Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked at a local coffee shop. Went inside 15 minutes.
Sat in Fpace. Backed up a car length and voila. The emergency parking brake starts
Flashing. Car will not go forward or back

Called Jag service. Helpful. Said will send a tow truck. But AAA? I coulda done that
myself. Wait time 90 minutes.
Luckily after sitting for awhile brake disengaged. Cancelled service, but they told me to have
dealer look at car.

Called dealer to set up appt. to my surprise they would only give me a loaner if I bought vehicle there.

Otherwise must pay Enterprise. Per day. We'll see.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Sorry about the problem. There are so many of these one off issues. Are you unsure about driving the vehicle?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the problem. There are so many of these one off issues. Are you unsure about driving the vehicle?
No, but the service person told me to have it checked.
Figured I'd be safe rather than sorry.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
This kind of stuff scares me, My wife will be the primary driver of this vehicle and she is not extremely car savvy. 3 times in a row of this kind of stuff for her, and she will be ready to dump it. Fingers crossed that these problems are rare...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This kind of stuff scares me, My wife will be the primary driver of this vehicle and she is not extremely car savvy. 3 times in a row of this kind of stuff for her, and she will be ready to dump it. Fingers crossed that these problems are rare...
I think they are

·
Registered
390 Posts
Modern cars all have these electronics gremlins that rear their head on occasion; Jaguar is not the exception here. All makes suffers from techno glitches at times. Accepting and understanding this makes for more relaxed ownership. Frequent recurring issues are the real concern; one-off's, no.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
I must admit that one offs are more frequent on the F Pace more so than any other car *I* have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Modern cars all have these electronics gremlins that rear their head on occasion; Jaguar is not the exception here. All makes suffers from techno glitches at times. Accepting and understanding this makes for more relaxed ownership. Frequent recurring issues are the real concern; one-off's, no.
I didn't have these techno-weirdo problems with my '67 Malibu. Who says modern is better?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts