I mean is when you in comfort mode, you engaged the pedals and you in 5th gear so D5 and you coming to a traffic light, the car automatically gears down until D2 (car stopped) but as it’s gearing down it’s really jerky and mechanically clunky so clunky it feels like the car doesn’t come to a smooth stop but to a jerky stop. Do you experience this? Hopefully I explained it better this time
I never drive in D mode and leave the paddles engaged without shifting (what's the point).

I tried it to see if does what you're describing. Answer: No. Downshifted smoothly, the same as if it was in Auto.
In Sport mode, it is definitely more aggresive and firmer, which I like in that mode.

The only time I paddle shift in D is when I temporarily want to slow without braking ie. school zones, short downhill runs or Police pulling up behind me and I'm a few mph over the limit.

In D, it reverts back to Auto mode after not using the paddles again shortly. Pretty handy for short periods.

Use the paddles all the time in Sport mode.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
So I tried this today with my SVR. Put it in manual mode, shifted up through the gears then left it in S5 and came to a stop. It doesn't down shift to maybe the last 100 feet and it does it quickly, but I didn't noice anything other than fast shifting. it also only brings it down to 2nd gear.

I never would drive this way as I noted before, if I'm in manual, I stay in manual and shift all the way down. The only clunky thing I have noticed is that the SVR doesn't like to be shifted to 1st unless you are pretty much fully stopped. If you. shift to first while still rolling, it is a bit clunky so I simply don't do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mrscene, all,
I am adding my comments to your problems...
Got my SVR about a month ago. Did about 1500km when the problem with the crackling noise appeared - for me on my left front wheel.
The dealer said immediately "bearing" and now we are waiting for the spare part. Should be here on Sept 4th so it will take about a month to deliver! :(

The brakes are squeaking from the very start, they said they will fix it at the point with the bearing... Wondering whether they will do it.

When I connect my iPhone (bluetooth or cable, doesn't matter) or listen to a CD there are crackling sounds coming out of the Audio (Meridian Surround) like listening to a LP Record, or when static energy is being uploaded. Quite annoying for such an expensive Audio... At the moment they have no solution. Any idea??

A week ago my Adaptive Cruise Control started to make strange noise when lowering the speed, breaking behind the car in front of me. It is like a loud servo motor squeaking. Was not there before, is now and it is annoying... Dealer never heard it and they have so far no idea. Anyone??

All in all, quite a lot for a brand new expensive car.
Wondering what comes next...

·
Registered
500 Posts
When I connect my iPhone (bluetooth or cable, doesn't matter) or listen to a CD there are crackling sounds coming out of the Audio (Meridian Surround) like listening to a LP Record, or when static energy is being uploaded. Quite annoying for such an expensive Audio... At the moment they have no solution. Any idea??
I have the same issue. Jaguar is offering no solution and no options. I've had the issue for months. It's been in the shop for this all week this week again (3rd time), actually, because they had a 'beta fix' they wanted to try, but that didn't work either, and then Wednesday there was a 'webex meeting with jag engineers', but I haven't heard anything since. And JLRNA is not returning my requests for escalation calls.

Sorry man, you're 'just gonna have to live with it'. (which is what I've been told by Jag).

My advice: take it in, and keep taking it in, keep a paper trail, and make sure they acknowledge the issue on the service records. if yours is anything like mine, you're in for a long fight.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have the same issue. Jaguar is offering no solution and no options. I've had the issue for months. It's been in the shop for this all week this week again (3rd time), actually, because they had a 'beta fix' they wanted to try, but that didn't work either, and then Wednesday there was a 'webex meeting with jag engineers', but I haven't heard anything since. And JLRNA is not returning my requests for escalation calls.

Sorry man, you're 'just gonna have to live with it'. (which is what I've been told by Jag).

My advice: take it in, and keep taking it in, keep a paper trail, and make sure they acknowledge the issue on the service records. if yours is anything like mine, you're in for a long fight.
I know it doesn’t help, but this has been in the Topix notes for the last few software updates:
AUDIO
A customer may complain of popping noises on all sources of audio, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full
software release.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I know it doesn’t help, but this has been in the Topix notes for the last few software updates:
AUDIO
A customer may complain of popping noises on all sources of audio, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full
software release.
Appreciate the info!

Unfortunately, the beta of the next full release is what they installed, and it didn't fix it. In fact, it seems to have actually made it worse.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hi Mrscene, all,
I am adding my comments to your problems...
Got my SVR about a month ago. Did about 1500km when the problem with the crackling noise appeared - for me on my left front wheel.
The dealer said immediately "bearing" and now we are waiting for the spare part. Should be here on Sept 4th so it will take about a month to deliver! :(

The brakes are squeaking from the very start, they said they will fix it at the point with the bearing... Wondering whether they will do it.

A week ago my Adaptive Cruise Control started to make strange noise when lowering the speed, breaking behind the car in front of me. It is like a loud servo motor squeaking. Was not there before, is now and it is annoying... Dealer never heard it and they have so far no idea. Anyone??

All in all, quite a lot for a brand new expensive car.
Wondering what comes next...
I can say that I don't have many of the issues noted here. My audio has been petty much awesome and so much better than the 2017. The whole car just seems to be buttoned up better.

As for the servo motor sound with Adaptive Cruise, interestingly enough my SVR doesn't make anywhere near the noise that my 2017 First Edition S did when slowing down. The 2017 made a grinding sound when slowing quickly with Adaptive cruise, however, if driving normally and jumping on the brakes you don't hear that sound. The 2019 SVR doesn't make anywhere near that noise and the Adaptive Cruise works much better. I was always having to hit the accelerator to get the 2017 going again on a stop when traffic was heavy, the 2019 is much better at slowing the car closing the distance and not stopping but crawling slowly forward.

However, I have had one or two times when it was engaged and the traffic in front stopped quickly and you can clearly hear the brakes being applied heavily kind of like the noise the 2017 made all the time while slowing or stopping. So I think the improvements in the system has mostly be tuning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can say that I don't have many of the issues noted here. My audio has been petty much awesome and so much better than the 2017. The whole car just seems to be buttoned up better.

As for the servo motor sound with Adaptive Cruise, interestingly enough my SVR doesn't make anywhere near the noise that my 2017 First Edition S did when slowing down. The 2017 made a grinding sound when slowing quickly with Adaptive cruise, however, if driving normally and jumping on the brakes you don't hear that sound. The 2019 SVR doesn't make anywhere near that noise and the Adaptive Cruise works much better. I was always having to hit the accelerator to get the 2017 going again on a stop when traffic was heavy, the 2019 is much better at slowing the car closing the distance and not stopping but crawling slowly forward.

However, I have had one or two times when it was engaged and the traffic in front stopped quickly and you can clearly hear the brakes being applied heavily kind of like the noise the 2017 made all the time while slowing or stopping. So I think the improvements in the system has mostly be tuning.
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.
However, I am struugling to just "live with it" in a car which costs over 100K EUR and wants to compete against the Ms and AMGs.
The noice on the ADC was not there before but is now so obviously should not be there :)
Have a meeting tomorrow with the head of the service and we'll see...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
LacoSVR, if you are really having issues that get under your skin, you should get Jag to take care of them. I've been thrilled with my SVR. Only a couple issues as I mentioned before. Although, I just noticed a new one when I got home today. My Drivers seat outside bolster has wear showing in about 8k miles. It's the bolster area that my back pockets would slide by when moving into the seat. I got in and out of the seat multiple times after noticing it and because I have the seat back so far, I hardly hit that area. So I'm puzzled as to why the wear is there. All the rest of the seats all of them are still perfect. It's very strange.

Interestingly enough for my 2017 First Edition, I had similar wear on the bottom cushion, but it wasn't until 30k miles. they replaced both front seat covers and had a speciality shop do the work. This will be added to my list of two other items when I take the car in for service on September 9th.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.
However, I am struugling to just "live with it" in a car which costs over 100K EUR and wants to compete against the Ms and AMGs.

Have a meeting tomorrow with the head of the service and we'll see...
Service can't help you. There is no fix for the speaker crackle issue.

The service department here has given up on software updates and are now waiting on parts to replace the IMC and the amplifier.

They already replaced the IMC once, so... You know.. They are grasping at straws.

And corporate isn't even returning my calls or even follow through with basic communication.

It's no wonder this company struggles so much with it's reputation.......... I should have known better.

·
Registered
500 Posts
IMC and Amp replaced. The issue, and JLRNA's position of not really caring, persist.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts