Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't say this to my girlfriends face but rest assured she will NEVER drive my car again. She was out last night and backed into a car. There is no indentation in the paneling but I don't know if the whole panel will have to be replaced or if it is possible to repaint it. The passenger side tail light also has scuff marks all over it so I'm sure that will have to be replaced as well. I am so upset and annoyed, I dont even want to know how much this is going to cost.

Anyone in Southeastern PA, preferably in the Chester County/KOP area know any good body shops? Thanks in advance.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Ouch

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
129 Posts
Interesting... Looking at the first picture I thought that it wasn't that bad - most should buff out, then I scrolled down. Each pic gets worse! Sort of like a slowly developing nightmare...

At the end of the day, it is just paint on plastic (it looks contained to the bumper). Probably shouldn't be that bad. I couldn't see the tail light scratch from the pics so I can't comment there.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Bummer. That's two panels by the way. Rear quarter panel and the lower fascia that's gloss black.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
So sorry to hear that.
I have found it is always a gamble letting someone borrow your car.
Shouldn't be too hard to fix, just a pain in the you know what.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
188 Posts
Knock on wood because I'll do it today, but with a backup camera and reverse sensors, how is this possible? she hit the accelerator accidently?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Knock on wood because I'll do it today, but with a backup camera and reverse sensors, how is this possible? she hit the accelerator accidently?
Exactly! She said she didn't use the backup camera (just mirrors) and didn't realize she was that close. I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened but Im very annoyed. I had three coats of Ceramic pro applied to the car as well so Im really hoping he's not an A-hole about applying it to only a small portion of the damaged part of the car

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Really tough luck, J-Man. I know it is only paint and such, but I would have flashes of putting an "ex-" in front of that girlfriend >:)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
JMan, I'm so sorry this happened to your F-Pace. When JLR Mainline dented my F-Pace, I had them take it to Karosserie in Wayne on a recommendation from the sales guy at JLR. Regardless of the Yelp reviews these guys do work on high end cars, and do a fantastic job. They fixed JLR Mainline's screw up perfectly. I would recommend them, based on the fix they did to my F-Pace. They also managed replacing the clear bra where it had to be also and the company that did that for them was very good, perhaps they can do the Ceramic Pro as well.

Reactions: VZX-CO and Jman97

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really tough luck, J-Man. I know it is only paint and such, but I would have flashes of putting an "ex-" in front of that girlfriend >:)
Oh believe me, when she showed me this morning I had to keep a VERY close watch on the words that were flying out of my mouth. I know it wasn't on purpose but it doesn't make it hurt any less. Their are scuff marks in the creases above and below the tail light, and on the tail light itself. Im really hoping they don't have to replace any panels or the tail light.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That sucks man.

I too would like to know how this was possible... did the audible reverse sensors go off? It's supposed to be active regardless if backup camera is working or not right?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm a nut when it comes to any imperfections with the appearance of my car, so I definitely understand your pain. But it looks like it will be a pretty straightforward fix. Once the work is done and some time has gone by, you'll feel a lot better about the situation. Just make sure to carefully examine the work in the proper light before accepting the car. Make sure that the paint matches the surrounding paint perfectly and is free swirls, holograms, etc. If done properly, you shouldn't notice that any work was ever done. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm a nut when it comes to any imperfections with the appearance of my car, so I definitely understand your pain. But it looks like it will be a pretty straightforward fix. Once the work is done and some time has gone by, you'll feel a lot better about the situation. Just make sure to carefully examine the work in the proper light before accepting the car. Make sure that the paint matches the surrounding paint perfectly and is free swirls, holograms, etc. If done properly, you shouldn't notice that any work was ever done. Good luck.
Right, I mean at least it wasn't totaled or the bumper wasn't hanging off, but its so unsightly now. Especially because its black, its so easy to tell. There is no dents or anything in the panels so I'm hoping it can just be sanded down. The problem is the scuffs are also on the piano black rear valance so I'm concerned how thats going to come out (scratches very easily).

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This sucks . Sorry to see and hear it . This is why no one will ever drive mine , GF or not .
AMEN TO THAT! I have learned my lesson. She said she was following the yellow lines on the back up screen, are the yellow lines telling you where the wheels are or where the the car is? I thought it was an indication on where the rear wheels are.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So sorry this happened to your beautiful FP, @Jman97. It hurts my eyes just looking at the pictures you posted. Hope you can get it fixed real soon.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So sorry this happened to your beautiful FP, @Jman97. It hurts my eyes just looking at the pictures you posted. Hope you can get it fixed real soon.
Thank you for your condolences! ;):)
Im starting to accept it now, the wound isn't so fresh so I've come to realize I can't change what happened, just have to get it fixed and hope it looks good as new.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Best of luck with your paintwork as spray painters hate Ceramic Pro as the chemicals in it react when painted over.
These 7 day wonder paint treatments are not paint shop friendly when repairs are required and are hated in the UK.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So I just had those exact 2 panels replaced along with the rear fog light. Took about a week total in the shop with less visible damage than you have. The new pieces took a few days to come once it was in the shop and then they had to be painted. Total cost ~ $1500. I must say, though, it looks absolutely brand new again, so chin up, this too will pass!

In the interim, I found that scratch X buffed off all the paint transfer and most of the scratches---to the point where you really had to look to see the damage. Give it a try.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts