Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's better than I had imagined all this time. I also think the wheels look fantastic in the flesh - don't know why but the 20" wheels look smaller on photos than in real life. On my first drive into the city I had to stop to pay cash at the toll booth. Guy at the counter leaned out and said, "wow is that the new Jag SUV? thats a real sweet ride"! Getting some Xpel Ultimate PPF applied today, and then will get some break-in miles done this weekend.

Its interesting to actually see it next to an MDX - I've heard the F-Pace often described as a CUV, but overall its not small, looks about the same size as an MDX which is termed a 'mid-size' SUV. Perhaps its to do with the lack of third row seating... If I had to do a size comparison it would be against the MDX rather than RDX, and the X5 rather than X3.

Ride is just amazing. We only had a chance to test drive the R-Sport version, so from memory it feels like a small but definite improvement in comfort, Not as 'soft' as the MDX, but way better feel handling etc. Im trying to be gentle at least for the first 500 miles, but I cant wait to put my foot down in dynamic mode.

I asked the dealer to check the psi, and yes, it was set to 'Normal' which means fully so he kindly deflated them to around 34 'comfort' mode.

Thanks to everyone on the Forum who has made the wait bearable!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks good. I am seeing more people here taking delivery of the BRG. I am still in the wait mode.

Reactions: Peter and VZX-CO

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Congratulations, it looks great with those wheels. Also the MDX Actually looks smaller to me although I think it's 8 inches longer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice. I was almost heading down the Acura route before finding the FP. The RDX was going to be the direction I was thinking just because I didn't need the space of a larger SUV and wanted some performance. As well all know, there is no real competition here. I think it may be a good idea to have an Acura follow me everywhere to protect me from rear end crashes!! The Lexus I was looking at wouldn't be able to keep up. I kid, I kid.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have to tell you...my neighbor has a white MDX and I have always thought it looked like a really nice vehicle. However, next to the FP it looks pretty blah!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is a fantastic sign that I do not tire of seeing pics of folks taking delivery of their new BRG S. It really is a stunning build, bazeem... congrats to you!

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's better than I had imagined all this time. I also think the wheels look fantastic in the flesh - don't know why but the 20" wheels look smaller on photos than in real life. On my first drive into the city I had to stop to pay cash at the toll booth. Guy at the counter leaned out and said, "wow is that the new Jag SUV? thats a real sweet ride"! Getting some Xpel Ultimate PPF applied today, and then will get some break-in miles done this weekend.

Its interesting to actually see it next to an MDX - I've heard the F-Pace often described as a CUV, but overall its not small, looks about the same size as an MDX which is termed a 'mid-size' SUV. Perhaps its to do with the lack of third row seating... If I had to do a size comparison it would be against the MDX rather than RDX, and the X5 rather than X3.

Ride is just amazing. We only had a chance to test drive the R-Sport version, so from memory it feels like a small but definite improvement in comfort, Not as 'soft' as the MDX, but way better feel handling etc. Im trying to be gentle at least for the first 500 miles, but I cant wait to put my foot down in dynamic mode.

I asked the dealer to check the psi, and yes, it was set to 'Normal' which means fully so he kindly deflated them to around 34 'comfort' mode.

Thanks to everyone on the Forum who has made the wait bearable!

Congrats! I too have an MDX and looking at the F-Pace, eventhough the two seem to be the same size, the F-Pace has a longer hood, therefore might have less 2nd row leg and head room. I have 2 kids and was wondering if that is really noticeable in the F-Pace? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts