Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Velar P380 SE

Overview:
1. The car felt comfortable, loved the dual LCD, but the instrument cluster lacked some of the flair of the F-P
2. Power was ok, i'd prefer my F-P S better but I know Jag and LR cater to different folks
3. Air suspension seem to only work at certain speeds.

No buyer's remorse, will still do the F-P

BTW if anyone is having a bad experience with dealerships in NC, PM me, I have nothing but nice things to say about the dealership we stumbled into after our original dealership started lying and being irresponsible.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I don't like the big plasticky things on either side of the horn. They make the interior look lower class.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have not seen Velar in person yet but you can see clearly in these pictures that Velar and F-Pace are close cousins. This explains why my coworker told me that he saw RR that looked like my Jag. I kind of wish that Velar vs. F-Pace looks more distinct than they are even if they are based on the same platform.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not seen Velar in person yet but you can see clearly in these pictures that Velar and F-Pace are close cousins. This explains why my coworker told me that he saw RR that looked like my Jag. I kind of wish that Velar vs. F-Pace looks more distinct than they are even if they are based on the same platform.
but if you're into cars you can see they are really different. My opinion RR should had stuck to 2 versions the RR and the RR sport, should not have diluted the market with evoque, velar, what's next a 2 door version or a convertible?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I prefer this from the Velar. Look to your F-Pace interior :|
Look to my F-Pace interior? My F-Pace interior looks much better than the Velar interior. I sat in a Velar at my JLR dealer. You have an F-Pace 20d. I have an F-Pace S-First Edition. My F-Pace interior is different than your F-Pace interior. My F-Pace interior is awesome looking.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The Velar is a bigger vehicle, a bit too big for my liking. Some people might like the two ipad look of the interior, I am not a big fan. The air suspension and the more comfortable right sounds nice but they are only available on the top of the line Velar which cost around $90000.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Look to my F-Pace interior? My F-Pace interior looks much better than the Velar interior. I sat in a Velar at my JLR dealer. You have an F-Pace 20d. I have an F-Pace S-First Edition. My F-Pace interior is different than your F-Pace interior. My F-Pace interior is awesome looking.
Lol. I think the Range Rover Velar interior is better looking, and for the 90k price that one probably has, it should be nicer. I also love the simplicity and elegance of the F-pace interior but they definitely could have used nicer materials.

·
Registered
43 Posts
F-Pace vs Velar was my final pairing before pulling the trigger on the S First Edition.

The F Pace S is faster. You can feel that it’s not tuned the same and this was my final decision point. The FE also is incredibly sharp in the colour combo but you can configure similar with a Velar.

The bottom line came down to price. A fully loaded apples to apples FP S to Velar P380 was CAD$15K higher for a CPO Velar. I’m comparing CPO and not new as I don’t buy new anymore when low km CPO is the smart choice given you get 6yr/160K in Canada. It didn’t make sense. Also RR is already known as the worst brand for issues (Jag not far behind) and all those glorious electronics (I mean it’s all stunning) scared the jeepers out of me to take a chance and pay $15K more for that chance. I’d rather take that extra money and take the fam to Maui for 2 weeks!

But the Velar IS INDEED glorious if you’ve got the cash and dont need all that power. I do wish we had air suspension because my S ride on 22” is real harsh but livable given it drives like a sports car.

...one last point is my S First Edition came with very cool rear HVAC controls which don’t come on any model Velar. ???? Paying $15K more for a base model back seat setup for my kids was a deal breaker.

They’re both nice but my FE turns heads much more than a Velar. To each their own! 🙂

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
but if you're into cars you can see they are really different. My opinion RR should had stuck to 2 versions the RR and the RR sport, should not have diluted the market with evoque, velar, what's next a 2 door version or a convertible?
A 2-door RR is coming....I saw an article recently, was not my cup o' tea.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Or...the 2019 Range Rover SV Coupe, currently being quoted at $300,000.

Yes, that was the one I read about. It’s apparently a throw back tribute to the original Rovers (? I’m not familiar enough with the brand to know for sure).

At any rate, I’d love to get a Velar for a loaner just so I could review it for a friend who wants one. I doubt my dealership will be adding one to their loaner inventory though.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I'm not totally trashing the Velar. I thought the all black on black one that I saw at my dealer looked wicked, bada$$, as long as it is black everywhere. But that's the exterior. The problem was it was still a RR. Less boxy looking (I hate a boxy shaped vehicle) than other RRs, which made it look acceptable to me. The interior was nice, but not as nice as the F-Pace S. The steering wheel still looks like a truck steering wheel. The centerpiece is this gigantic square-shaped thing that looks horrible. So what did JLR do? They compounded the felony by adding cheap-looking black plasticky things (Playstation? Nintendo?) on either side that big ugly square steering wheel centerpiece. Those two 1990s era video game controller looking things diminish the interior significantly. What a shame.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
They compounded the felony by adding cheap-looking black plasticky things (Playstation? Nintendo?) on either side that big ugly square steering wheel centerpiece. Those two 1990s era video game controller looking things diminish the interior significantly. What a shame.
+1 Agreed , 100% with Trek on this one !!!

Me no likey *cheap-looking black plasticky things* either !!!

They definitely be FUGLY !!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
They already did,man
My wife was inches away from buying one of these, but the engine was coarse, and the dealer for this was even father away than my Jag dealer, (Mine is jag only not JLR). Small and no room for junk in the back. FP Diesel was a far better choice for us. More room , more storage, better mileage, and better looks! In the big world, I don't think these sold well and there were no discounts on them when we were looking in SWFL. I don't think I've ever seen one on the road....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts